Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
The Real Jesus: The Essene Jesus
Posted by: Omega ()
Date: December 25, 2008 04:14PM

From "The Essene Origins of Christianity" (1981) by E.B. Szekely:

=====================================================================================

Preface

Some two thousand years ago, in a remote corner of the Roman World now part of the Middle East, an event took place which transformed the whole history of our planet. In the entire history of western civilization there is nothing comparable in importance and influence to this single event.

In the titanic struggle between two colossi: the Roman World Empire, the strongest of all empires; and the incessant flood of Asiatic invaders, who brought the classical age to an end; a third force appeared which in the most mysterious way, with the most astonishing speed, overcame both the apparently invincible giants.

The new force--gradually to be known as Christianity--became the supreme political and military power throughout the western world, ruling over kings and emperors as well as over the masses. Wars, crusades, inquisitions, all proved the unlimited military power of organized Christianity.

Hundreds of thousands of books, pictorial, musical and archeological masterpieces, show the result of this dominating power over western culture. Religious, educational and social institutions over all the five continents of the world illustrate the lasting influence and importance of this highly organized religion.

Yet despite these achievements Christianity suffers from a great, even a fatal, weakness: the whole of its ethical and spiritual superstructure rests on a false historical foundation.

The material in this book is extremely radical and inexorably revolutionary. Its task is twofold. First: to prove to believers that this Christianity which they defend as the salvation of mankind has no foundation and, therefore, is not worth defending; and, on the other hand, to prove to the non-believers, who consider it as the source of all evils, that their fight against this same Christianity is similar to the fight of Don Quixote against the windmills, which he believed to be rival knights. In our contemporary world-arena, believers are defending a fictitious value--while non-believers are fighting a fictitious enemy. Secondly: to furnish all possible historical, geological, archeological, philological and exegetical proofs to the all-sided truth, in order to dispel one of the greatest deceptions in human history and thus end the quixotic fight of believers and non-believers, raging through century after century in all parts of the world.

And believers will certainly not enjoy being told, even though sine ira et studio--without anger or prejudice--that, as a part of western humanity, they have been the dupes of a small but ruthless and well-organized group of scribes and mystificators of antiquity. Difficile est satiram non scribere--it is difficult not to write satire.

In the long history of the world, the civilizations of Sumeria, Chaldea, Assyria, Egypt, Greece and the Roman Empire cover a period of from six to eight thousand years, while Christianity is not more than sixteen hundred years old and its victory not yet a thousand. The masses, the multitudes, have no history, least of all in the inaccessible sphere of faith. In fanaticism no less than in politics the multitude follows where it is led. Devoid of critical sense, and nearly always prompted by more or less atavistic sentiments, mundus vult decipi; ergo decipiatur--the world wants to be deceived; therefore, let it be deceived.

Fanatical and intolerant Christianity was to the Roman Empire and ancient civilization what the totalitarian (both right and left) of modern times are to democracy and individual rights of human beings. We find the same means and techniques of propaganda being employed. There is the same bigotry and violence, under the guise of justice and reform, resulting in social, economic and individual defeatism. There is the same mysticism which exploits man's atavistic instincts, as well as his urge for something better.

But, "What is Truth?" you may ask, like Pontius Pilate, in the canonical Gospel of John. History gives the answer together with the complete authentic reconstruction by Josephus Flavius, the great Roman historian, of the original purity, simplicity and harmony of the free creative life of the Essenes, first christian brotherhoods in Palestine, Syria and Egypt (who have no connection whatsoever with the subsequent organized church). They have given to humanity the greatest figures of antiquity, among whom is Jesus, the Essene, who is not identical with the fictitious crucified "Christ" of the invented ecclesiastical history.

To complete our investigation we may add testimonies by Philo, the Alexandrian philosopher, and Gaius Publius Plinius, the Roman natural scientist, on the life and teaching of the First Century Essenes. The Essenes represent the most unique brotherhod in the history of humanity, with their all-sided optimal synthesis of all the cultures of antiquity, as well as the total spectrum of all the natural and cosmic laws.

For those interested in the historical truth, and in the positive, constructive values taught by the real Jesus, the Essene Jesus, I suggest reading for further reference my following books: all the volumes of The Essene Gospel of Peace; Discovery of the Essene Gospel of Peace; Teachings of the Essenes, from Enoch to the Dead Sea Scrolls; The Essene Book of Creation; and The Essene Jesus.

Edmond Bordeaux Szekely

=====================================================================================

Online version of The Essene Gospel of Peace, Book 1 (with some typos unfortunately): [www.essene.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Jesus: The Essene Jesus
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 25, 2008 04:21PM

Omega!

Great post! As the Essenes and Gnostics might have said on another continent in another tongue: Namaste--the Divine in me recognizes the Divine in you. Happy Mithras's Birthday, everyone!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 25, 2008 04:33PM

Thanks, Omega! Happy rebirth of the Sun day to all!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: January 27, 2009 12:10AM

yes Jesus really rawked.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: January 27, 2009 01:03AM

Thank you Omega for the inspiring Szekely quote!

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>The Divine in me recognizes the Divine in
>you. Happy Mithra's Birthday, everyone!

Happy Mithra's Birthday to you too Tamukha!

I didn't know who anything about Mithra until now.

Once I heard a Native Hawaiian lady say that "aloha" means, "The God in me recognizes the God in you." This gave me a completely different perspective when saying "aloha" or hearing someone say "aloha" to me. "Ha" in "aloha" means breath, or the godgiven breath of life. It strikes me as curious that the meanings for "Namaste" and "Aloha" are the same.

Also, the meaning of "mana" in Hawaii is similar or even the same as the meaning of "prana". I've always thought that was interesting.

Date: January 27, 2009 06:25AM

God is not in you nor in me.

He is seperate how dare us compare our selves to God.

The child molester has God in him give me a break.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: January 27, 2009 10:20AM

Didn't mean to offend you globalresult. I understand that Namaste and Aloha are not the usual Christian greetings, for sure. But to me these greetings mean only just what Jesus taught. Please, let me explain.

When the pharisees asked Jesus when the kingdom of God should come, Jesus said:

(Luke 17:21) "...behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

Or, another way to perceive it is like John's 1st letter (1 John 4:16). John says, "...God is love; and he that dwelleth in love, dwelleth in God, and God in him."

So to me, Namaste and Aloha are greetings that recognize the kingdom of God within each of us.

Some of us, especially coming from another culture, might choose to greet the other person's Love with our Love, by saying "Namaste" or "Aloha". You see? It's really not the heresy that it might first appear to be.

But if you don't see it quite the same way, that's Ok with me. And I hope you will forgive me too. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2009 10:33AM by suncloud.

Date: January 28, 2009 06:19AM

No problem.

I just don't think God deserves to be put down and say such things as he is in us.

Last time I checked the guy who is having sex with a child in Asia right now doesn't have God in him I can tell you this.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: January 30, 2009 03:52PM

We want to be God in all the ways that are not the way of God,
in what we hope is indestructible or unmoving.
But God is fragile, a bare smear of pollen, that scatter of
yellow dust from the tree that tumbled over in a storm of grief
and planted itself again--Deena Metzger Prayers for a Thousand Years.

Date: January 30, 2009 05:36PM

God is the substance and essence of each and every one of us, but if we aren't conscious of this fact we will still act like flawed human beings.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 01, 2009 04:50PM

right, kwan! What Namaste means is what Aloha means and what the earliest Christians knew--we all have the Divine Source within us, but most of us remain oblivious to it, and succumb to varying degrees of evil. I believe that The Nazarene had an intuitive understanding of his inherent divinity as a child of the Creator, and that this is what distinguished him from even the most pious of his peers. He comprehended "Namaste" from birth, perhaps from conception. So may we all.

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: February 02, 2009 05:59AM

Omega Wrote:
> In our contemporary
> world-arena, believers are defending a fictitious
> value--while non-believers are fighting a
> fictitious enemy.

My conclusion as well.

Date: February 02, 2009 07:42AM

God is seperate from us at one time we where God like now we are not we will become again for those that have the courage to move forward and not worship the false idols.

Date: February 02, 2009 04:05PM

"Whatever is rejected from the self, apears in the world
as an event,"said Jung, if you disown a part of your personality, it'll
materialize as an unexpected detour.
Everyone who believes in the devil is the devil

Date: February 02, 2009 04:50PM

bill,

"Everyone who believes in the devil is the devil"

Wow! I LOVE that!

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: February 05, 2009 08:02PM

Well... I think that most people believe in love though ! So that has to be a good thing ?

Date: February 07, 2009 10:29PM

riverhousebill,

More nonesense so if one reads a paper and they mention child molester is that a reflection of oneself?

Give me a break.

Devils are here and will have no problems slitting your throat for a few dollars.

Don't believe go walk in some parts of the world and see how long you last.

Date: February 07, 2009 11:35PM

globalresult,

Get off the pedophile tip, already. It makes you seem like you're not even trying to comprehend the depths of riverhousebill's post. God.

Date: February 08, 2009 04:57AM

by: Kristy Ann Davis
Fallen angels with burned up wings
soft spoken lies and broken dreams.

the murdered princess her tearfull plea,
frozen beneath a placid sea.

the Kingdom of Heaven and the lies that were told,
all that glitters cant be gold.

Heavens above and H*** below
then were are we?not many do know.

Heaven rulled by the corrupt and unjust
if that is our 'God' than who can we trust?

Some believe in the lies,believing they must.
praising a monster of hatered and lust.

Praise and be loved,
Question and burn
pain and torment is all that youll earn.

you can bow to your 'God', not 'lowering' to my level.
while you fly with your angels i'll
Dance With The Devil

Date: February 08, 2009 09:30PM

Tamukha,

What you guys are talking about is airy fairy BS.

Please enlighten me on the deeper meaning if you have one.

Date: February 08, 2009 09:33PM

Tamukha,

What is the deeper meaning then?

Date: February 09, 2009 01:03AM

What you guys are talking about is airy fairy BS. Ok Globalinsult how about your
fairy airy demon the devil you talk of. are you eating meat whats up with your
nasty ass? I see you like to make pointless or rude insults, you have problems mabey
some time out Global.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2009 01:07AM by riverhousebill.

Date: February 09, 2009 01:43AM

globalresult,

Based on your comments, I assume your understanding of the philosophical and ethnological underpinnings of your own faith is rudimentary. Please stop insulting people and pick up a good theological history book(seminary libraries have them) and get educated about Christianity, son. If you're not on our level of knowledge, either achieve it through study or listen. False inquisitiveness isn't pretty; it suggests a closed mind. And I'm not going to hold your hand for this stuff--Google exists for a reason. Start with: Essenes, Thomasines, Gnostics, and go from there. Happy trails.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: February 09, 2009 03:04AM

Please excuse me for butting in -- Orthodox Christianity teaches there is a
real God and a real Devil; God being a complex trinitarian being we know as the
Father, Son and Holy Spirit; the Devil being just the Devil. Demons are real,
Jesus casts them out. Also that "God is love" (1 John), "God is Good"
(Ephesians). And the serpent (Devil) will be cast down (Rev). The devil is
down but not out;/

To me the more real and more personal God is the more real and personal the
Devil.

Where's "kratom" -- "i studied the GEOTIA it's a form of sacred magick dealing
with demons and angels .two whole year's of fasting and no sex living on a
moutain freezing my butt off..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2009 03:12AM by loeve.

Date: February 09, 2009 03:31AM

My riverhousbill,

I thought you where a enlightened one.

Doesn't look like it from your typing.

Have you been taking your medications?

Tamukha,

I am still awaiting for you to enlighten us on the deeper meaning.

Maybe others can learn from this as well.

Date: February 09, 2009 04:15PM

global,

For pity's sake, did you not read my post?! Google! GOOGLE! But just to get you started: everything you have been taught in mainstream "Christianity" about the tenets of your faith, yeah, even the whole cosmology, has no basis in the original faith of the followers of The Nazarene. That's right, kiddo, what you know as Christianity today is actually a corruption of a very simple humanist faith that contained very little dogma and no mumbo jumbo, or as you would say, airy fairy BS, like the biological divinity of Jesus, the conflation of Jesus and The Christ, and the virginity of Mary. Look this stuff up; it's astounding what Christians don't know about their own faith. Or, remain in your present understanding of things and accept strict but fallacious doctrine. You're a free person, do what you want. But stop calling those of us that already know what we're talking about out. It's not nice. Me, I like to get the straight facts before I decide I believe something. And thank goodness. To sum up: GOOGLE!!!

Date: February 09, 2009 04:43PM

Global,
It seems like lately you have been repeatedly picking fights with people on the board. It's getting old.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 09, 2009 05:20PM

Edmond Szekely suggests for those interested in the historical truth that one can read his books:

"For those interested in the historical truth, and in the positive, constructive values taught by the real Jesus, the Essene Jesus, I suggest reading for further reference my following books: all the volumes of The Essene Gospel of Peace; Discovery of the Essene Gospel of Peace; Teachings of the Essenes, from Enoch to the Dead Sea Scrolls; The Essene Book of Creation; and The Essene Jesus." ...Edmond Bordeaux Szekely

..didn't catch that at first, that he suggests the reading of his books. Cool.

Date: February 09, 2009 07:13PM

There is no God. God is dead. God is a drug for
people who aren't very smart. God is an Illuion
sold to dupes by money hungry religions. God is right-
right wing conspiracy. God is an infantile fantasy favored by
superstitious cowards who cant face life's existenial meaning less.
APRIL FOOLS! In fact, everyone who say's he knows what God is or
isn't, doesn't. Confess what you dont know about God.
Pronoia

Date: February 09, 2009 07:15PM

The spirit realm can be understood in so many ways. Here is what essene.org has to say about a "dark brotherhood"..

Speaking of the "Devil", I should inform you in regard to our beliefs about "Satan". Jesus, in our ancient Essene manuscripts, does not teach the existence of ONE EVIL COUNTERPART TO GOD; however, he does teach the existence of various demonic beings including a particular "fallen angel" called "Satan". So, there certainly is a "dark brotherhood"; there are demons and archdemons of various ranks and potencies; BUT NONE OF THESE DEMONS -- INCLUDING THE GRAND DRAGON SATAN -- are powerful enough to be considered a dualistic counterpart to God. They are simply lost souls in need of heavy-duty repentance.

[www.essene.org]

I've always thought of the Serpent, Satan, Dragon and Devil as the same being in different shapes and circumstances; maybe that's overly simplistic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2009 07:23PM by loeve.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables