Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: January 28, 2009 08:15PM

Did anyone else see the History Channel's recent show, "Nostradamus 2012?"

That scared the crap out of me. It makes sense that many cultures such as the Mayans, predicted something huge, natural disaster wise, could happen on December 21st, 2012, when all the planets line up in a row with the sun in the center. That only occurs once every 26,000 years apparently.

What do you feel will happen in 2012? What is your response to this?

That is only 3 years away!

Angie

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2012
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: January 28, 2009 09:22PM

I don't know anything about 2012. Never been there (I think).

But I do know times are tough and getting tougher. Our economy is based on the use of resources that we either cannot renew or cannot sustain.

Angie1, your baby is adorable! What a cute smile!

I hope we can do better as humans on this planet, so that your baby and all the coming generations will have healthy, happy lives.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2009 09:27PM by suncloud.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: January 28, 2009 09:52PM

Dear Angie
I mean this in the sincerest way possible. I am well aware of some of the potentials for humanity in the near future, and wish to express my deepest understanding of our situation. We have set in place the potential for many wide scale threats to humanity, but these exist as potentials ONLY. We have the ability to make our journey as destructive or easy as each individual involved dictates collectively, and the PRIME mover for the easy resolution is to personally adopt the path of love in what ever maner that you may. Everyone counts in this, and everyone also chooses their own individual path. Accept the freedom to choose yours.

I hope that doesn't sound like fanaticism, because I am only expressing it as my own opinion and fully understand that it isn't "the right one". But I have spent a great deal of time studying it, and believe it is effective smiling smiley
Light.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: January 28, 2009 11:13PM

Lightform--
Good advice. Thank you. Our greatest safety and security is within, and there is much that we can do to determine how the future will impact us.

My understanding about 2012 is that the Mayan calendar lore may well have been 'hijacked' by certain authors, perhaps for profit, and reinterpreted to end at 2012, when in reality the calendar ended centuries ago with the end of the Mayan civilization. Their 'apocalypse' is past history, and unique only to their culture. This is what anthropologists say, anyway. I don't know where all the 2012 stuff came from; I've never been able to verify that this is what the Mayan calendar really says. Anyway, even if it is true that it ends in 2012, there are many who interpret it favorably: that there are those who will choose to enter into the fabled Age of Flowers at that time. (Heck, what the bleep do we know!) ;-p

The Book of Revelation is very similar in this way: it predicted the calamities that would shortly befall the early Christians, but people throughout history have always been tempted to read it as if it's happening in their lifetime, creating all kinds of unnecssary freak-out. There is a wonderful Frontline 'Apocalypse' documentary online at PBS.org; I highly recommend it.

A lot of prophecies have turned out to be completely wrong. Remember Edgar Cayce? And research studies of the prophecies of modern psychics show that statistically their track record is very poor. I don't really have much faith in global psychic predictions-- too much commercial potential and ego involvement, and then the seer's siddhi is often lost. But I do believe in the admonition to 'be your own (personal) psychic.' That is, go within and use your intuition, and ask for guidance and inner knowledge, and expect to always be where you are needed, and where you need to be.

I've come to a place where I feel like 2012 is no more threat than 2009 (unless we collectively intend it into being a threat to us); we need not protect ourselves from external things as much as we need to guard and maintain faith in our internal power of intention and connection to a loving and benevolent Source.

I used to be really, really scared of various prophecied scenarios back in the '80s (alas, they didn't come to pass), and what really helped me enormously to overcome my fears was to immerse myself in some really good metaphysical teachings that heightened my own spiritual consciousness, creating a belief in the power of miracles over the power of catastophes.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: January 29, 2009 12:45AM

Kwan smiling smiley grinning smiley
Your shining.

I have definately seen and heard many sources of information that indicates that 2012 and the surrounding years either side are going to see massive shifts in the global paradigms of at least the last several thousand years of human consciousness :
( which covers the extent of all but the most esoteric historic records that we have, and which we base all of our analysis of human nature on ). I could show you some that is very convincing if you like, but as you suggest, it doesn't actually matter in the grand scheme of things.

There has indeed been much distortion and propaganda concerning all teachings involving all of the metaphysical aspects of reality, and I base my understanding of these things on a combination of the correlation of information from seemingly valid sources, my estimation of the integrity of those sources, and what I have learned through self observation. So I am very comfortable with what I am aware of, even though I don't hold it as the only truth.

The ONLY thing that matters as we both agree on, is what you choose individually, and the quest to know thyself. Love and peace result in learning through these processes, the truth of what we realy are !

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: January 29, 2009 06:42AM

Fear comes only from you believing you are this body. You are a soul in a human body that never perishes.

If the world is to change for the better then what is there to fear?

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: January 29, 2009 03:59PM

Let's see...the Myan calender is supposed to end in December 2012. (There is an argument as to the exact date) In The book of Revelation, the author (John) writes of 3 1/2 years of really, really, really bad things happening before the end. So...if one were to follow this line of thought, in this time line, it looks like we had better REALLY enjoy the next few months! And we might want to brush up following those commandments, just in case!

btw, the Myans were very advanced mathematically, astronomically, and culturally, a fascinating cililation, well worth some time reading about them.

I've been taking a pretty extensive class on The book of Revelation at my church. Kwan's right, its amazing how often, people have thought that they were experiencing the "end times" The world wars, almost every turn of the century, both millenniums, during funky planet alignments, during the plagues, even during Nero's reign. Most early (1st generation) Christians thought for sure that the Revelation, and Christ's return would happen in their lifetime. I suspect that if we in America were suffer a devastating military attack, there are many who here believe that the real "end times" have come. Maybe even me, I would be hard not too.

I've seen several "documentarys" on Nostradamus. I think if he were right, the world would have been destroyed several times over by now.

The end will come, or it wont. Why be afraid? There was a quote from a book I read once, it went something like...

"Don't be afraid of what you can't change, it wont help. Don't be afraid of what you can change, just change it. Don't be afraid of....well just don't be afraid of nothing, except when your life depends on it, then being afraid may make you run faster!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2009 04:06PM by swimmer.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: January 29, 2009 05:20PM

In her book For the Time Being, Annie Dillard says that while many
people alive today think that our civilization is in a dark age and
on the verge of collapse, similar beliefs have been common throught-
out history. Around 300 B.C., Hindus were convinced they lived in a
"degenerate and unfortunate time" Known as the Kali Yuga--the lowest
point in the great cosmic cycle. In 426 A.D., the cristian writer
Aguustine mourned that the world was in its last days. In the 1800s,
renowned Hasidic Rabbi Nachman grieved for the world's widespread
atheism and immorality."
Dillard goes on to offer more examples, concluding, "it is a
weakening and discoloring idea that rustic people knew God personally
once upon a time but that it is too late for us. There never was a more
holy age than ours, and never a less. There is not whitless enlightenment
under the tree by your street than there was under the Buddha's bo tree."

Go sit under that tree. The time for your awakening is at hand.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2009 05:22PM by riverhousebill.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: January 29, 2009 05:48PM

The Olympics will happen in 2012 - hooray - love them.

Date: January 29, 2009 08:47PM

Delightful posts, people. Nice thread!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: January 29, 2009 09:22PM

No
No
This isn't right.
It's not going to go that way

We know ourselves
Too well
For this dark Orwellian
Future

Leave it be, and
We can all
Have a drink
On January 1st

'To Nostradamus'

Tearon Uzuki

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: January 30, 2009 02:32AM

"it is a weakening and discoloring idea that rustic people knew God personally
once upon a time but that it is too late for us. There never was a more
holy age than ours, and never a less."

Good points brought up by all. But this one really hit home. I guess I have been forced to really look at some of my beliefs and whether I really think they are true or not.

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Date: January 30, 2009 06:24AM

Angie,
Adorable kiddies! Your independent spirit and holistic lifestyle are inspiring.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: January 30, 2009 02:12PM

well...like most things, people want to cram all ideas as some kind of black and white thing either to dismiss it or embrace it as salvation or resolution.

i.e. as some kind of spiritual shift that happens overnight or contrarily as some great catastrophe

I personally think we are witnessing (and have been for some time) an acceleration of such things. So I do believe there will be MORE with greater occurrence of each. Thats MY prediction..heh

so the date itself..may be the appearing to be a climax but perhaps is more aptly put as the first of many mountain peaks or...even more appropriately...as the cycle where the moon is the highest and most full and thus brings about humanities most spiritual or carnal..heh.. aspects.

this isn't based on any intensive reading into astrology or Mayan esoterica...as I am less then a novice in such things..but based on what I feel and observe in the everyday and when I connect inwardly with my own energies and conflicts..especially in periods of kundalini or deep meditation or simply wandering thought.

to me its all about CHOICE

whether they believe it or not, I think people are being forced into an awakening to the fact that ultimately it is about their choices what reality manifests, whether this is reflected in their actions or in their thoughts and beliefs.

Some people will simply choose to continue in the same patterns and beliefs that the world is a dangerous and controlling place...and will continue to struggle against that and will receive a hell of alot more of it as predicted.

others will continue to struggle on the fence of such things and the next few years will be increasingly difficult but potentially rewarding. I think most raw and conscious people fit into this category, some with more hang ups, karmic agreements, and pain then others. This is 'Matrix Reloaded' phase...lots of struggle. LOL

some I assume are already way past this and are pretty much just in observation at this point and helping out where they can. I personally have been touched by such beings, both in real life and with greater occurrence what might be called spirit guides or universal energy or synchronicities or whatever.

I certainly feel these obstructions head on and act accordingly. Besides the fact that I clearly think this is more of a spiritual thing which WILL be resolved, I do not think it is all too paranoid to start taking control of what you can of your food supply and other emergency preparedness if that is their thing.

I found this forecast for February. whether one buys into all this - especially in such neat timetables - some of the ideas and solutions about these struggles are presented in a pretty clear way I think.

[www.thepowerpath.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2009 02:15PM by anaken.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: February 01, 2009 04:43AM

Another Y2k

Date: February 01, 2009 03:22PM

I'm always quite skeptical when I read paragraphs like the following (from the above link):

>Lower back, reproductive organs, difficult menstruations, high fertility, fibroids, cancer, kidneys, bladder and urinary issues, colon, neck, and the adrenals are among the issues activated this month. Some is due in part to the high creativity/destructive aspect of the dark feminine, and some to Stubbornness, Martyrdom and Impatience.<

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: February 01, 2009 06:00PM

haha..yeah alot of its like...okeee whatever...for me too. But I do think its helpful to think in terms of thse 'higher' obstructions and internal conflicts and how to pay attention to them.

pick and choose LOL

[www.giveittomeraw.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 02, 2009 12:52AM

If the Mayans were so doggone smart why didn't they predict their own demise?

December whatever 2012 will come & go like 12/31/99 and nothing extraordinary will happen and those who attach themselves to this stuff will go & choose another "magical" date when "everything will change".

Posted by: logan ()
Date: February 07, 2009 05:15AM

another cycle Begins.

[video.google.com]...

short lecture.

[video.google.com]

long version

[video.google.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables