Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

guys, i think i'm checking out for a while
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 22, 2008 02:25PM

i'm disconnecting the internet mid november so it would only be a drive-by fruiting from me now and then anyhow but there's something else.
i am cold. i forgot what ontario winters were like and frankly, it's unbearably frosty already. i'm going to make some lentil veggie soup and then i'm going to bake some whole wheat nut and fruit loaf or maybe pumpkin bread for the kids and i. i can't bear the thought of another cold smoothie for breakfast or a salad or a plate of raw fruit and veg. i'm really, truly, cold down to my bones and all the ginger tea in the world isn't going to cut it i'm afraid.
i think i will reserve raw eating for the not-so-freezing months. it's so easy and natural then and right now it's a struggle which i just don't like. i know it's hard for lots of people to switch back and forth but it's easy for me. in summer i can happily survive on fruit and fresh produce, we live in the fruit belt of southern ontario after all! but now, not so much. and my aim has always been excellent health, not the perfection i pursued when i first started with raw. this is a choice i feel pretty good about.

and so, out of respect for your raw journey, i'll only be stopping by now and then to check out the interesting bits in here and to ask any nutritional questions i might have. you can keep up with me via my flickr account if you like, i might start posting pics of the kids and i there anyhow so you can see us in all our joy family glory winking smiley.

peace and love to you all, squishy hugs and kisses! Joy.

[flickr.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: guys, i think i'm checking out for a while
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 22, 2008 04:05PM

coco--
I'll really, really miss you! I always look forward to your warm, insightful and informative posts. I totally understand your decision-- I have a tough time sticking to raw in the winter myself sometimes. Stay warm, Coco, and come back to us in the Spring!!

Love,

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: October 23, 2008 06:14AM

Good luck coco!!! Come back soon!

Posted by: zella ()
Date: October 23, 2008 05:30PM

Cold smoothies make me feel cold too. But I know I would still be cold even if I ate cooked food. It's just a temporary fix. I am cold because of my poor circulation and raw foods are going to help my circulation better than cooked.

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: October 23, 2008 07:05PM

It is getting freaking cold around here in Ontario... but I haven't really decided how my diet will be factoring into that, at this point.

"I saw it! It was a run by fruiting!"

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: October 23, 2008 09:20PM

Good luck

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: October 23, 2008 09:52PM

I haven't had the time to post much lately but I saw you were leaving for a while and I had to say 'see ya later!'

I am sitting here in S. Louisiana freezing. I can't even imagine how cold you must be up there. You do what you gotta do and I, for one, will be awaiting your return.

Take care of yourself and those babies.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 24, 2008 12:30AM

see ya in the spring coco !! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: October 24, 2008 01:12AM

Good for you that you obey your body's messages, and your instincts. I do, also. Winter = lotsa cooked. Summer - mostly raw. Spring + Fall - as necessary.

And raw when it's indicated regardless of season!

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: October 24, 2008 02:34AM

Could I shedule a drive-by fruiting with mangos, please :-)

coco - you will be missed.

Date: October 24, 2008 01:49PM

you guys are the best!

this is just a drive by fruiting!!!

mangoes and some info re the Kanteens i just ordered. grr... i'm making a post now.

chowder for nowder!

x's and o's.

ps i put up about a Million pics of the kids in that flickr account. i didn't know i even Had so many pictures in this computer, wow!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: October 24, 2008 03:31PM

I miss Coco already.

Date: October 24, 2008 03:36PM

Me too. Maybe she'll pop in around Christmas and show us some more pics of her kids and her amazing crafts.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 24, 2008 09:18PM

drive by fruiting

ha ha ha !!

THAT sounds like

F
U
N
!!!!!!

i'm gonna tell on coco just like TL is going to

"Officer, i SAW her doing it"

now hand me over some nice apples mangoes and peaches

yummmmmmmm

Posted by: cyclopsale ()
Date: October 25, 2008 01:48AM

As winter comes, we withdraw into another life. Your own life. A life of your own. Those you knew in early months will miss you, but once the calender rolls back around, a new beginning reachs both you and those you have known. You are both now new people, with new experiences and lives. Let spring come once again, so that life can begin anew. Ah the sunshine lasts all year round!
I will miss your antithesis. lol

Date: October 25, 2008 04:22AM

cy--

(Here I go, off-topic again.) :-p

You're great at expressing yourself; I really like what you just shared about withdrawing into winter. I feel like I do that quite a bit-- go inward as winter approaches, introspect more and hibernate in almost every sense of the word. Then in the spring... boingggggggggg!!, I pop out again, ready to interact with the sun and people.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables