Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
would you date a cooked meat eater?!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 16, 2009 08:57AM

hey just wondering how many of you out there would date a non-vegan?

i have a poll on my site at [RawDate.com] (dating site for raw foodies) and quite a few raw folks say "yes" to this question!

Personally, I can't stand the bad smell .. i'd never date a cooked meat eater!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: would you date a cooked meat eater?!
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 16, 2009 09:35AM

my fella is a carnivore although in 2 years so far im slowly dragging him over to my side winking smiley

i wouldnt trade him for anyone cooked or not .. his smell is a minor negative thing compared to other 99% of the things is and does smiling smiley

theres no way to vote on your pole without signing up ..so sorry i have to answer here as i have no interest in signing up smiling smiley

my answer is yes smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: joewood ()
Date: January 16, 2009 10:44AM

Hey rawdate...

I just finished reading 12 steps to raw foods by Victoria Boutenko. Step 4 is 'I love you no matter what you eat'. My wife is a meateater. Like Jodi said..All her good qualities far outweigh the smell of meat. That being said.. if I were starting a relationship I think I would try to find someone likeminded from the getgo. IMHO

Joe

Love is patient, love is kind, it is not self-seeking, love ALWAYS protects,always endures. (1corinthians 13)

God IS love!! (1john4)
Jesus Christ...... The ONLY way to Heaven.
I am the Way, the Truth & the Life..(John 14:6)

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: January 16, 2009 12:21PM

Is this person going to post this every week or something?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 16, 2009 07:14PM

Would I date a cooked meat eater?

Yes, but not seriously!smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2009 07:15PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: January 16, 2009 07:56PM

If you expand this question to say "would you hang around with people eating cooked food ?" then it becomes similar to the old adage about if you hang out with bank robbers then soon you will be driving the get away car.
I think the people you hang with rub off on you.

Date: January 16, 2009 08:09PM

I was SAD along with my boyfriend who was also a SAD ,but he ate more fruits and veggies than me. When I became raw, then my boyfriend ate what ever I ate, plus his cooked foods, but it's all healthy according to him and he does eat meat, but that is once or twice every 2 weeks.

I couldn't imagine him out of my life even though he eats meat, we've been together way too long and been through so much, it would break my heart to leave him just because he eats meat.

I know I will never eat meat again in my life even though he does, and I know I am rubbing off on my boyfriend who loves the way I make him juices, smoothies, and salads!

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: January 16, 2009 09:20PM

Yes
But would not eat any myself.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2009 09:20PM by eaglefly.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: January 17, 2009 02:24AM

I would but the person would have to be pretty special. My current interest is a meat eater but he's quite wonderful and doesn't eat pork on a regular basis.

I have yet to meet a raw vegan male since there are so few. I believe that the quality of the character is more important than the whether or not the person eats animal protein. However, I would hesitate to date someone that solely eats pork since that meat contains so many parasites which can be passed on. Guess, that would fall into if someone has an infectious disease which can be transmitted, would you still date that person. Most would say "no."

Posted by: shane ()
Date: January 17, 2009 02:57AM

Sure, I've dated women who eat cooked meat in the past, and I would do so again in the future. Not a humongous deal for me what she eats, as long as she's not too freaked out by my own salad chomping habits.

Date: January 17, 2009 04:33AM

would you date a cooked meat eater?!
Yes. My GF eats cooked fish on occasion. I don't care. She loves herself & her health & her body. smiling smiley

If I was single I wouldn't limit myself to just vegetarians. Diet is also something that evolves. I could find the "perfect vegan" who ends up flipping extremes to a paleo kick or something or date a meat eater who goes vegan. Other factors are much more important than "ewww, gross, meat!".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2009 04:36AM by communitybuilder.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 19, 2009 01:13AM

Vegetarian would be good enough for me. I might even make him a tuna sandwich once or twice a month. But not much more than that.

Posted by: gocycle ()
Date: January 19, 2009 05:53AM

All of my dates have been meat eaters except for 1....He would buy stuff that looked,smelled and tasted just like hot dogs so I guess he was a meat eater too.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: January 20, 2009 04:49AM

My husband still eating meat once in a while,but if I were single I'd not date a meat eater. I don't have any problems with friends eating meat,but I don't think I"d like someone with me eating meat all the time. I'm getting sensitive and I can smell meat far away.Just weird.In my husband case,he eats sporadically,just once or twice a month and sometimes just once,but I can smell him when he eats it.

Date: January 20, 2009 08:08PM

it's totally different to already be in a relationship with someone whose habits are contrary to what yours have become than it is to start dating someone like that. i wouldn't get intimate with the intention of becoming serious with someone who smoked or drank or ate things that i consider gross. i just wouldn't do it. friendship? sure, but not something that might lead to us living together. why would i?
what if he hunted or went sport fishing? what if his hobbies included burning lots of gasoline? what if he didn't recycle or compost even? that would make us very incompatible i'm afraid. too much stress and tension for me to have in my life on a daily basis. i can find someone that i gel with better than that and if not i don't mind being on my own. in fact, that's just fine by me.

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: January 27, 2009 12:09AM

those that stay with those that eat meat are living with the devil.

See the nasty habit for what it is.

They are eating muscle and flesh for what?

For there own blood thirsty needs.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 27, 2009 01:48PM

if you date a cooked meat eater
but you are a raw vegan
and you don't push it on the other
but you maintain your own way highly successfully
chances are , your significant other will
slowly but surely come around
and see the light of day

it is kind of inevitable
if you are truly close
and intimate

it might not happen overnight
but if you put that wish out there
and continue on

it will probably happen
of course, preparing delicious meals and smoothies or drinks and educating the other person via books and videos would help as well

most people are not satisfied with their blood sucking carnivorous ways
i haven't met one who has not voiced a sort of nagging dissatisfaction of their ways

they just don't seem to have a clue as to how to change
if you ARE the change
it is like being a living text book for them
that the vegan way is truly possible
and the raw vegan was is more than possible

that is my two cents

Date: January 28, 2009 06:08AM

the change will come when you tell them "I am nut interested in kissing your lips that have blood on them from the suffering of others so that you can fill your belly"

Date: January 28, 2009 07:48PM

well, i wouldn't want to share a kitchen with a meaty but i hardly think of them as the devil. i personally don't find judging and condemning very loving or progressive.

maybe you're right ver. it's worth focussing on the positive and what IS possible than anything else anyhow. thanks for that.

Date: January 29, 2009 07:31AM

Neither is eating meat very loving or progressive.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: January 29, 2009 01:15PM

I would rather date a secure, put together omni woman then a judgemental vegan in the midst of serious emotional detox...ANYTIME LOL.

As for a long term thing is is of course different. But I would be with a conscious omni for life depending on their other health goals and values, spiritual practice etc...

There has been nothing in all of my research that leads me to believe that veganism is the only route to peace and happiness for every individual and that will only be overturned when people start being the example that - that much is true.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: January 29, 2009 02:07PM

I don't want meat in my house, and my partner and I are long time vegetarians, but recently the dog's health problems got to the point where we had to make some dietary decisions, and now we have raw meat in the house -- ugh!!! I wish I believed that dogs thrived on vegan food, but I don't think it is the natural diet for canines. The things we do for love...

Date: January 29, 2009 08:18PM

Sorry our dog thrives on a mostly raw vegan diet.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: January 31, 2009 05:24AM

So global, what do you feed your dog? (briefly)

Date: January 31, 2009 06:55AM

Depends on the season

Today had some yogurt, oatmeal, Mam's home made veggie soup

Normally cucumbers, tomatoes, tempeh, grapes, mandarins, avacados, red bell pepper

When in season watermelllon, bluberries, cherries etc.

Eats better then most humans

Date: January 31, 2009 04:25PM

anaken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would rather date a secure, put together omni
> woman then a judgemental vegan in the midst of
> serious emotional detox...ANYTIME LOL.

no freaking kidding. a little angst 'round here or what?

as much as i believe that it is natural for humans to Not eat meat i also believe that a dogs natural diet is one that includes meat. i would no more force a vegan diet on a meat eating creature than i would force meat eating on a vegan or vegetarian human. those are all equally abusive. if you want a veggie pet get a hamster. 'nuff said.

Date: January 31, 2009 07:30PM

coco

No forcing this is what he wants.

who say's that animals where always eating meat?

The golden age doesn't where animals where vegeterians and lived in peace amongst others.

This is the age that will come about.

Date: January 31, 2009 10:07PM

Actually, global, in nature dogs do eat meat whenever they can. They also eat whatever plant based foods they can scrounge up. If you go to the nearest city, and come upon a feral dog, you can observe this. Cats, on the other hand, are true carnivores. Which is why I don't have the courage to get a cat--I'd have to prepare it raw offal and fish! Niiiiice doggie . . .

Date: February 01, 2009 05:03AM

the nature as we know it will be changing as the nature we now know it as

Date: February 01, 2009 04:42PM

globalresult:

"the nature as we know it will be changing as the nature we now know it as"

Heh?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables