Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do you have a lawn?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 19, 2011 04:07PM

[www.richsoil.com]

Tried and true Organic Lawn Care For the Cheap and Lazy. Please pass it along before your friends and neighbours start spraying and laying on the toxic chemicals. There is a better way, works better and won't harm anyone's health. Thanks all!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you have a lawn?
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: March 19, 2011 04:54PM

I'm the worst neighbor ever. I let the grass get tall and wildflowers grow. I think it is beautiful but the neighbors make comments. Sometimes I will come home and someone has mowed my lawn for me. LOL Family have brought mowers from their house and mowed it. My next house is going to be a farm so I don't have to keep up with neighborhood standards. smiling smiley

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 19, 2011 05:00PM

That sounds lovely Rocket, I hope to have a farm to somedaysmiling smiley

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: March 19, 2011 09:41PM

I have a 'lawn' to take care of. its mostly because my mother in law owns a complex, and it was installed before I arrived. i have to weed soon, thank you for the reminder. I would much rather get rid of it entirely, but its not the custom for a lot of people in the area to just let the patch of land in their area just revert back to nature.

When I lived in WA state I went to the reservation there and nobody keeps a lawn or weeds. its not a value of the tribe that lives there. So perhaps that is where I could relocate, it certainly would be more accepted there. Many people have judgements that they are lazy or whatnot. perhaps in a sense. but i think the actual source is just a different cultural sense of things.

It reminds me of Nome, how most people there do not have lawns, indeed i think a lawn in Nome would be nearly impossible. Some do have gardens, but pretty limited. The general sense is that food is provided by nature, and the people have to go out and get it, and nature provides a natural sense of beauty without having to be tended to.

Date: March 19, 2011 10:12PM

Where is this? Sound like smart people. Nome...

Date: March 23, 2011 09:24PM

Coco,
Nome alaska.
[www.nomealaska.org]

Date: March 23, 2011 09:32PM

I found that a ufo movie was made about Nome, but actually filmed in Canada and in Bulgaria. It sounds pretty weird.
[www.ufonut.com]

I was going to say that I don't think of Nome as being a hot bed of paranormal activity, but then...I remembered something weird. In the village of Wales, AK there are some reports of some alien or spirit being that comes out of some hole in the ground, or a rock. The last time I was seen, some courageous locals during the day time went and painted the rock white. I think it was supposed to give those creatures a sign that they have been seen. or perhaps the color neutralized their effect, something. The word is that the paranormal activity stopped after that.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 02, 2011 10:22AM

mislu:

<<When I lived in WA state I went to the reservation there and nobody keeps a lawn or weeds. its not a value of the tribe that lives there. So perhaps that is where I could relocate, it certainly would be more accepted there>>

excuse my ignorance
but i don't know much about reservations at all

but the last time i saw a reservation
it was eerie :
blown out tires discarded just lay scattered about
upside down tricycles that were rusted staring at the sky like upset toys
pieces of automotive metal splayed out not going anywhere

its like the people were saying " nice try...but this little piece of "granted" land won't erase bad karma.."

or something

i don't know

i felt like there was a sense of further displacement
and i didn't know what else to think

i didn't feel sad or mad or bad

just wondering what the tricycle saw when it stared at the sky while doing a headstand

Date: April 02, 2011 01:08PM

la_veronique

Wow, what imagery and what observation. There are a lot of negative things about reservations. Most of the time its not even the traditional land the people lived on, usually it was marginal worthless land. Some tribes were fortunate to find something valueable on the land that wasn't visible at first. Its so difficult to talk about.

Some tribes were farmers, and others were not. I don't know enough about the history of the lawn. But as far as I can immediately sense it had its origins somewhere in europe. I picture a neatly manicured garden and lawn in england somewhere.

Someone probably said that anything that takes a lot of maintance and costs a lot to up keep is a good visible signature of wealth or being proper. Like owning a dog,or a horse, buying tea, wearing clothes that stain easily and need to be ironed etc... Owning a dog used to be much more expensive and it was a sign of wealth. Buying tea was much more so. I heard about the price of tea a long time ago, and I was amazed. Actually certain prized types can still be very expensive.

All these things are much easier to manage if one has a cook,a gardener,butler, a maid,a nanny, a stable manager etc...all signs of wealth.

Date: April 02, 2011 01:18PM

Other signs of wealth included eating refined foods like white rice, white flour and white sugar. Girls of good breeding often had terrible skin, they were susceptible to pox while girls who got cowpox, a mild form of pustulent skin ailment that provided immunity to the stronger ones, had lovely skin. Hence the reference to skin as smooth and creamy as a milk-maid's. Not only that, children exposed to animals and the "dirty" conditions of the barnyard most often have much better immunity to illness than sheltered children.
Being a poor farmer is good for your health. I aspire to be a poor farmer at some point in my life.

Date: April 02, 2011 08:32PM

Coco,
Interesting facts. yes, refined flour and sugar used to be for rich people only. but now days its cheaper for the masses, and real food is expensive. Wow, being a poor famer is healthier? I suppose that might be the case. there are always suprises.

Date: April 02, 2011 08:33PM

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 03, 2011 11:29PM

eatings greenies is a sign of being filthy rich
last time i heard

guess that makes me a quadrillionaire ( whatever that is)... it's what i am

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables