Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Peace Intention Experiment
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 11, 2008 01:12AM

(I question whether we actually 'send' our intentions, given the non-local nature of reality; my feeling is that you simply become conscious of whatever state you wish to experience and share with others. Anyway, that little detail aside, I think this is an excellent experiment being shared by thousands of people):

Powering Up: Watch the News Tonight

Dear readers,

Many people want to know how to develop compassion when sending intention, which is an important feature of sending intentions for peace. One of the best ways is to watch the news tonight and really taken in the tragedies around us.

I once discussed methods of developing compassionate intention with Jerome Stone, a practicing Buddhist, who told me about this marvellous quote from Sogyal Rinpoche, author of The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying. Rinpoche recommends that the key to opening yourself to true compassion is to open your hearts every day to the suffering around you, with beggars who pass you by, with the poverty, tragedy and grief you see on your television sets:

"Don't waste the love and grief it arouses; the moment you feel compassion welling up in you, don't brush it aside, don't shrug it off and try quickly to return to 'normal', don't be afraid of the feeling or embarrassed by it, allow yourself to be distracted from it or let it run aground in apathy. Be vulnerable; use that quick, bright up rush of compassion; focus on it, go deep into your heart and meditate on it, develop it, enhance and deepen it. By doing this you will realize how blind you have been to suffering . . ."

So watch the news tonight and open up your heart in order to hope for peace.

Find a Friend

Don't forget: tell everyone you know to sign up to: www.thepeaceintentionexperiment.com for the largest such experiment in history.

Warm wishes,

Lynne McTaggert

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables