Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

To the moderator
Posted by: Jose ()
Date: September 24, 2008 12:42PM

Dear Bryan,

I appreciate your job here can be fairly time consuming and is done on a purely voluntary basis, yet I am quite disappointed to find a thread I recently started has been deleted.

From what I have gathered, this was due to one or two people making some disrespectful posts at some stages.

The topic of the thread was in no way offensive or injurious to anyone, but rather was purely a discussion about the merits of Liberty and how it relates to recent events on the world stage.

Needless to say, I largely don't agree with censorship of any kind, but if in future you find one or two people are posting offensive comments in an otherwise perfectly valid thread, I would suggest a relatively better course of events might be:

a) initially caution/warn the offender about their posts
b) temporarily suspend the offender's account

There is no reason why myself, and others, who spent time, effort and also some thought into contributing towards a thread should have to bear punitive responsibility for other people's behaviour.

This gets to the root of what we were actually discussing in the thread, Freedom implies responsibility for one's own actions, and much like the American taxpayers should not be forced to pay to bail out irresponsible bankers, respectful posters should certainly not be forced to pay for other people's actions.

This whole censorship episode is to me but a small example of how little Liberty is valued by people at large. It's a real pity that this beautiful message of Freedom cannot be appreciated here.

In essence, as originator of the thread, I have not, in any way, contravened any of the rules of the forum in my actions, and so I cannot agree that deleting my thread was the right thing to do.

In any case, I wish you all the best.

As always,
cheers,
J

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: To the moderator
Posted by: cyclopsale ()
Date: September 25, 2008 05:19PM

Jose-
I am sorry that your thread was deleted, because of me and a few others. Although I don't believe that my posts were offensive and deserved deletion, I do understand that my posts caused others to become angry and this caused the deletion of your perfectly valid post. You are not the one who should be punished, but yet you are being punished for others' actions. You do not deserve this, and no one deserves this. Again, you should not have to bear the responsibility of other peoples' actions, and I think that Bryan and those that wanted the deletion should apologize to you.

Date: September 26, 2008 03:20PM

Hey cyclopsale,

No worries mate, it's not your fault, and from what I have read your posts were just strong opinions and not personally insulting. Those strongly voiced opinions will be tempered by age, I am sure, and phrased in more congenial ways in the future. After all, one of the objects of dialogue is to engage another person in an exchange of ideas, and make them receptive to different points of views, something that is not achievable if they feel too much verbal pressure or uncomfortable. I think you have good intentions though, and good common sense. Best wishes on your raw food path, and your further education.

Cheers,
J

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 26, 2008 03:24PM

Jose, my posts are being deleted right now !!

Date: September 26, 2008 03:29PM

I've seen the last couple of them, maybe some kind of computer glitch?

Cheers,
J

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 26, 2008 03:36PM

Yes, they're back, but I swear they were being deleted right after I posted my last post on "Cyclopsale Deserves an Apology."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables