Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What inspires your creativity?
Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: December 11, 2008 04:47PM

What artists, writers, composers, poems, works of art, music, people etc. inspire you to be creative?

Things that inspire me: Nature, flowers, cats, smiles, frowns, my brother and sister, The works of: Georgia O'Keefe, Edward Weston, Ansel Adams, Leonardo da Vinci, and the desire to make people pause in life to just enjoy something.

How about you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What inspires your creativity?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 11, 2008 07:02PM

The outdoors, prayer, meditation, interpersonal relationships, and eclectic literature. smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 11, 2008 09:51PM

other people's creativity! and the kids of course, what imaginations they have!

Date: December 11, 2008 10:49PM

Hi COCO!!!!!

Are you guys keeping warm? Yeah, kids are great...my neighbors boy told me a story the other day about his toy truck...it was great, the enthusiasm, the gestures...makes you wish you never had to grow up. Of course, some would say that I never grew up anyway! :~)

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 12, 2008 01:42AM

Beautiful colors, rhythm & blues jams at local clubs; feeling the invisible Energy of the universe and letting it inspire me artistically and musically; trying out a new art medium!; window shopping at art stores; looking at other people's art and beadwork online; Kandinsky!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 12, 2008 01:53AM

enthusiasm like the ones you guys/gals have is infectious smiling smiley same from my local pals, i get my creativity from that smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: December 12, 2008 04:56AM

Nice... I love talking to people about what inspires them, especially when they go into detail and nuance about it. Kwan.. your post about rhythm in music is great, music is almost a universal mood enhancer if you allow for differing taste.

My own greatest inspiration is in fantasy carvings and sculpture, artistic stonework or wall carvings, zen gardens and things of beauty, exquisite structures, or the refined integration between nature and human habitation.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 12, 2008 05:05AM

Trees inspire me. Also the incredible generosity of my family and friends.

Date: December 12, 2008 05:34AM

Music, the written word, other people's actions, the awareness that something is better than another thing (makes me want to design it so it's even better than that)!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 12, 2008 08:08AM

sky

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 13, 2008 12:45AM

Plants and animals.

Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Hadyn, Mozart, Chopin, Schumann, Schubert, Rachmaninov, Prokofiev, Shostakovich, Schnittke, Liszt. Knowing that such perfection exists in the world is pretty inspiring.

Wanting to know why things are the way they are, knowing there's a gap in my knowledge and wanting to fill it. Wanting to know more about how our bodies work, how life in general works, how chemistry works.

Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: December 13, 2008 01:13AM

I get so much of my inspiration from my dreams

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 14, 2008 03:32PM

Nature, music, Miro, people.

Date: December 14, 2008 04:59PM

My creativity is inspired when I envision an object, or a painting,or a project ,in my mind,and want to see it materialize in the real world.
I have been inspired by painting recently....

Brian

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2008 05:10PM by Raw1228.

Posted by: Kit ()
Date: December 14, 2008 10:01PM

Anyone who can sing. How do they do it?
There are a couple things I'm fairly good at but singing just isn't on that little list.

Some people sing and my whole life, with all the stupid worries, stops for a moment because it is so pretty or so 'right on' and all good things seem possible.

Kit

Date: December 15, 2008 02:31AM

Great stuff everyone, you guys inspire me..Keep it coming!

Beautiful paintings Brian!

Now, I'm inspired!

My brother helped me put the studio back together for a photo shoot to make my Christmas gifts:

My cat decided that she wanted to be in the warmth of the lights.

I didn't take any pictures yet. This was a practice session to see if I can use the camera with my injured arm. We put the tripod on furniture glides so I can move it easily, but focusing is hard (focus knobs are the right side) so I ended up walking around the camera alot to use my left arm....very sloooooowwww and go! I can't work solo, and will end up being more of a "photo director" for the gifts, with my brother or sister doing the actual set up. I'll squeeze the bulb to expose the shot. It's good to have family around!

Date: December 15, 2008 03:20AM

Thanks swimmer.
Hey,thats a neat camera!
I bet it takes a great picture too,despite all these digital cameras these days.
Brian

Date: December 15, 2008 04:32AM

Thanks, Brian these things are sweet! I'm old school, and still love the process, but the quality photos are worth every minute of time.

There is not much comparison, both have their place. Digital point & shoot and the higher end DSLR cameras have effectively replaced 35mm & med. format film cameras. But there is no digital equivalent to the quality of an 8x10 piece of film, the movements of the film and lens planes on a large format view camera, or the beautiful German made lenses that can be used anywhere from f4 to f128 without aberrations. :~)

I know you're into astronomy, do you ever do any astrophotography?

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 15, 2008 04:41AM

This is great, guys! Yes, very beautiful paintings, Brian. Swimmer, just looking at your equipment and studio makes me feel creative!

I played again tonight at a blues and jazz jam -- I went to the same one last Sunday. Guys, I AM SO HAPPY! I haven't performed as much as I wanted to in recent years, but now suddenly I'm in a wonderful new band, doing gigs, going to sessions around town, recording, playing on local TV, getting lots of exposure, and meeting great new musician friends. I feel like I've stepped into a wonderful big lighted room and just discovered that life, despite all its apparent struggles is... (shhh, don't tell anybody)... a PARTY! ;-p

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 15, 2008 05:24AM

That's great kwan! I'm glad you're enjoying performing, and life, sounds like some great things are happening for you!

btw, I don't want to mislead you guys...my "studio" is really just 1/2 of my loft bedroom, but I live in a geodesic dome home, and this is a pretty darn creative place to be...

Date: December 15, 2008 05:31AM

swimmer,
I can imagine how great a hobby it is to take and develop pictures with that old camera,and with a plate that big,I bet the detail is nice,and can make for some great shots.
I would like to get into astro-photography ,but none of my scopes have an automated mount,so I cant take any long exposure photos.I have built two scopes...a 6" and 13" reflector,but they are on whats called a dobson mount,which are moved by hand .

Thanks kwan for your compliment.
I SOOO envy you to be able to perform in front of an audience like that!
I wanted to be a drummer years ago,but stage fright never allowed it to happen.
Maybe someday...................

This is a great thread.
Maybe we can have a special thread where we can share our hobbies.
But actually,we are doing that heresmiling smiley

Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2008 05:35AM by Raw1228.

Date: December 15, 2008 06:21PM

Brian,

Are your paintings water color?

You built both scopes? Sweet! 13" is huge! Must be some great views. Are you into planetary or deep sky viewing? My brother has a 30 year old Mead 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain. He piggyback mounted an older 4x5 monorail camera on the side of the tube. It's all on an equatorial mount. Movement is motorized, but tracking is manual through the scopes eyepiece. He's shot some great stuff, 2 hour exposures makes for a tough time tracking though.

The camera pictured above is actually only a few years old. It was custom buil by Ron Wisner, he is no longer in business, but you can still buy view cameras new. Most are smaller then that beast. It's 11x14 with about 55 inches of bellows! It will keep working for a bout 100 years or so if it's taken care of.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2008 06:29PM by swimmer.

Date: December 15, 2008 06:50PM

I think I posted this before...I took this a couple of years ago with that camera. I reduced it for here but it is an 8x10 negative, I like it printed at 16x20.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2008 06:51PM by swimmer.

Date: December 15, 2008 07:08PM

swimmer,
Yes,my paintings are acrylics on canvass board.
I did house portraits years ago and sold many.

I get some great views thru my scopes.I have seen many nebulas and galaxies,and can resolve details on the moon the size of a city block.Saturn is always a crowd pleaser too,with comments like"wow,that looks like a photograph".

Those Meade 8" scopes are great for astrophotography,especially with a motor mount.

Your photo of the flowers is cool.Looks like fireworks!
That bellows camera is so cool.

My 6" scope...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2008 07:10PM by Raw1228.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 19, 2008 01:49AM

omg yea those 3 flowers in the back do look like fireworks !! =D

brian can you take pics with those scopes ! darn that is so very cool smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: December 19, 2008 03:40AM

Jodi,
Nope.
Not with this kind of scope,due to the fact it wont track objects in the sky for long exposures.
Thanks for the "cool" compliment.

What do you channel your creativity into?

Brian

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables