Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Amazing facts on iodine
Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: December 28, 2008 07:16AM

Hey everyone... this presentation explains some stunning stuff about the importance of iodine in our health. You will have to turn the volume up quite alot as it too quite to hear at normal levels.

[video.google.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Amazing facts on iodine
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 28, 2008 07:18PM

Lightform,

1,000 Thank Yous for posting this! I could not have viewed this at a better time. Everyone should take the time out of their busy schedules to watch Dr. Brownstein's lecture; I know of people who've benefitted tremendously from his care. Again, thank you.

Posted by: Jose ()
Date: December 28, 2008 11:11PM

Thanks bud, it was very interesting to learn about the extent of bromide spraying on fruits and vegetables, which competes with iodine for absorption in the body, and aggravates the iodine deficiency problem. Lots of other interesting parts too.

Cheers,
J

Date: January 17, 2009 01:38AM

This is a must read for everyone. smiling smiley
Truely profound information on iodine and our deficiencies in it, especially in regard to heavy metal toxicity and detoxing, which apparently everyone is afflicted with now days.

[curezone.com]

Date: January 17, 2009 04:02PM

Lightform,

This seems like an exhaustively detailed site for one-stop-iodine-info shopping--Thanks so much for finding it and posting the link!

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: January 27, 2009 06:26AM

OK go to the local pharmacy and buy this stuff you will see it has the word "poison" on it.

Date: January 27, 2009 02:27PM

[www.curezone.com]

Ok.. it is 2 am in the morning here, and I just got up because I wasn't feeling that tired, and I have been experiencing some amazing things using Iodine YES IODINE global.

Now, the history that you may be interested to know, is that I have been on organic raw food for about 20 months or so, with the prior several years beomg on high raw with juices, and the last 6 months or so on nothing but fruit and veges. Very low fat, no salt, no spices, no condiments etc, although I have made exceptions periodically eating some cooked veges with occasional condiments. So the last 6 months have been very pure.

So I learned a little about Iodine treatment, and have come to understand that it ISN'T toxic to us, as the medical profession have been indoctrinated to premote, and is actually just the opposit. I started a regime about 3 weeks ago taking around 10 - 15 mg a day ( NOT RECCOMENDED BY YOUR DOCTOR ). The first thing that happened is I got sick, yep, I had flu like simptoms. I developed a very slight sore throat, but mucus started pooring out of me, and I got very fatigued.

I was half way thinking that I was just sick, even though I haven't been sick in a good 3 years since going raw. The next thing I noticed was that I seemed to be getting real "dumb" ( lack of focus, inability to hold thoughts, exteme introverted behaviour etc ). Then one morning at around 3 am I was thinking about some stuff I had been reading that talked about thyroid malfunction, and how a bunch of the symptoms I was experiencing happened to line up with hypothyroidism.

What I had heard ( from clinical studies ) is that Iodine is a critical element in the thyroid function, and that almost everyone is deficient in it. I had also read and heard that our bodies can handle WAY more of it in its seperate form than what we are lead to believe. So I decided it was worth a shot, and got up and went and had a dose of it, about 15 mgs. Oh.. this was after taking a break from it for about 4 - 6 days on suspicion that it was making me sick.

Wham !!! Instant effect. I went back to bed, and about 5 to 10 minuites later I started experiencing "symptoms". The first thing that happened was that I started having adrenaline rushes. This was scary ! What made it worse, is that I my mind went into over drive on all the bad things that may be possible, and overdose was high on the list. I started to panic, the adrenaline was surging. I rushed to the computer and started frantically looking up Iodine overdose, and what its effects were etc.

What I found out was somewhat amazing, the first sight told me that I needed to counter an overdose starting by consuming milk or flour and water. So I immediately started drinking some milk. This eased my panic and adrenaline rushes fairly quickly, although they did keep coming back. I kept on looking on the net, the second sight I found was invaluable. It was the one I have posted a link for, and contains a forums for people who are, and have, used Iodine treatment. I found it from a thread with a queary about overdosing from someone like myself.

The responces were something like this : Many of us have experienced the symptoms that I was experiencing and much more, also much worse... some of them even went mental and were commited for a period of time. They went on to say that 15 mgs is no where near an overdose quantity, and that a few of them are taking as much at 100 mgs a day. Further, that the symptoms I was experiencing ARE NOT THE IODINE.

They are the symptoms of ( the heavy metals such as bromide !!! ) getting dislodged from my cells due to a particular effect that Iodine has with them when present in ones body chemistry, and flooding the blood and excretory systems. These people have actual experience with this, it has been clinically tested and found to be true, and there are protocols developing to facilitate the detoxifying and expelling action in this procedure.

One such protocol is called a salt push, whereby the individual takes a large amount of salt, such as half a teaspoon, disolves it in water and consumes it, followed by about 16 ounces or more of pure ( filtered of impurities ) water. This apparently has many actions, of which I am still to learn, but the main one being that it forces the bromide ( possibly the other metals too, I haven't researched it enough to know ) out of the body.

So I started doing this right away, and the effect was that I urinated alot, and the panic attacks and adrenaline surges stopped. Over the next week and a half I have continued to take Iodine at around 6 mgs a day and introduced vitamin C at 2000 - 3000 mgs a day, and alot of salt. I have had strong reservations on the salt due to passed experiences with it and have considered it toxic, but I am starting to change that view due to its effects now, and what I am learning.

I was inspired to get up and write this because of what has happened over the course of about 3 weeks or so since I started taking Iodine. The first thing was sickness, with a crisis that I have mentioned. The symptoms that I have had were, mucus, fatigue, diarrhea, emotional despondency ( fear, introversion,depression, mental fog and inability to concentrate, severe lack of intelligence ). After the crisis, these have all steadily improved, although the diarrhea has persisted ( in a controllable fashion ) and my sweat has started to smell a bit ( this is unheard of for me ).

As of two days ago when I played volleyball for 3 hours or so, I had boundless energy, even though I still have some mucus coming out. I am noticing an ease and willingness to be outward socially, my energy is only increasing, and I'm feeling a mental clarity which rivals anything I've ever felt before. All this even though I am still taking Iodine !! You can put all of this down to placebo, or imagination etc, except that I am not the only one and far from it.

People are healing from all sorts of conditions including cancer etc using Iodine treatment. THIS HAS BEEN DOCUMENTED. I invite you all to explore this... It is some truth which has been kept hidden from us, and knowledge of it is only beneficial if approached critially without prejudice. The door is open.

[www.optimox.com]

[www.curezone.com]
Peace... Light.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2009 02:41PM by Lightform.

Date: January 27, 2009 10:17PM

global,

I am currently taking 1030 mcgs[about 1 gm] water-soluble iodine, and working my way up to 3 x daily. Not poisoned yet, kiddo!

Date: January 28, 2009 06:14AM

Good luck with the poison.

A poison is still a posion no matter if it is in small dosages or not.

Curezone a bunch of scams the body cures not some tincture.

Dr.Scamstein mentioned little about diet in his books.

He recommends the need for salt especially sea salt.

Boy that's a smart idea.

This guy is another scam artist hooligan.

Date: January 28, 2009 07:40AM

Global... wisdom comes from an open mind and an open heart , the prior of which is an inevitable consequence of the later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2009 07:43AM by Lightform.

Date: January 28, 2009 08:15AM

Yes and foolishness comes from following people who will feed you baloney sandwiches but then some like baloney.

Date: January 28, 2009 08:39AM

I believe that foolishness comes from prejudice and judgement or the unwillingness to try out new concepts. mot just the act of accepting something without fully exploring it. Although one could argue that they are counterparts of the same thing.

Date: January 28, 2009 08:48AM

I have his books at home so where is the foolishness?

I don't need to try whiskey to know it is bad for me.

Date: January 28, 2009 09:14AM

I'm not calling you foolish Global,and I apologise if that is how my posts appear. I admire some of the things that you say on these boards. I guess I am just trying to express my feeling on being open and what it means, which is something like the readiness to realy look at contrary perspectives without placing fixed judgements on them out of hand. Merit is still a choice at its core.

Date: January 28, 2009 03:08PM

globalresult,

I am curious: where's your biochemistry degree from? And where did you study forensic debating?

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: January 28, 2009 04:46PM

I know a few old timers in the Merchant Marines Tankers and Freighters,
and have heard it said by them, when in India or distant ports, to keep
from getting sick from the foods and waters, they would put a drop of
iodine in their drinking water one time for a 5 day port call.
They said it was common pracice and worked.

Date: January 28, 2009 07:04PM

That is real interesting River, and from my experience it doesn't seem surprising. It is my opinion, and probably that of a lot of people on this board, that the immune system while functioning properly is easily capable of dealing with any foreign entities present within the body. The immune system is compromised by many factors today, but a large one is the presence of heavy metals in our system, and the absence of key nutrients that are vital in its functioning.

It is my understanding that the ingestion of iodine effects both of these factors in a major way. The first being that it has synonymous molecular binding properties with the heavy metals, and displaces them from their bonds in our cells. The second being that it is used intencively by the thyroid, which regulates all the areas of our immune and hormonal system. So given how much it aids the immune system, it seems reasonable that it would provide added protection to poisoning etc.

Another point of note is that potasium iodide is used in areas that are effected by radioactive poisoning due to the role that iodine plays. When the body has enough natural iodine present within it, it no longer absorbs or binds to the radioactive isotope of it.

Here is an artical written by a nurse right back in the 1920's who accidentally discovered how powerfull an iodine tincture is in allowing burn victims to heal.
[www.curezone.com]

Date: January 28, 2009 09:34PM

Posted in the Raw Food Support forum

loeve Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ..Nutritiondata.com does not track iodine as far
> as I could see, and sources vary of course, but in
> the US, according to the following, of fruits and
> vegetables only potatoes rate as a significant
> source of iodine.
>
>
> U.S. RDA of Iodine - 150 MCG*
>
> Fruits and vegetables that contain 10% to 24% of
> the U.S. RDA of Iodine per serving:
>
> Potato - 1 medium (148g)
>
> [www.produceoasis.com]
> tion_folder/nutrition-iodine.asp
>
> .. in the US I guess the assumption is that about
> 97% of the population is getting their iodine from
> seafood, meat/dairy, iodized salt, supplements,
> etc.
>
> Personally, I'm getting a minimal amount from a
> multi supplement and a potato now and then, and am
> more motivated than ever to get into the habit of
> collecting seaweed (and will try not to go
> overboard on this).

my responce...

Hi Loeve smiling smiley
I would invite you to watch the first google video link that I have posted. It is presented by a Dr David Brownstein who has a practice somewhere in the U.S. I can't remember the location, and it is his clinical experience, that of something like 500 patience that he tested in a pilot study to ascertain the iodine levels in the populace at large, something like 90% of them proved deficient. Potatoes may indeed contain Iodine when grown in rich organic conditions, but I would be willing to bet that ( although I may be wrong )

a) In most instances they are not,

b) that you will destroy they absorbtion ability of it through cooking, ( or at least impair it ),

c) It doesn't garauntee that the individual consuming them has the supporting nutrients necessary to metabolise it and,

d) Even if all of these requirements are met, that it wont be enough to have the detoxing properties of iodine treatment therapy.

I am totaly into getting my nutrients from foods... believe me !! But after what I have experienced personally after being raw for so long ( including drinking a variety of green juice including wheat grass ). I feel that everyone could benifit from using this therapy. I am not suggesting it is the only way, I think that one could possibly detox themselves by growing their own foods, fasting, and consuming more green juices and less other kinds of food than I have done. Or a combination of these things, especially when considered over a longer period than I have been raw.

But like I say, why not use something that is so effective and positive that has no negative aspects past dealing with the detoxing effects ? The stats that some of these Dr's are finding in their tests indicate that if potatos do indeed supply an adequate amount, then somehow the U.S citizens are still not getting it.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: January 29, 2009 04:53PM

Astrolger Carline Casey offers an apt metaphor to illustrate how cru-
cial it is for us to hear and read good stories. She notes that if
we dont have enough of the normal, healthy kind of iodine in our
bodies, we absorb radioactive iodine which has enterd the food chain
through nuclear test explosions conducted in the atmosphere. Similary,
unless we fill ourselfs up with stories that invigorate us, we're more
susceptible to sopping up the poisonous, degenerative narratives.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables