Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
For those that believe in an afterlife
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 20, 2008 01:39AM

Why is it that the dead can't contact the living (or, in the case of reincarnation, why can't the recently-reborn-"dead" remember the living)?

Why has the system been set up so that the living cannot communicate with/benefit from their predecessors who could offer them so much? Not to mention the emotional devastation of having to lose parents, friends, lovers and worst-of-all children; never to see them again until you also die?

I haven't seen any religious/spiritual explanation of why this is the way things were set up before.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For those that believe in an afterlife
Posted by: Omega ()
Date: December 20, 2008 02:22AM

One can only perceive that which resonates with one's current vibration.

The higher one takes one's vibration (and raw foods are an EXCELLENT way of raising one's vibration), the more one is able to perceive.

This post by frances helps to explain this: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

To more directly answer your question, though: I believe the system IS set up just like in your question, however it is up to us to "tune" our brains to the right frequency (like a radio) to communicate with the spirit world. The vibration of the spirit world is love so we must match that frequency in our human bodies in order to communicate.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 20, 2008 02:26AM

>Why is it that the dead can't contact the living

Because they are no longer in contact mode, they are pushing up daisies.

>(or, in the case of reincarnation, why can't the recently-reborn-"dead" remember the living)?

Because there is no such thing as recycled consciousness, which is a part of the higher organization of the brain which breaks down on death, but much smaller components, namely molecules and atoms are definitely recycled.

>Why has the system been set up so that the living cannot communicate with/benefit from their predecessors who could offer them so much?

It isn't a system, but has been described more precisely as the "carbon cycle."

> haven't seen any religious/spiritual explanation of why this is the way things were set up before

People choose to believe in things that give them comfort. Proof or sense are not prerequisites.

Date: December 20, 2008 02:44AM

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2008 02:54AM by Omega.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: December 20, 2008 04:07AM

CB you need to get out more dude!

no explanations?

folks certainly make claims about being in contact with the dead all the time..i'm certainly not gonna bite and venture into defending THAT, but I do often feel that the second part: that the reincarnated - hence everyone - has some residue of a memory of past experiences and IS tied to individuals in this life due to karmic agreements.

I think from a spiritual standpoint..its kinda the wrong way of looking at it that our past lives have something to offer when one would argue that are current state is about - again - working out these karmic agreements and tasks we are meant to learn in this lifetime.

clearly something was not working in that past life that we still need to work out lol!

personally I don't know if my beliefs there is exists some kinda of 'heaven' where everyone reunites with their loved ones..if you take the idea that a soul is very old you are likely doing that all time time, and your current kin kinda lose relavence. But I don't really see how this devastation you speak of can be avoided?

and isn't insinuating that there is a system already buying in to the idea of a divine creator?

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: December 20, 2008 04:52AM

CB... This question opens one huge can of worms, the answer to which exists more as a readiness to allow what you believe is true to change, rather than any set of explainations or bodies of information.

My first question would be, are you asking it because you would genuinely like to know ?, or as a means to validate what you already feel by finding ways to disprove any subsequent suggested view points and experiences ?

If the former is true, then I would start by investigating the supernatural experiences written about in books by mediums, those that have had a NDE's etc, and the modern scientists who are exploring the field. If the later is true, then we will be wasting our breath by conveying our perspective on it. There is plenty of information available that explains it though.

Date: December 20, 2008 05:00AM

Near Death Experience - Lifted Up Into Perfect Body:

[www.youtube.com]

Near Death Experience - Doorway to Heaven:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 20, 2008 09:21AM

<<Why is it that the dead can't contact the living (or, in the case of reincarnation, why can't the recently-reborn-"dead" remember the living)?>>

Why is it that the sky is not blue?

depends on how u look at it

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 20, 2008 05:21PM

I was with my dad when he died, and the love that was felt was mind blowing. My brother felt it 70 miles away. I felt my dad's spirit for quite a while after he died. I also sensed death for about three months before he died. I also had a NDE when I was seven. Not much consciously remembered, but that love that permeated when my dad died was there. Incidentally, he wasn't an especially "good" person, but was spiritual.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: December 20, 2008 05:39PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two men died and went to heaven. God greeted them, and said "I'm sorry, gentlemen, but your mansions aren't ready yet. Until they are, I can send you back to Earth as whatever you want to be."

"Great!" said the first guy, "I want to be an eagle soaring above beautiful scenery!"

"No problem," replied God, and POOF! The guy was gone.

"And what do you want to be," God asked the other guy.

"I'd like to be one cool stud!" was the reply.

"Easy," replied God, and the other guy was gone.

After a few months, their mansions were finished, and God sent an angel to fetch them back. "You'll find them easily," he says, "One of them is soaring above the Grand Canyon, and the other one is on a snow tire somewhere in Detroit!"

Date: December 20, 2008 06:55PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!

riverrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 20, 2008 06:57PM

Sundancer, sorry about your loss. But it's good to read that you found something so positive in the experience.

I agree with those who say we sometimes/often have contact with loved ones who have passed away. Still, the question remains, why is that contact so limited?

I think maybe we're just not ready for anything else. One thing: whatever contact we do have - with the living AND the dead, we can appreciate it that much more.

Date: December 20, 2008 07:19PM

FUNNY!, Riverhouse!

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 20, 2008 09:38PM

Thanks, Suncloud. I think what you said makes a lot of sense.

Riverhouse -- LOL! ;D

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 20, 2008 10:01PM

I left my body once, and that experience forever closed the door on any sense that I'm just a body, because there I was, disembodied, 'flying' at high speed through a sort of tunnel and then ultimately finding this Self that was not my body (which was still in my apartment in Cambridge) soaring over what I suddenly 'knew' was Los Angeles. At this exact moment of recognition, the phone rang and I came back quickly into my body and answered the phone to discover it was my boyfriend calling me from L.A., where he was living for the winter. (He hadn't called in a few weeks.) I told him that I had just 'visited' him in L.A. and he said "Yeah, I felt it!"

I had a very paranormal experience with... er...my cat!... after she died. It's too long a story to rewrite, but it's on a thread somewhere on this board. The upshot was that I knew without a doubt that something of her consciousness survived and communicated with me after her death.

Of course these are not scientific proofs, but for me they're not necessary anyway; I've always felt a strong conviction of the continuity of consciousness before and after what we refer to as 'life.'

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: December 20, 2008 10:35PM

communitybuilder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I haven't seen any religious/spiritual explanation
> of why this is the way things were set up before.

Really?

There are many theories...

1. Because we are testing ourselves to see if we will fall into darkness in this life when are given no support or will we go back to god.

2. Because we are like space adventurers into more physical realms for us to balance which cuts us off a lot from our real selves.

3. We have a jealous and vengeful god that wants us to suffer and then when we reject him, throw us into hell.

4.Because God doesn't exist, spiritual worlds don't exist, only scientificly documented things exist.

Date: December 21, 2008 12:47AM

Thanks for sharing that Kwan. I think maybe you're somehow tuned in to psychic abilities that many of us are not so aware of in ourselves.

I recall your experience with the centipede. Definitely impressive!

Just once I had an experience that I think was some sort of vision or recollection of a past life. It happened at a highly unlikely time. I was sitting in our truck while my husband was driving. I was wide awake at the time, and my husband was just about to turn off the highway.

Suddenly I was a completely different person in a completely different place. I was a young Native American male, maybe 15, crouching on the ground with my head down. I could see my black hair hanging down onto my bare chest. I had some minor sickness, like maybe a cold. My uncle was a shaman, and he was chanting and shaking a rattle while he danced around me. We were outside, just the two of us, and the surrounding environment was flat and sandy, but a little bit green. The feeling I had was one of complete familiarity with what was happening - like this is my uncle, and this is what we do when I'm sick. I had feelings of love toward my uncle and the secure feeling of knowing that my uncle loved me. In other words, I WAS this person.

Then suddenly, it was over, and I was back in the truck again! My husband had just made the turn that he'd started when the vision began.

I can't recall ever having a dream where I was a different person. In a dream, I'm always myself, and only the circumstances around me are different.

Coincidentally (maybe), I was very seriously ill soon afterward, but recovered.

If my uncle of some past life protected me that day, then although I knew in my vision that his medicine was strong, I didn't know it was THAT strong!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2008 12:55AM by suncloud.

Date: December 21, 2008 03:54PM

Thanks for the responses all. I could question each in more depth but then I'd be here all day. grinning smiley

Date: December 21, 2008 03:57PM

Suncloud--

Accck!! I just re-read my post and I wish I could edit it. Somehow it doesn't come across as 'little ole' me.' My spiritual life hasn't been all that grand or glamorous, trust me! ;-p I've just had a few experiences along the way, just like probably everybody else on this board has; only I think I just blab more than others do, because I'm very open and forthcoming sometimes where others are more reserved. (They're the smart ones, lol.)

Anyway...... be that as it may, I do love where this thread is going, and your story about your experience with remembering another lifetime is amazing and very inspiring! It's very interesting and makes perfect sense to me that when you were ill afterward you felt that your uncle protected and healed you.

I've never had a vision of myself as another person, but I've dreamed that I was a tall, young black woman who was dressing in front of a mirror; and in another dream I was a short, freckled Irish girl with frizzy strawberry blond hair, who was also looking at herself in the dressing table mirror. (Interesting: even in a dream you have to look in the mirror to see yourself.)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 21, 2008 04:39PM

I just started reading a book yesterday, compliments of Kwan, and one of the first it mentions jumped out at me seeing as we are discussing it here. The answer this book gives to the question posed in this thread is this :

Man has been made as a self-conscious mental being. It is his nature or function to be conscious of a thing before it can come to exist to him. Naturally, as long as man does not become conscious of God's All-Pervading Presence or of His help, it does not exist to him.

I thought I would pass this on, because it lines up with my own discoveries and sounds right to me. As long as we can use the term "God", and "His", interchangably with any non physical parts of consciousness and "She / It".

Oh.. and also understand that alot of our consciousness exists as unconscious mind, something that exists in our thoughts and beliefs but is not in our present field of attention.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2008 04:42PM by Lightform.

Date: December 21, 2008 06:11PM

Lightform--

Thanks for posting this:

>Man has been made as a self-conscious mental being. It is his nature or function to be conscious of a thing before it can come to exist to him. Naturally, as long as man does not become conscious of God's All-Pervading Presence or of His help, it does not exist to him.<

I really didn't fully understand this concept correctly until I read Mozumdar. I feel that he has an amazing gift to illuminate some of the deepest principles of higher consciousness so that not only can we understand them, we can USE them to live more fully.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 21, 2008 07:14PM

communitybuilder,

Are you familiar with the strange case of Patience Worth? It's puzzled investigators for decades. Also, the history of Spiritualism, the religious movement that institutionalized regular communion with the dead, including one's family members. Sub-Saharan African tribespeople still do this, come to think of it.

As for my direct answer to your query: But of course the dead contact the living. And the reincarnated oughtn't to smiling smiley

Date: December 21, 2008 07:20PM

spirit world
its not where we go to AFTER
it is HERE

NOW

Some people say that " no one has ever come back to tell us what the afterlife is like".

Perhaps the more accurate reality is that " Most people are not bold or intrepid enough to admit that they are LIVING their AFTERLIFE"

If you believe in reincarnation, every life is essentially an "afterlife".

Also, if you think that you cannot communicate to loved ones after they die, perhaps another paradigm to consider is this:

Perhaps that loved one has also reincarnated or will reincarnate and you will joust with them again in another life.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 21, 2008 07:44PM

perhaps this IS the afterlife .. maybe we came here *from* something better and what we are doing now is shaping us up for our return to or foward to that something else

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: December 22, 2008 03:48AM

in that case, we are all living to talk about it

Date: December 22, 2008 03:48AM

instead of believing that no one has come back from the afterlife to talk about it

here
we

a
r
e

Date: December 22, 2008 04:25PM

This is getting spooky.
I expect to see Rod Serling come thru the door and telling me not to adjust my tv set.

Brian

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: December 23, 2008 03:20AM

When I was pregnant with my second child, my oldest, then 5, saw a ghost in our house. She asked, "Who's that man?" and went on to describe his appearance. He had blond hair, and an outfit she described that sounded like a civil war, Union soldier uniform. We didn't tell anyone. A few days later my husband's secretary said to him "I can feel a man around your family. I can see he has blond hair and is dressed like a civil war soldier." My daughter continued to see him, which became scary after she knew we couldn't see him. We could feel him and smell him. I had experiences with ghosts before, but this time there was no discounting what my daughter had seen. There are no doubts left in my mind.

We don't see what we tell ourselves isn't there.

Date: December 23, 2008 08:24AM

Amazing story pak.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: January 01, 2009 07:32PM

Maybe the dead cannot speak our language because they do not have a body.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables