Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Nanotechnology – the new threat to food
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 01, 2008 05:41PM

[globalresearch.ca]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2008 05:44PM by Lois.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nanotechnology – the new threat to food
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 01, 2008 05:57PM

thanks very much for the article Lois .. i have a friend down the street that is really knowlegeable about this nano stuff ..i printed the article out for him as well

scary indeed it is ... id like to know what are the foods that are already using this technology ... yikes !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 01, 2008 06:07PM

Yes, I've been reading about Nanotechnology in Food for quite a while now. I can post more links to other information if you want to send it to him.

Nanotechnology scares me more than Politics -- hehe

Some people think Morgellon's came from nanotechnology.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: November 01, 2008 06:08PM

Thank, Lois! Makes me want to research it -- and keep that garden going!

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: November 01, 2008 07:36PM

Nanotechnology can also reduce silver down to smll enough particles to kill the AIDs virus!
[www.freemarketnews.com]
SILVER KILLS VIRUSES, STUDY FINDS
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - FreeMarketNews.com

In a groundbreaking study, the Journal of Nanotechnology has published a study that found silver nanoparticles kills HIV-1 and is likely to kill virtually any other virus. The study, which was conducted by the University of Texas and Mexico University, is the first medical study to ever explore the benefits of silver nanoparticles, according to Physorg.

During the study, researchers used three different methods of limiting the size of the silver nanoparticles by using capping agents. The capping agents were foamy carbon, poly (PVP), and bovine serum albumin (BSA). The particles ranged in size from 1 to 10 nanometers depending on the method of capping. After incubating the HIV-1 virus at 37 C, the silver particles killed 100% of the virus within 3 hours for all three methods. The scientists believe that the silver particles bonded through glycoprotein knobs on the virus with spacing of about 22 nanometers in length.

While further research is needed, researchers are optimistic that nanological silver may be the silver bullet to kill viruses. The researchers in the study said that they had already begin experiments using silver nanoparticles to kill what is known as the super bug (Methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus). Already used as a topical antibiotic in the medical industry, silver may now come under consideration as an alternative to drugs when it comes to fighting previously untreatable viruses such as the Tamiflu resistant avian flu.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: November 02, 2008 08:36PM

Thank you Lois for sounding the alarm!

Sorry, but I feel I just have to ask:

Do you think Nanotechnology in Food should be regulated? Restricted? Illegal?

Or do you agree with Libertarian free market environmentalists, like Dr. Walter Block, who believe a "free market" is sufficient for keeping genetically modified food genes safe for consumption, and isolated from contaminationing our ecosystem?

If you agree with Dr. Block, why worry?

Maybe Monsanto, Dow, et al are actually responsible stewards of the environment. After all, nothing like a healthy consumer market....so who would know better than Monsanto about healthy food?! Maybe nanotech/biotech food is actually good for us!

Or maybe....just maybe....a little regulation here and there might be a good thing.
?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2008 08:49PM by suncloud.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: November 03, 2008 03:04PM

Yeah. I met and talked to Percy Schmeiser about GE & Monsanto a few years back. Believe me, he wishes it were that easy!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: November 03, 2008 10:55PM

I never heard of Percy Schmeiser before, so I looked him up. Great story about this Canadian farmer who was sued by Monsanto!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables