Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ohio Co-op Raid
Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: December 11, 2008 04:59PM

Swat Team Raids Ohio Co-op, the heading of a thread posted on another forum.

These are some of the links mentioned in the above postings:

Local food cooperative searched by State, a newspaper article

More on the store raid

...the real war is being fought here...

Posts from mothering.com forum, a thread started by someone identifying themself as a member of the coop

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ohio Co-op Raid
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 11, 2008 07:18PM

I read the references. As of this date (December 11th, 2008) there has been no statement from the actual family....and the authorities deny any wrong-doing in this case.....saying it was a standard execution of a search warrant.

[www.cleveland.com]

-I think it would be wrong to accuse anyone of any wrongdoing until the family makes a statement and hires legal representation to file suit as needed.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: December 11, 2008 07:27PM

Hmm... I don't know Dave. You should try reading the blog link at the botom of Pistachio's post. It sounds like it was definately a heavy handed scare tactic thinly veiled as law inforcement to me.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 12, 2008 08:59AM

disgusting

but what's the whole story

lots of holes in it

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: December 12, 2008 10:17PM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> ...but what's the whole story
>
> lots of holes in it

I agree that there are more questions than answers at this time based on the information on hand, but enough presented that raised concerns not directly related to this incident.

In posts on other forums I've come across increasingly aggressive tactics being used against supplement businesses to the point that they were required to turn over customer information to government officials and allow them to perform detailed inspections of the establishment and any and all aspects of the business with the business owner bearing the cost of the expenses related to the inspections that would be incurred by the officials.

Comments about physical benefits natural products may have or that people say they may have benefitted from--not only supplements--but also those from plants such as fruits & vegetables are apparently being subjected to more scrutiny with the implication that these benefits are more from a medical perspective (think drugs). With issues such as codex, which have been covered on this forum from time to time; the economic downturn and job losses causing many to lose health benefits and no longer affording to buy medications as well as putting off conventional healthcare interventions while becoming more interested in less expensive natural approaches, it's not difficult to see others being affected like this family allegedly was somewhere down the road if the powers that be perceive a simple natural lifestyle to be an economic threat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables