Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Some Spiritual Teachings from Mozumdar.org
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 03, 2008 12:47AM

Mozumdar was a very interesting sage from India who came to America and taught a very practical yet mystical metaphysical philosophy. I just discovered the website a couple weeks ago, and thought I'd share a few of his quotes:

"So when you speak to your God – the All-Pervading Creative Life – imagine that He can hear and understand you like a person. It will bring your mind quickly in tune with the Universal Superconscious Principle. This Superconscious Principle is in you and about you. In other words, It is All-Pervading and Omnipresent. When you say that the Superconscious is in you, you really mean that It is in your mind, or consciousness."

,..your body may be affected by a negative condition, but you as the Power back of your mind and body, are never affected.

As there is but one God, so there is but one safe road that leads all men Godward. It is the road of renunciation of human personality through self-surrender; it is the road where man drops his burden of cares and worries and feels free to move forward.

Do you not drop your burden when it becomes too heavy for you to carry? Why then can you not drop your mental burden? You say it is difficult, I agree with you. But when you say, who else will carry my burden if I do not do it myself, here I disagree with you. Something that has carried you this far out of the Womb of Eternity, will also carry your burden. Simply ask It to do it for you, believe,
and It will do it for you. This Something is intimately bound up with your mind and body-- It is yourvery Life. When you are conscious of It and depend upon It, you let go of the shadow and hold onto the Substance. Then you realize why a Son of God once said, "COME UNTO ME ALL YE THAT LABOR AND ARE HEAVY LADEN, AND I WILL GIVE YOU REST... FOR MY YOKE IS EASY AND MY BURDEN IS LIGHT." Whatever means
and methods we adopt to inherit the Kingdom of God, become our Lord and master.

If we depend upon a certain food, drink or ritual for spirituality, sooner or later it controls our thought habit. Gradually it becomes our burden and task master by creating an obsession. If we believe in God, Who has manifested us, and let Him lead us to that sublime spiritual height to which we all aspire, we will have no burden to bear.

[My] Message states that you need not search after God any more and adopt tedious methods andpractices to contact and realize Him. The moment you turn your mind to the Power back of your mindand body, you contact your God. You usually limit this Power as your little, personal self. And yet, when you accept It in a universal significance, It becomes All-inclusive All. As human beings, we are the human manifestations of this Power. Therefore, it gives us the prerogative to personify It, becausewe are Its personfied manifestations. When we converse with It in a personal significance, we simply converse with our All-inclusive Self.

As the great Master discarded all speculative philosophies and emphasized the Divine expression of human existence, so we are trying to do likewise ...our human existence here has a definite purpose and that
purpose once existed in the Inherent Pattern of the Creative Prindiple. That purpose is intimiately bound up with our today's living and tomorrow's hopes and aspirations. There is no need of our hurrying and worrying to escape the reality of our human existence. There is no need of rushing to lose our identities
in the Might Ocean of Consciousness.

While Mozumdar's teaching is popular, it has unusual historic significance, for it shows us what happens when a thinker immersed in Hindu lore completely accepts a world-affirming position. What happens is an identification of the Hindu conception of a divine universal Self with the Hebrew conception of a divine
creative Power. To Mozumdar the ultimate God is not uncreative Bliss, as in the view of Sankara, but creative Power, as in the Hebrew tradition. Yet this creative Power, he declares, is the same as the universal Self. Here the universal Self, we should note, is not a finite Ideal, as in Greek philosophy,
but the infinite Substance of the world.

When God's creative thought does not flow through our mind, we become overanxious and thereby insulate our mind. ....Since GOd is the All-Pervading, Eernal Existence, in accordance with our concept of space all positive thoughts must also be all-pervading and eternal. They must be all about us and in us. Now, be still, and see what kind of thought is passing through your mind. if it is negative, then by the help of imagination realize that God's positive thoughts are all about you and in you, and that they are passing through you. it is still better, if you can, toimagine that you are absorbing them. This will open your mind and make it a conductor for the divine flow of thoughts.

One evening I realized that I had not taken my daily constitutional, and with this thought came the belief that therefore I should not feel quite as vigorous as usual. But on second thought I quickly discovered that the basis of that suggestion was my daily habit, to which I was attaching undue importance. With this realization I became consciousof the omnipresent positive thoughts that were all about me. I immediately began to feel the Power of God nourishing and sustaining me. In a very short time I felt vitalized. The rest of the evening I felt better and stronger than usual.

If you are too far down in consciousness to realize that you are forever up in God, then imagine that the great Light of God's truth is entering into you and dissipating your mental darkness, revealing the eternal happiness, joy, peace, and plenty of God's kingdom; or imagine that the Almight Spirit is lifting you to his kingdom beyond the deadline of your mental dakness, and that you can feel yourself go upward....

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Some Spiritual Teachings from Mozumdar.org
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 03, 2008 03:42AM

Very cool, Kwan! I'm gonna have to check out his teachings. Thanks!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 03, 2008 07:57PM

Yes, I love that Kwan! Thank you so much!

Date: December 04, 2008 12:24AM

Suncloud &
Sundancer
(my sunny ladies)--

Glad I posted it, then! His teachings resonate SO much with me!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 04, 2008 12:42AM

BTW, Sundancer, your inbox is full-- I got your lovely PM and tried to send you a message. :-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 04, 2008 01:25AM

Hey, Kwan -- try again; it's empty now.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: October 16, 2009 07:17AM

Kwan,
Was digging into the archives tonight and found this post.
Thanks.
I could sit and read this kind of material for hours.
And you know what?
It helps me feel so much better.

Have you ever heard of "Science of Mind"?
The writings of Ernest Holmes?

Vinny

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 16, 2009 12:08PM

GORGEOUSS

surrender
cast off ego

all is good

peace is ours

Date: October 16, 2009 02:01PM

Hi Vinny--
Yes, I know of Ernest Holmes. Used to read his stuff back in the '80s and got the Science of Mind magazine.

I like Mozumdar a lot better though, because he stressed that one should never live ostentatiously or acquire more than they need, which Holmes didn't. The history of Science of Mind is rife with a lot of very wealthy Hollywood personalities who seemed to subscribe heavily to the fallcy that wealth is the main measure of one's worth. Holmes' wife went to the Paris collections fashion shows to buy all of her clothes, and they hobnobbed with the super-rich. Despite much that is good in the teachings, somehow I have a great deal of trouble believing this Science of Mind is a restatement of the teachings of Jesus, who taught simplicity, humility and surrender to God's will, yet Holmes implied that he was teaching Bible principles.;-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: October 16, 2009 03:48PM

Very very interesting kwan.
Thank you for that perspective.
I must research more,because if that is true,then indeed the things you posted are more in line with my beliefs.

Vinny

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables