Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Favourite things about the colder weather?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 11, 2008 09:49PM

i thought of two today.

i really like the changing of the leaves in the fall but oh so much more than that i absolutely adore the way fallen leaves "stain" the sidewalk leaving a shadowy image of themselves behind. that is so cool.

when it gets really cold and puddles freeze but there is only a thin sheet of ice on the top with nothing beneath and it crackles like glass when you step on it, ooh, i love that! i let the little big man step on most of the good stuff these days though. it's still fun to hear the crunchy crunch smiling smiley

ah, simple pleasures.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Favourite things about the colder weather?
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: December 11, 2008 10:42PM

We had SNOW this morning. I was three the last time I saw that much snow. It was enough to build real snowmen. The oldest got up at 4am and got her sibs up. They used the horse feed lid to sled down the six foot "hill" in the back yard.

I love how snugly, cozy and secure the cold weather makes me feel. I really can't describe it.

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: December 11, 2008 10:57PM

Favorite things about the colder weather?

Avoiding it! Sorry, but I'm a sun spoiled San Diego warm weather wimp!

NO seriously, I do miss the changing colors, and the dramatic skies of the approaching winter storms of the east coast. But the mild Southern CA. winters make things green and lush looking, winter and spring are prettiest times of year here.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 12, 2008 01:33AM

I love it when the snow freezes on tree branches; the way everything gets hushed and peaceful as soon as snow starts falling; the beauty of snow flakes blowing diagonally across my field of vision as I watch out the window on a cold winter night.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 12, 2008 08:11AM

feeling warm when it is cold
the warmth from fire
air is so fresh
sharp

energy is higher
but pale sort of too
cuz cold has a way of making things sink
instead of blustery warmth like summer
cold can splinter
but it can also make things in greater focus i think

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: December 12, 2008 01:37PM

Since I work outdoors most of the day... my favorite things about cold weather are gloves, insulated coats and warm socks. smiling smiley

Overall I would have to agree with coco about the thin layer of ice suspended over puddles. That is so much fun to play with and explore.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 13, 2008 12:40AM

I hate the cold. I live in Florida, and from about November-March, no matter how many layers I wear, I feel like an icicle with little needles sticking through me all over, I am constantly shivering until it gets warm again. Getting out of the shower or tub in the morning is the worst.

I could spare myself the misery by turning on the heat but I don't want to use the electricity or natural gas, good little environmentalista that I am.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 13, 2008 01:28AM

i like that i can call in snow days an not have to work tongue sticking out smiley

ok totally selfish but darn ima prayin for snow !!!

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: December 13, 2008 04:00AM

Snow.

Cold without snow just sucks.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 14, 2008 03:29PM

The beauty of the snow and the quiet just after a snowstorm. Also, the scent of winter and sitting in a sunny window.

Date: December 14, 2008 05:16PM

I wouldnt trade the seasons for anything,as I grew up in Pa.
Just love the smell of distant fireplaces on a snowy evening,the brilliant sun on the sparkling snow the day after that snowstorm,and Christmas with all its sights,smells,and being with family.

Brian

Posted by: Kit ()
Date: December 14, 2008 10:08PM

Hear Hear RocketShip, I second the gloves. I too work outdoors and gloves are so very important in frozen finger weather.

While I'm in the cold all day I like to keep dreaming of being in the tub with my fingers warmed and a candle at the corner of the tub... and I finally go home and make the dream come true.

I like breathing mist and feeling it on my face.

I like being in places that may be crowded in Summer but are vacant or nearly vacant in Winter. I can move around freely, I can do what I want.

Kit

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables