Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

howdy to the gardeners.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 21, 2008 02:59PM

hey, i want to plant my mums in the yard and the gardening centre guy recommended bone meal (umm, no. i don't think i'll be doing that!). is there something else that i can use that's easy to get at most gardening centres? thanks a bunch!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: howdy to the gardeners.
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 21, 2008 03:03PM

Organic loam? Our organic public garden just uses organic loan + compost, and it seems to do the trick.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: October 21, 2008 10:25PM

Most bone meal formulations have approximately 3% Nitrogen 6-15% Phosphorus 0% Potassium content..When planting mums & bulbs in the fall you are trying to encourage root growth so as to establish the plant & give it the best possible chance of surviving the winter months..Any high-quality compost made with vegetation in the proper proportions of green to brown matter should have the nitrogen you need..Supplement the compost with some rock phosphate for a slow-release form of phosphorus, greensand for a slow-release form of potassium, & ground limestone if the pH is too low..If you really want to give the mum its best chance to survive winter, cut off ALL the flowers so the plant's energy will go into establishing itself & not in maintaining the flowers (which are going to try to produce seed)..Then, next year you can enjoy the flowers!!..

Bruce

Date: October 21, 2008 10:57PM

if only i were properly composting instead of only sticking "green" matter in that bin. oh well.

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: October 21, 2008 11:13PM

Peaceful Valley Farm & Garden supply has small quantities of all the items I mentioned for sale..

[www.groworganic.com]

Bruce

Date: October 22, 2008 02:26AM

thanks doll. i might just stick them into the ground at my mama's cottage though, i can't order any more things online or my credit card will burst into flames! this is the season of the beast for me, many many crafting supplies for xmas gifts are on their way to me...
i do have a neighbour out there who is gardeny, betcha she could give me a hand and might even have some stuff for me to use too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables