Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Just Noticing....
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: January 20, 2009 11:39PM

... a certain controversial forum is missing! Perhaps this was the best way to deal with what was going on. Hope everyday had a great Inauguration Day! :-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just Noticing....
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 20, 2009 11:47PM

I am guessing John had enough

Politics has nothing to with .. or rarely to do with raw foods around here ...

heres his message from above in the sticky:

admin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have deleted the Politics / Economics forum due
> to abuse. Please discuss your Politics on a
> polictical board. I want to keep this site focused
> on Living and Raw Foods.

personally im not sorry to see it go .. there are bazillions of political websites for people to go to and argue and get their fill smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: January 20, 2009 11:51PM

Good decision, John. Thank you.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 20, 2009 11:56PM

No, what happened was that Omega posted John's email address and said they should all complain to him about me and try to get me banned from the board, and then Kwan and sundancer said they would be happy for everyone to sign a petition to get rid of me and the Political Board, so I assume they all emailed John and asked for him to ban me and take away the political board, and he did take away the Political Forum, but I'm still here smiling smiley

So Kwan, did you email John and ask him to get rid of the Political Forum?

Date: January 21, 2009 12:10AM

> Omega posted John's email address and said they should all complain to him about me and try to get me banned from the board,<

WHAT?? No way! Not that I'm aware of, anyway. I hope you aren't making this up just to make people angry at Omega. If it happened, it had to have been within a very narrow window of time this afternoon.

>and then Kwan and sundancer said they would be happy for everyone to sign a petition to get rid of me and the Political Board,<

Lois, what the heck are you talking about? I did no such thing. Not even close. And I never even THOUGHT of the idea of a petition, nor of getting rid of the political board; it never even entered my mind. Sheesh, girl, you have a vivid imagination! And now you're creating dissension on THIS board and telling whoppers to make us look bad. Argggh!!!!!!! When will this end?

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: January 21, 2009 12:17AM

hmmm...I thought it was you and sundancer. I know for a fact that Omega posted John's email address and then said they should all email him to get rid of me, and then someone said they should all sign a petition to get rid of the political board, too, and pretty soon, it was gone. We'll have to ask sundancer. And we'll have to ask riverhousebill because he was posting on that thread, also.

Date: January 21, 2009 12:24AM

Lois quit trying to suck people into having a big drama with you

The forum imploded on itself

It was a cesspool of negativity (no big suprise) .. it was a great idea to seperate it .. unfortunately it proved it had no place in Johns forums here which i agree wholeheartedly

I followed the thread that Omega posted John's email so its no big suprise hes fed up with it

how long are you gonna beat this horse till its dead?

and good job throwing out the accusations without getting your facts strait first lol smiling smiley

and no i wasnt one of the ones involved nor did i email john .. i was actually at the pool this afternoon enjoying myself lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 12:26AM by Jgunn.

Date: January 21, 2009 12:29AM

Oh, so if you followed it, you did see that Omega did post John's email address and said they should email him and get rid of the Political Forum, is that right?

Who was it who said they would sign a petition to that effect? There were two of them.

Just trying to clear up what really happened that because of Omega complaining about me and posting John's email address, the Political Forum is gone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 12:32AM by Lois.

Date: January 21, 2009 12:52AM

Actually what i read was Omega posting John's email saying if anyone had any complaints regarding threads like "THAT" one they should email him

I saw nothing about a petition

but I went to the pool , and have no idea at what point John removed the forum

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: January 21, 2009 01:29AM

Silence adds spirituality as Allen Giensberg said durring the rucus
at the Chicogo 7 trial when Judge Hoffman started screaming there will
be silence in my court room.

thanks John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 01:33AM by riverhousebill.

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: January 21, 2009 06:34AM

Cool, no more political debates :-) I don't have a head for politics anyway, too many uncertanties and time factors involved in politics

(and I had nothing to do with the dissapearance of the forum)

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: January 21, 2009 08:56AM

I'm glad it's gone too. REEELLLY GLAD!

Thank you JOHN!

Lois, I was the one who said I thought the raw food site might be better without a politics forum. I emailed John about it, and at least one other person emailed John too. I'll leave it up to the other person to reveal their identity to you, if that is their wish.

To my knowledge, neither Kwan nor sundancer were involved.

And Lois, nobody - not Omega or anybody else - ever said anything about having you "banned from the board".

Happy future, everybody!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 08:58AM by suncloud.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: January 21, 2009 04:16PM

I knew nothing about the forum closing until just now. Lois, I know we are on opposite ends of the spectrum on some issues, but I am a firm believer in free speech and would never try to have you or anyone else banned from the board. I am insulted that you implicated my name. I am glad that hopefully some of the negativity that has gone on in that forum will be gone. Maybe now we can enjoy and SUPPORT each other in our COMMONALITY instead of dragging each other through the mud. GOOD RIDDANCE, politics forum!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables