Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Terms Of Service
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 30, 2008 04:46AM

we all agreed to this when we joined these boards .. and some of us probably have never read it or noticed it so im just gonnna go head an post it ...

come on folks lets all get along smiling smiley Please .. please .. please if not for yourselves ... then for the anonymous people that come here and read things and see whats going on and make judgements without really getting to know all you FABULOUS people =D

Living and Raw Food Boards Policy

These boards are provided as a public service, courtesy of LIVING-FOODS.COM. Please post and reply to queries related only to the vegan/vegetarian living food lifestyle. LIVING-FOODS.COM, the webmaster and the designated board moderators take no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the comments made herein. By using this board, you agree to our disclaimer. We expect everyone to be kind and respectful to other posters.

Not Permitted on the boards:

* Foul language
* Rude, offensive, insulting or vulgar posts.
* Anything for sale or give away
* Asking for, or giving medical advice, or
* Requests for contributions
* Off topic posts, or posts not deemed proper for the category they are placed
* Slander of individuals or Organizations
* Advertisments of products, services or advertising of other web sites

All offensive and inappropriate posts will be deleted. Offenders will be banned from posting. Serious offenders will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

The spirit of the Living & Raw Foods Community discussion forums is to support fellow vegan living foods health enthusiasts on their path to higher health and quality of life. This site is a privately owned, free site which is paid for by the Webmaster, and assisted by members. Please see the Members section of this site for membership information and benefits. The intent here is support and educate one another with:

• compassion
• kindness
• respect
• patience
• competance

Let's be mindful that:

1. Some people here are totally new to the living food diet concept and first impressions weigh heavily.

2. Some people here are in the process of healing and they are very sensitive, and it is inappropriate to try to "fix" their health problem with therapies or without their permission.

3. If you have no formal training as a health coach it is inappropriate to try to offer healing advice to people with illness (especially if you have limited information about the person's condition), except to relate first hand experience and recommend books, articles on this site and elsewhere, and health professionals. Refer people to the Resources/Practitioners page in this site for professional health & nutrition help.

4. If you are ill and seeking healing advice it is generally best to get advice and coaching services from a trained health professional -- there are a few such participants in this open forum, however this is not a healing guidance forum -- we recommend working with a professional health coach or hygienic or naturopathic doctor. Refer people to the Resources/Practitioners page in this site for professional health & nutrition help.

5. Everyone wants to be treated kindly. Do not fight here-- you are only fighting with yourself.

6. Our expression (the words we type) has a vibration which effects our own health in profound ways,

7. Becoming a "raw fooder" is a personal and unique journey and an emotionally sensitive process, and it's best if it unfolds at a gentle pace.

8. Pushing, judging and venting on fellow health enthusiasts is harmful to everyone here.

9. The eyes of the world are watching us -- we can choose to mirror the chaos of society, or we can choose to be co-creators of an exemplary community of health and compassion minded people. Let's choose to follow our hearts and give our selves and our community fellows the best.

10. If you are a new comer, please check the FAQ for answers to all the frequently asked questions before posting a message here.

Thank you for your cooperation.
The Living-Foods Team

BY REGISTERING AT THIS SITE TO USE THE BOARDS, I AGREE TO THE ABOVE POLICY, and ACKNOWLEDGE that my ability to use the boards may be terminated without warning for any reason.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 04:48AM by Jgunn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Terms Of Service
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: September 30, 2008 08:55PM

Jgunn,

Thanks for posting the policy.

--------------------------------------

I am happy to say I have never, nor have I ever been accused of, not adhering to any one of those policies.

It has been proven that the moderator has continually allowed the blatant disregard of one of these policies. Also the moderator has, himself, perpetuated the disregard of another one of those policies.

Those two policies are:

* Rude, offensive, insulting or vulgar posts.

(Two members were allowed to be rude and disrespectful to other members and not only did the moderator ignore this but blew off well documented complaints)

* Slander of individuals or Organizations

(In the case of slander the moderator was advised that cyclopsale's posts were disrespectful and the moderator publicly reprimanded him for it. Since then the moderator has admitted this mistake and offered helpful advice on better communication. Unfortunately slander had already been committed by the moderator, but no one is perfect). smiling smiley

Also the policy states,"All offensive and inappropriate posts will be deleted. Offenders will be banned from posting. Serious offenders will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law." In actuality the policy has been to delete entire threads if as few as one person is being disrespectful. Either the written policy or the actual policy should be changed.

I have always been respectful and thoughtful in my posts, especially my recent ones. I hope they are helpful to someone. I have to say again these issues are not personal and they have been proven. We should all stand up for what we think is right, no matter how unpopular. I am hoping to get past this so I can continue to post here knowing that my time (and yours) will be respected. I feel like this is being drawn out by the moderator continuing to attempt to divert attention by focusing his posts to me and others on philosophy and feelings rather than the true issues
, going as far as to Insinuate that one complainer was paranoid.

I would like to know what the policy of deleting posts/threads is since it has changed from the original one agreed upon by us. Also I would like to know why some negative posters are allowed to go with out reprimand while non-negative posters are publicly reprimanded and/or are punished by having their hours of work deleted.

I believe Bryan and I have both been very respectful in our posts and I am sorry if some of you don't find the issue important. It is my hope you do not project those feeling on to me, as I do find it very important.

Peace,
kise'

Re: Terms Of Service
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 30, 2008 09:35PM

i do find the issue important and make every attempt not to project negative energy onto anyone

i cant speak for anyone else i was just posting the rules smiling smiley

i hope you and everyone else can get past it as well smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 09:36PM by Jgunn.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables