Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Creating your own utube video
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: December 08, 2011 10:12PM

I created my first utube video. Its only a few seconds long, and its just a test run. However I just did a search to see if I could find what I posted using the search. Woah I was in for a shock, even knowing my own content it was almost impossible to find. Maybe there is a lag time between upload and posting? Does it get previewed before its officially released?

I also am amazed at how much creativity must be required to make anything that captures anyones attention. I really don't have time for any of this, but its something I have been wanting to do for awhile, but just didn't know how to do it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Creating your own utube video
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 08, 2011 10:17PM

Cool so how did you do it ? smiling smiley I've been curious myself ... I think you have to imbed tag words to increase your relevence in the search engine some how smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: December 08, 2011 11:41PM

Hi Jgunn,
I just used the built in camera on the computer. It also came with needed program and instant link to email or youtube, and I think a third source I don't remember what that is. It seemed almost too easy. But it took a long time just because I didn't know how to do it, and to set up account etc.. But I am sure with practice I will able to post something really quickly. Now about content, what in the world would I be able to share with the world? I have been thinking of doing some basketry demonstrations. As soon as the semester is over I may do that. The image is rather grainy, not too pleasing. The lighting is also not great. Its funny how it seems good with your eye, but equipment is much more particular. The camera is also not professional grade. I don't know how to up load diagrams, and type on the screen etc. I am sure I will learn that in time. But its exciting to be able to do that.

Date: December 09, 2011 03:06AM

Its up now, and I actually found it!
[www.youtube.com]
I have one hit and one view so far! So it worked.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 09, 2011 03:30AM

Nice to hear your lovely voice!

Date: December 09, 2011 05:34AM

Awesome I've been thinking the same hung what to talk about. .... That and I'm staged frighty lol

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 09, 2011 09:50PM

Mislu,

You should do voiceover work. Seriously. Nice painting; it reminds me of something I cannot quite place. An old fashioned big top canopy, maybe?

Date: December 10, 2011 01:02AM

Wow, all of your input makes me feel so good, and kind of giddy! Voiceover work? For foreign films? I think one will overcome stage freight by just posting something, however small, or insignificant it might seem. I am confident that I will think of something to say, given more practice, you might experience that also.

The painting is just simply a colored inverted pyramid or trianagle. I am glad you like it. I think I was originally inspired by a needle on a record. Big top canopy is great however!

I had painted a blue cat some years before, and its odd that I found like 5-6 sub subjects contained with in, subliminal really. I never intended to paint them. Thats why when someone was reviewing the mona lisa recently I just had to laugh. Maybe he purposely painted those thigns in, but there is a thin chance that he didn't. He was so talented, so it seems like it was all planned, but I am sure that even he couldn't have planned every single thing that appeared in the painting. I started a pencil replication of the mona lisa, and I never really finished, but I tried to replicate the smokey effect that he liked. Gosh it just takes so long! I just don't know what it would be like to do the same thing in color and using oils.

Date: December 11, 2011 02:26PM

Wow, a lot can be done with a video. BUt...how does one completely remove a video once its uploaded

Posted by: cy ()
Date: December 11, 2011 09:07PM

yes,you have a beautiful voice for radio too.nice painting,but it didn't have enough light.

Date: December 11, 2011 09:37PM

Cy,
Thank you. I just put something together quickly and without much thought. I think its a great comment about the light not being good. I thought so also. Its also off center, and very grainy. So I will have to get better lighting for future videos. Everyone is kind about my voice. I actually didn't like how it sounded.

Date: December 11, 2011 10:14PM

one of those daylight sunlamps works really good for youtube , i have heard that mentioned before

smiling smiley

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: December 11, 2011 11:06PM

Cool videos mislu. we have a youtube star on the forum! yay! i lik eyour psychic transmission. are you gonna tell us what you were thinking/projecting?
I hope you don't delete them.

Date: December 12, 2011 12:00AM

I commented below on the video. No particular thoughts.Just hoping for the best for the earth, peace, best posible outcome. I tried to sustain that for the duration of the video. I plan on doing a 'verbal transmission' on peace, but I think I will have to assemble my thoughts for something conscious.

I actually got the idea for the video based on a gurus comments about the coming messiah. He said something about just seeing his face, and everyone seeing it and receiving a message, but without him speaking. Well I guess its not me, as you didn't get a message!

I think its funny that my video comes up close to someone else who received a transmission. She got it from an earlier date, but she says something about perhaps its from the future. Or perhaps from another plane. Its probably not related, but oddly enough it made me think it was related. Although she seemed scared by it, so I hope not.
[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 12, 2011 12:40AM

This is so funny, I just thought that she might be a raw foodist, or may become interested.And here it is, she at least tried it.
[www.youtube.com]
Gosh, is this someone active on the boards now?

Date: December 12, 2011 04:19AM

i don't know if it was transmitted, but I was thinking, why the sky is blue or something to that effect, along with some other stuff. cute/funny video, great painting.

Date: December 13, 2011 12:47AM

Here is a better photo of the painting.
[www.redbubble.com]
although my favorite painting is of a blue cat
[www.redbubble.com]

Date: December 13, 2011 03:19PM

I love the textured background, Mislu; this wan't visible in the video.

Your voice is like cotton candy, by the way: soft, warm, and sweet. I can totally see you doing narration for education specials for young children or translations of foreign children's programming on PBS. A few days ago, the local classical radio station played a recording of "The Snowman," the recent classic orchestrated story about the lonely boy who builds a snowman for a friend. As is typical, the narrator was English, but I thought his delivery was a bit too antic for the tale, with its bittersweet ending and minor key orchestrations. A voice like yours would work better for that kind of thing smiling smiley

Date: December 14, 2011 12:02AM

Tamukha,
Thank you for the compliments. I was told something like that years ago, but never ventured towards anything that way. At the moment it sounds more interesting than what I am doing now, studying for finals. I am taking a little break. I am having such a headache. I will probably be up for a few more hours.

Date: December 14, 2011 12:28PM

Hi mislu, just to let you know, the second video isn't the cat, it's the other painting. I can't believe that's acrylic, I thought it was oil. (That's how great it looks.) I'd love to see the Blue Cat.

Date: December 14, 2011 10:35PM

Hello rawalice,
Thank you for the heads up, I hope this is of the blue cat.
[www.redbubble.com]
I am amazed, I guess I got some high quality arcylic eh? Sometimes it can look really good, despite that. The blue cat was done with an air brush, which I think arcylic is very well suited for. Oil can be airbrushed, but I don't often hear of that. Ink is done also.

Date: December 15, 2011 01:19PM

Oh, wow, that cat is all kinds of awwwwwwwwesome!

I hated using acrylics, hated it. Everything I painted looked like a five-year-old using her subdominant hand painted it. But you, Mislu, have truly mastered acrylics!

Date: December 16, 2011 03:29AM

wow, thank you. It took me weeks to pain that pyramid. I think I could do something like that now with less time, or at least I would want to reduce the time.

Date: December 16, 2011 03:44AM

The gem makes me think circus tent, that might be my own personal bias though, I do love all things circus!
The cat is something else, love the detail, wow.
And I also like your buttery voice, very soothing.

This is my one and only painting. It's actually a reproduction from memory of another similar painting I did years earlier but slashed to bits with a knife in a fit of pique during a terrible spat with an ornery lover. Ha. My misspent youth.

Anyhoo, this one has gone to live with a friend in San Fran who admired it. I was no more fond of this one than the original I'm afraid. Bad memories tongue sticking out smiley.

[www.flickr.com]

I made a youtube video yesterday of our house, after spending the day cleaning it (it literally took ALL day!). That was for my little sister who's overseas this Holiday season and hasn't seen our new place yet. It's only 6 and a half minutes long but it took 2 and a half hours to load! Is that normal?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2011 03:46AM by coco.

Date: December 16, 2011 03:59PM

coco,

Like the painting, very cheerful and dynamic. That sun is downright mystical!

Find the large green mountain with the icing on the top somewhat off putting, however. Dr. Seussy, maybe? . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2011 04:00PM by Tamukha.

Date: December 16, 2011 10:45PM

Thats a cute painting. Did you make the monarch rocks also? I like the photo of the fish. Made me smile, but then feel sad. It reminds me of my goldish who died. I really miss her, I had her for 7 years. I never thought I would feel lonely for her. Like people who miss their dog or cat. I could always get another one, but I am just too busy to really take care of it right now.
[www.flickr.com]

Date: December 16, 2011 10:57PM

Yes to the flutterby, those pictures are all of my work smiling smiley.
The fish was in a friend's place, the first place we landed in the BC mountains. It was glorious, that picture makes me smile.
You could get another fish but... I don't think it's always as simple as that. Some things/beings are irreplaceable.

Date: December 17, 2011 12:59AM

yes, she is not replaceable at all. I had another one which was She was just as special, had soooo much personality. She would wake me up on the weekends if I slept in by splashing at the surface. She was fair enough to do it at my regular time I would usually wake up, and not a moment sooner. It was because she was expecting food at a particular time, and was hungry.

I also like the way she once swam to the edge of the tank and looked at me very lovingly when I was really upset. I don't remember why. But I do remember that it really helped me deal with whatever it was. My partner thinks that she was just looking curiously because I was making a sound that I hardly ever make, like crying. But what does he know?

This one goldfish did something really really cool. I remember sitting and reading with my back to the wall and facing her tank. I noticed that she seemed to be looking at me, as she was resting at the bottom of the tank. Just out of curiousity I gently waved at her, and she immediately responded by rapidly swishing her tail and fins, but in such a way that she didn't change her position. It was if to respond back, like "I see you to!" That was a !special moment, because I knew then that she indeed watches me, and apparently connected enough to wave back. Pretty smart wasn't she?

I once kept his large flower pot in my apartment and I put all these fruit pits and seeds in it. Some of them sprouted, but I guess some didn't. In any case a slug found it a suitable place to live with plenty of food. I sometimes would hear it gnawing on peach pits. I just let it be. Then one night I felt something cool, soft and moist hit me in the forehead between the eyes. It was in the third eye area. I remembered it felt so good. I reached up to feel what it was, and it was the slug! It grew so incredibly large, and was so beautiful. I just laughed and set it on the carpet next to me. At the time I had my bed on the floor. I felt it had blessed me, and was a way of saying thank you. That was actually the last time I ever saw it or heard it.

Date: December 17, 2011 12:00PM

I had a goldfish once. I don't get too personally involved witht hem, but one day, it was just like half dead, flaking and floating sideways at the top, and I tried some reiki on it, ( iw as just learning it.) and the next day, he was swimming around all tight and shiny and energetically.

Date: December 17, 2011 03:01PM

thats awsome! I think my MIL could use some, I could use some.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables