Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Garlic flavoured...baby?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 07, 2008 02:14AM

so i have this little trick to keep the kids sniffle free when da bugz are going around, ya know? i slice a piece of garlic really thin and stick slices to the bottoms of their feet with bandaids under a pair of socks at night. within an hour or so they have garlicy breath (hee hee hee) but they stay super healthy so there you go.
well today we spent time with friends who have sore throats so i did my little trick on the kids but whoo whee! that baby of mine is stinking up the whole bed with her funky garlicy smell, oh boy. i don't know how i'm going to get to sleep without thinking about pasta and pizza and garlic bread all night. should make for interesting dreams eh?

she looks so cute passed out with her little white socks on her feet. adorable! even though she's stinky, ha.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Garlic flavoured...baby?
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 07, 2008 02:46AM

ha ha ha! great, coco! --- Pizza Baby!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 07, 2008 05:54AM

omg coco how on earth did you come up with this trick grinning smiley

that is great !!

not to mention keeps the vampires away smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 07, 2008 09:03AM

hey coco

uhh.. just curious

how is sticking garlic to the bottom of her feet
make her breathe smell like garlic
since it was just a teensy thin slice

r u saying that the juice of it infused into her pores, bloodstream etc. then into her breathe?

i'm fascinated

i heard that if u rub lavender drops with lotion to bottom of a baby's foot, they will stop crying

but i'm wondering how the garlic on bottom of foot works

if a guy's breathe stinks

can i duct tape some parsley to the bottom of his foot?

LOL smiling smiley

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: October 07, 2008 02:55PM

coco

Interesting indeed!!..

I wonder if this technique will prevent her first two teeth from being extra long??..You know, like FANGS!!!!..LOL..

Bruce

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: October 07, 2008 06:09PM

Sounds delish!!

Date: October 07, 2008 06:30PM

hee hee hee! ver, the soles of your feet are so full of blood vessels, they just absorb that garlic right up! they both feel great today, me too!

Date: October 07, 2008 06:36PM

Glad yours are well. Mine are having cold symptoms. The little one's nose is even runny sad smiley. I am going to try the garlic trick tonight. Thanks. It doesn't slow them down though.

Lately they have been fighting off viruses within about three hours. I love how strong they have gotten.

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: October 07, 2008 09:08PM

I wonder if it works for adults too?

Date: October 07, 2008 11:01PM

of course! i just eat the garlic though. why not?

pakd4fun will they like ginger tea? that's my sure-fire when the icks are going around. just grate it into a cup of hot water, sweeten and add lemon if desired.
i keep ginger fresh for a long time by sticking the root into the freezer, it grates up very well from frozen too. you can juice it with apple if you don't love the tea, gently warming the juice is so nice on when it's frosty out and you're feeling it. i love ginger. oh, and garlic too, of course!

Date: October 07, 2008 11:09PM

They might drink ginger tea. I keep mine in the freezer too. What a great idea that is. Is ginger good for cold symptoms? I am sure he could use it for his tummy right now anyway. He said it was bothering him earlier.

He got a low grade fever and fell asleep. Now he is cracking up over "Snow White" (who he wants to be for Halloween) and says he is better.

Date: October 07, 2008 11:15PM

he wants to be snow white, how cool is that?!

yes, ginger for colds. just a quick google: "Chinese healers have been using ginger for colds for thousands of years. One theory is that it helps you "sweat" out the cold germs. Researchers have found in test tube studies that some chemicals in ginger have activity against some cold viruses."
it seems to work well for me!

i'm going as raggedy anne this year, i have a great costume i made. little wants to be a skeleton so we borrowed a costume, no sewing needed there! i have a really cute tiger suit for the girl, very warm and my favourite colour, Orange!

we trick or treat and go to a party at the legion, then the little man leaves his candy out in a bowl for the "great pumpkin" to trade it all for a special toy. cool eh? did i tell you that before? anyhow, no candy after a piece or two the night of, no struggle, no fuss. i feel pretty lucky that he loves toys so much more than junk food!

Date: October 08, 2008 03:42AM

Well, the little one is all garlicked up with his little socks on. He was happy to drink the ginger tea (thanks for the info).

I can totally picture you as raggedy anne. We will have to share pics.

Snow White for him, native american for little middle and the oldest wants to be a punky type bee with leggings and a mini skirt, it is so eighties it cracks me up. I don't know what I am going to be yet. Usually the whole town goes to the sports complex for trunk or treat. We send the candy to work with Daddy. I remember your trade idea from last year. I think that we will do that too. I wish I had three little monsters like you made with the pretty sweater. They will feel much better about giving that candy away if they get something cool for it.

Date: October 08, 2008 04:50AM

bee i made many years ago
[flickr.com]

all three of these i made that year including my wig, stockings, and little mini-me. wonderwoman was pregnant and barely fit into her gear by the time her party rolled around! ha ha ha!
[flickr.com]

little man as a fly, i don't know why i don't have any good shots of his whole costume, darn it! the head gear is built up on a baseball cap so his face is uncovered. he wanted to be this and it was so fun to make, i had a blast.
[flickr.com]

i don't know what to make him this year to exchange his candy for but sometimes i buy something that i know he wants, that works great too.
i can't wait to get dressed up and go out! the house is decorated for fall already, i'll have to post pics soon.

Date: October 08, 2008 01:13PM

Those are so great. The fly head is very impressive. Little middle talks about being a mermaid. That would be a fun one to make, I think.

We decorated this week. Fall is so fun!!! It is actually really cool this morning. Yeah!

I hope the little one is better. He is still sleeping. We have to go to Lake Charles for music lessons soon so I hope all the home remedies did the trick.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 09, 2008 02:55PM

That fly head is fantastic!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables