Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Good News
Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: February 05, 2009 07:57PM

Hey all smiling smiley
I just wanted to start a thread where people can share any and all good news that they are aware of happening around the world. Would anyone like to start it with something that they know about ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Good News
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: February 05, 2009 09:01PM

Benefits of Good News
The Good News Network is an extremely important initiative. I recommend that each person makes it a habit to visit the website at least once a day. Positive information benefits us emotionally, physically, and mentally. It can contribute in a meaningful way to a happier and healthier life.

- Tal Ben-Shahar, Harvard University psychology professor

Date: February 05, 2009 10:20PM

Awsome link for catching up on global positive initives.

[www.positivenews.org.uk]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 05, 2009 11:28PM

good news:

i saw that a store was selling daffodils
they looked awfully nice
yellow off white petals
bit o orange

i drank some lemon juice ( home made)
yesterday put some ginger in it too
it had such a nice kick
think i will put mint in it next time

made a few new friends
with people i met at a conference
they seemed like genuinely kind people

i liked lightform's www.positivenews.org.uk
and am going to be clicking on it on a regular basis
to get my good news

riverhousebill writes cool things on this forum
i especially liked the stuff he wrote about dream interpretation
with the buddha and the boat

this forum rawks

there is hope in the air
i can feel it
despite apocalyptic cawings in the skies autumnal carrying snow breeze

Date: February 06, 2009 02:25AM

Nice LaV smiling smiley
Yeah River is good value, although, aren't we all.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 06, 2009 04:26AM

good news....

* Wonder of wonders, my local co-op has recently stopped charging the outrageous and exorbitant prices for produce and other foods that they've been charging for over a decade, and people in my neighborhood can afford to buy my fruits and vegetables there again! (Yippee!)

* After 3 days of looking in vain on line for good jamming/backing tracks (glorified 'Music Minus One' type karaoke MP3s for musicians who want to learn to play and solo over background tracks of their favorite tunes)... tonight I finally hit paydirt and found a gorgeous website with hundreds of perfect jazz and blues tracks. Yes, there still are people in the world who are generous and more into sharing the wealth of their talent and experience than making a buck. (Yay!)

* Yesterday it was freezing and icy, with falling snow, but the neatest thing happened: we were walking home from the gym when it was kind of dark out, and everywhere I looked where there was snow on the ground, it was glittering with millions of of points of golden light that danced and sparkled in the dying early evening light. It was gorgeous. (Wow!)

* With the downturn in the economy, at first I was a little concerned about what was going to happen to our beloved apartment complex (which is mostly state-funded, for disabled and elderly occupants-- we moved here because my husband is blind). I'd made up my mind that no matter what happens, I'm going to expect only good things to result. I stopped worrying about the fate of the building (which at first was hard, because it needed quite a bit of repair and maintenance), but eventually my fears receded into the background. Well, this month a work crew started renovating the outside of the building, and today we got a letter saying that in the very near future architects are going to be hired to remodel our bathrooms and kitchens, and we get to meet with them and tell them what we want. Yes, we're in an economic downturn, but it's not ALL gloom and doom. There's still lots of opportunity and abundance. (Whee!)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 06, 2009 06:59AM

I had the good fortune today to be picked as a foster mom to a beautiful 8 year old female toy poodle cross that had been abused in a puppy mill , kept in a small box delivery litter after litter the last 7 years and now she is used up and no use so she was slowly being starved to death. I am fortunate because she is one of the most loving little creatures and she cant wait to share my home with me and only she has been here 24 hours shes made it quite clear she intends to stay and give me lots of unconditional love smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: February 06, 2009 03:03PM

That's a beautiful story, Jodi. (Sniff!)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 06, 2009 03:57PM

Wonderful post Jodi; you are a credit to the Force of Good at work in the Universe!

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: February 06, 2009 05:50PM

Congrats, Jodi! She's gonna get all the love she's missed out on all these years -- I just KNOW it!!!

Date: February 06, 2009 07:16PM

thanks all ! smiling smiley she slept on my hubbys butt last night ... shes brave .. the way he passes wind could knock over a mule lol

shes been my little shadow today so i put a basket on my desk for her to curl up in so i could get some work done, and she has lined it with a couple of dirty socks (lol i told you she was brave) that she seems to favor over any stuffie toys smiling smiley

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: February 06, 2009 11:45PM

thank you jgunn

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog,"
or, "that's a lot of money for just a dog."

They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog."

Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."

Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog,"
but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog,"
and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you will probably understand
phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."

"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust,
and pure unbridled joy.

"Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of "just a dog", I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.

So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future,
the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away
from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog",
but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being
"just a man or woman."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog"
just smile...
because they "just don't understand."

by Richard Biby

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 07, 2009 02:24AM

good news:

Government removes all subsidies for animal and animal product foods
Government gives huge bonuses to people who ride their bicycles to work, pays people to not make trash
Everyone is entitled to 10 lbs of free organic produce per day
Global warming stops then reverses
Government grants free health care to everyone but hardly anybody actually needs it.
Government provides a green job that pays a living wage for everyone who wants to work.

smiling smiley

Date: February 07, 2009 06:56AM

smiling smiley

Posted by: EricJohannes ()
Date: February 07, 2009 06:34PM

I got a new skateboard today and the roads have thawed. smiling smiley I'll be feeling the wind on my face in a matter of minutes.

Date: February 08, 2009 09:01PM

Snow is melting!

Date: February 08, 2009 10:56PM

It warmed up about 20 degrees here today, and the musicians at the Tommy Doyle's Pub jam this afternoon were in great form; it was a real love fest. It was just a perfect afternoon. It's strange: the economy is 'down,' but I'm feeling happier and more secure than I've ever felt before in my life. In another thread we were talking about Pronoia-- the suspicion that the universe is benevolently conspiring completely on your behalf. That's how I feel these days.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 14, 2009 05:55AM

>To sum up... just love everything... you can only win smiling smiley
To sum up... just love everything... you can only win smiling smiley
To sum up... just love everything... you can only win smiling smiley<

(My computer just did that; I didn't... really! ;-p Apparently there's a benevolent little genie in my hard drive that causes important statements to repeat 3 times when they reflect important truths that I'm supposed to remember.)

Beautiful, Lightform. That quote is a keeper. :-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 12, 2009 04:55AM

Wow wow and wow... everyone who is interested in the economy should give this a read, don't worry, it's short winking smiley.

[www.positivenews.org.uk]

Date: March 12, 2009 10:38AM

beautiful

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: March 12, 2009 02:48PM

sometimes when I encounter a stranger I look at the person and start thinking how wonderful and beautiful that person is. Or sometimes I think of how special that person is. Or when I pass by a stranger I just think loveing thoughts. I am sure the person looks at me and smiles. I have been experimenting with this lately and find it exciteing. Our thoughts are powerful.

Date: March 13, 2009 05:46AM

hey pam

that is a gorgeous thing to do
i think i will try doing that
just treating perfect strangers that i encounter as if they were very wonderful beautiful and precious beings

though ... to be honest, i'm not very skilled at that
but hey... gotta startt SOMEwhere

Date: March 13, 2009 07:24PM

Hey thats awesome you two grinning smiley
I am adopting that approach more and more as a way of life also. I also believe that our thoughts are very powerfull, as they condition our perspectives which change our actions and shape our lives. I believe it works on a more fundemental level than that though, I think that it works with the creative universal energy to align the physical dimension as well.

I think that once enough people start to recognise and honour our devine connectedness and interdependence, it will open doors for us that we can't even concieve of currently !

Date: March 14, 2009 06:24AM

We are one.

Date: March 29, 2009 06:30AM

This talk is exceptionally uplifting. I invite everyone who wishes to feel happier to have a listen smiling smiley

Part 1
[www.youtube.com]

Part 2
[www.youtube.com]

Part 3
[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 29, 2009 06:44PM

love that article on the whitehouse garden smiling smiley i wish they would take it step further and promote the new victory gardens (victory for health instead of victory for war) smiling smiley

i really miss wandering around little itally around here and seeing all the beautiful front of house veggie gardens .. all now replaced with perfect front lawns

great vids too lightform thanks for sharing !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2009 06:45PM by Jgunn.

Date: March 31, 2009 11:28AM

hey lightform

those glenda green videos couldn't have come at a better time

i REALLY needed to hear it

so simple but so true

loved what she had to say

she is very articulate and sincere

beautiful message

thanx for ushering the goodnews and reminding us that it is just as prevalent as all the other stuff out there

please post more LIGHT

i be readin them ALL!!

Date: April 01, 2009 12:08AM

Cool LaV grinning smiley

If it reaches one person then it is worth it. You are so right in that we forget that there is goodness all around us all the time. We get so fixated with our small part of the world and all our personal problems, that we often don't see the larger picture. Or we get caught up in some of the unpleasant things going on, and that becomes all we look for !

Every time somebody smiles to someone else, you have the natural force of life expressing itself. Life is creation, it happens everywhere all the time. It is powered by attraction, and its natural state is love. If it were random or evil, then chaos could never emerge into the unification of life, and the synchronised paterns of existince.

Just look around... people share as a default mode of being, it doesn't need to be inforced. I believe that hostility only arises as the result of the perspective of isolation, and the investment of free will into the bounds of judgement. The return to love is available through a willingness to recognise our freedom to feel love, outside of the constraints of the things that we think prevent it.

I have found that being happy about everything is contageous and achieves the optimal results in any given situation. I have also found that I learn more about it the further I extend it to the things which I would otherwise feel effected by smiling smiley

Date: May 03, 2009 06:35AM

Ok.. this might be a little late, but if any of you missed pangea day last year on May the 10th ( we are nearly at its aniversary ), then I thoroughly recommend that you go to the web sight and have a watch.

It blew my socks off in the greatest way winking smiley. Be inpired !
[www.pangeaday.org]

Date: May 05, 2009 08:48AM

hey light

thanks for this
i liked the 2nd documentary in the clip section "love"
the one that showed the middle eastern couple and how they stop everything even if the husband has to go to a meeting

he says he drops everything to sit down and talk to his wife if he hears that a problem exists

and he and her are willing to be "open books to each other' and get to the root of the problem and "unscramble" it
and i thought that was so powerful

i guess the wife thought so too
cuz she began to cry in front of the camera

so touching

very deep

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables