Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

tantra!
Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: January 20, 2009 05:03AM

Greetings all,

Happy New Year!
Havent posted in a while but I wanted to see if anyone is/has practiced tantra/tantric sex here? I know it's personal, but I feel like I can be open here. I started practicing this with my new boyfriend in the past week, and I wanted to see if anyone would be open to sharing their experiences, esepecially around the area of moving energy up through your chakras. I feel like I am having a hard time moving energy past my 2nd(sacral) chakra. If anyone has any insight into this I would be so very glad to hear about it, or any tips with moving energy in general. PM me if you like, any feedback would be most helpfull.
Thanks
Hope you all are doing well!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: tantra!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 20, 2009 06:07AM

You stated that you were new to tantric sex. I have found personally that the highest levels of mutual bliss have come about during points of equity, peace and well being for each personally, as well as in the relationship with the partner. To have a fulfilling tantric experience, there must be respect between participants. If you feel like you are inexperienced or having difficulty, that is only natural for someone who is new to the practice. If you are meant to reach a higher state of consciousness you will know as it manifests--there's no faking it!

As you stated, the second chakra relates to intuition and sleep regulation. Also the balance between the different aspects of our minds, higher and lower. My advice would be to trust what you feel in your heart and find the balance that is necessary to achieve a higher state of being.

Happy new year!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 20, 2009 06:49PM

and best of all...

keep practicing !! practice makes perfect ! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: January 21, 2009 02:28AM

I don't have any experience, maybe you could invite my girlfriend & I over & teach us some things. grinning smiley

Date: January 21, 2009 08:00AM

Mr. ComBldr, you seem to have a good point: why not follow where our loins might lead us? After all, is that not why we are here in the first place? To fulfill our basic procreational duties? Are we not all wrought from such performances of pleasure? Sex is one of the few activities we can engage in honestly in a world of false constructions, pretense and falsities. The purity of an orgasm puts things in perspective. An orgasm is an ultimate moment of clarity, as a connection between mind, spirit and body in one perfect convolution of those factors, almost wrapped in a neat little bow, especially if it's a good one. smiling smiley

Our minds unwind for a bit during that beautiful moment of inadvertent, perhaps self mandated pleasure. I say this because we are all compelled to be sexual beings: ultimately we have to reproduce to survive. And so the act is a massive, pleasurable compulsion. But sometimes on a psychological level, our sexual fantasies can build worlds that we can dive into to offset our fears and anxieties, ease our pains, or be worshipped and/or subjugated... basically whatever our imaginations might conjure, for better or for worse.

I suppose what my point is is that sex is a big responsibility, one which carries inherent risks. We do not live in the 1960's anymore. Personally, I have found my home in San Francisco for the last seven years, and I have taken many risks. However, the beautiful women that I have had the pleasure of being conjoined with were not the ones that ultimately gave me V.D. Rather it was someone that I thought I could trust. Is that included in the statistics? Nope.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2009 04:06AM by Bryan.

Date: January 21, 2009 11:41PM

I suppose what my point is is that sex is a big responsibility, one which carries inherent risks.
That's for sure!

Date: January 22, 2009 03:13AM

Ok. Ok. Despite everything, we can't be too afraid, right? Too many people have inhibitions that restrict their potential to realize what may in fact be what they really want. We can find ourselves within webs of taboo and shame or fear to try something different.

Personally, I can't wait to meet other partners that share a congruent vision of what pleasure is for them, and us. Life is full of infinite avenues to explore, and sexual exploration lies on the side-streets that we may not always want to tell others about, but we walk them nonetheless.

It is, in that way, important that we are able to break the taboos and open ourselves to what we truly desire and not be ashamed for it. How can one have a rewarding experience if they are looking over their shoulder the whole time? One owes themselves and their partner their full attention, adoration and being.

So may all our sexual experiences, tantric or otherwise, be filled with joy and love to the extent that we may garner this in a very messed up and rowdy world.

Posted by: brome ()
Date: January 22, 2009 05:50PM

Here's a good site covering all 112 meditations of Tantra Yoga:

[www.otantra.net]

Numbers 48, 49, and 50 are about sex.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2009 05:54PM by brome.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 22, 2009 06:13PM

wow thanks BRome very cool site ! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: January 23, 2009 12:37AM

From #48

That is why there is so much fear of sex. You are identified with the mind, and sex is a no-mind act. You become headless; you do not have any head in the act. There is no reasoning, no mental process. And if there is any mental process, there is no real, authentic sex act. Then there is no orgasm, no fulfillment. Then the sex act itself becomes a local thing, something cerebral, and it has become so.
Sexual pleasure takes place in the mind, where else? You can have all the nerve endings in the world but if you've a spinal cord injury & the impulses can't reach your brain it's lights out for your sex life (below the belt anyway).

This sounds like he's saying you shouldn't think about how to please your partner & everything should just come naturally. If your average man doesn't restrain himself & distract himself mentally from the physical act he's engaged in it will be over in about thirty seconds. Every person is different & you can't just expect to automatically know how to please them. You have to ask. And that involves the mind.

This time of gibberish is why I can't get into "Eastern" type "wisdom".

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: January 23, 2009 05:05PM

Thanks everyone. This is such a fun journey.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables