Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fear Of Nuts Creating Hysteria Of Epidemic Proportions
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 16, 2008 07:47PM

Fear Of Nuts Creating Hysteria Of Epidemic Proportions

Measures imposed to reduce exposure to nuts are often based on irrational fears of nut allergies and are becoming increasingly sensationalist, according to a doctor on bmj.com today.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fear Of Nuts Creating Hysteria Of Epidemic Proportions
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 16, 2008 11:37PM

I wonder what's causing all these allergies in the first place?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 17, 2008 05:42AM

probably the toxic chemicals they are spraying all over the place .. kinda makes ya wonder

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: December 17, 2008 05:44AM

It's the way they look at you I think.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 17, 2008 08:24PM

Some of the most dangerous organochloric pesticides are sprayed on nuts. Peanuts, for example, would be inedibly riddled with aflatoxin without these measures, but they still have the fungus in spite of these measures and these measures are really poisonous. I never knew anyone growing up who had so much as hay fever, and I'm 36. Makes you wonder . . .

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: December 17, 2008 11:07PM

I am 54 years old..

I cannot recall ANY person, adult or child, that was allergic to nuts while I was growing up..I am sure that in the 1950's, 1960's, and 1970's there must have been some people that were allergic to nuts..But, they were exceedingly rare..Same applies to milk allergies..There were more of these folks around in those days than were those allergic to nuts..But, again they were pretty rare..

It was not until the 1980's that the petrochemical industry really convinced the vast majority of American farmers to switch over from animal manures to petrochemical fertilizers..When the chemical fertilizers killed off the soil life in a farmer's fields, they then started to need the poisons designed to kill insects, molds, fungi, and diseases..Without soil life and humus to grow healthy crops with strong immune systems; the crops were increasingly attacked by the insects, diseases, molds, and fungi..Then, it was just another small step to using herbicides instead of mechanical methods of weed control..Lazy is as lazy does..

I too, believe that is is our contaminated food supply that has resulted in so many forms of allergies and diseases being so common today..Damned few people died of cancer when I was a child compared to the present..They died of other ailments and diseases, and at a relatively younger age; but not generally from cancer..

Clean up the food supply, and it is my belief that one hell-of-a-lot of these ailments would simply fade into insignificance..

Bruce

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 17, 2008 11:40PM

lol lightform ! ;P

i asked my mom what the elderly folks of our clan died of and she said mostly old age, lung issues from smoking (not cancer but emphasima etc), cirrosis from drinking or accidents

i think part of the problem with all this synthetic toxic crap being sprayed around and all over evreything is its lowering our immune systems to the point where simple intolerances that would be seen before are turning into full blow allergies

mah 2 cents smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2008 11:49PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 18, 2008 01:35AM

Yeah, I agree. My daughter is in one of the most polluted areas I know (Sacramento Valley metro pollution and petro farmland) and has had MYRIAD health problems over the past ten years or so, and I know in my gut that environment has a LOT to do with it,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables