Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what small thing makes you smile the most?
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 09, 2009 10:39AM

okay, i'll go first

when i'm walking around minding my own business
and a total stranger out of the blue just decides to smile at me
sincerely and wholeheartedly
just smile at me
and i don't even know the person

the immediate feeling i get is that the person is courageous, confident and optimistic ( at least for that instant moment smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what small thing makes you smile the most?
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 09, 2009 02:54PM

Oh this one's easy! ;-p Any unexpected, 'unwarranted' (for no reason) or especially magnificent act of kindness makes me just smile, and smile some more... sometimes even opens my heart center, which makes my heartbeat slow down and fills me with a wonderful feeling of bliss that can last for a couple hours.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: April 09, 2009 03:27PM

small things- The children, they bring me hope and many smiles
Lapaz rhb

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 09, 2009 05:22PM

Hey LaV, Maybe I have smiled at you. I smile at everyone. I have since I was a little kid. I have always gotten comments on it. I even smile at people in other cars when I am driving. I just can't help it. smiling smiley

Lots of things make me smile, but I have to say kids and animals make me smile the most.

What a sweet thread!

Date: April 09, 2009 11:31PM

ha ha! wow.. that is SO cool that you smile at everyone ever since you were a kid smiling smiley

i used to smile at everyone ever since i was a kid

but i don't do that as often anymore

but sometimes i will wave and smile at someone when i am hiking

i am always greeted with a friendly smile and hello back
and the funny responses are when people are so taken aback and startled that a total stranger said hello and smiled to them
it makes me feel that they don't get a smile very often
and i'm glad that i smiled to them

Date: April 10, 2009 03:31AM

>i am always greeted with a friendly smile and hello back
>and the funny responses are when people are so taken aback and startled that a >total stranger said hello and smiled to them
>it makes me feel that they don't get a smile very often
>and i'm glad that i smiled to them

I know what you mean. I love that feeling.

Date: April 10, 2009 03:57PM

the kwanster says :

<<Oh this one's easy! ;-p Any unexpected, 'unwarranted' (for no reason) or especially magnificent act of kindness makes me just smile, and smile some more... sometimes even opens my heart center, which makes my heartbeat slow down and fills me with a wonderful feeling of bliss that can last for a couple hours.>>

that is beautiful
i keep forgetting how many people and how many instances of this unwarranted kindness is extended to me and to others every day
it blows my mind
it is plentiful and everywhere if i just open my eyes
thanks for the gorgeous reminder

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 11, 2009 02:43AM

.the kwanster<

Loves it!!!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Kit ()
Date: April 11, 2009 06:03AM

What makes me smile? The kwanster winking smiley
I also agree that an unexpected smile from someone can do it. It seems it's hard for some people to smile. They think they have to look tough or whatever. So it's especially nice when they break free and go for it.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: April 11, 2009 07:39PM

Spring makes me small and laugh a lot.I just love spring,the animals,the fruits,the trees and flowers....just thinking on it makes me small and be happy.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 12, 2009 06:06AM

wee little flowers poking up through the ground .. that makes me smile .. spring is here smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: April 13, 2009 03:30AM

i like it when people go out of there way to make a connection
a lot of times people do it through their passions

there was this one guy who was really into this medieval fighting thing
and he did tournaments

and he was connecting to me through talking about it
i could tell he was really into it

i love passionate people

they make me smile

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 15, 2009 06:52PM

blending essential oils and coming up with something fantastic. i made rootbeer the other day, it really, Really smells like rootbeer too. it's my new favourite perfume. my friend says that banana and lime smells exactly like bubblegum, i have to try that next.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: April 15, 2009 08:33PM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i like it when people go out of there way to make
> a connection
> a lot of times people do it through their
> passions
>
> there was this one guy who was really into this
> medieval fighting thing
> and he did tournaments
>
> and he was connecting to me through talking about
> it
> i could tell he was really into it
>
> i love passionate people
>
> they make me smile

Yeah totally LaV... talking to people about their passions and seeing the light behind their eyes flare up like a sparkler, and their whole body become animated is definately something that makes me smile smiling smiley

Also as Kwan says, seeing an act of kindness and being reminded of the goodness that is inherent in people, can fill me with gratitude and make me smile.

Seeing a symetry or patern of harmony of any form within my life makes me smile. An artwork which I recognise the grace of passion within, or a piece of music containing the same thing. Perhaps a game of sport where someone performs beyond the standard level of accepted achievement within it.

Seeing a nuance of skill in any applied and devoted action, such as the work of a master woodworker, a calligraphers perfected flourish, even a rubish collectors perfected throws which accomodate the motions of both bag and truck can make me smile...
Expressions of the same within nature such as the shining bubbles splashing from a waterfall ( which I marvled at the other day ), or a beautifull patern of growth from a plant which one can see the unlimited symetry in... these things make me SMILE !!!

I actually don't think it is a case of certain things making us smile... rather that we allow ourselves to connect with what is truely there in these instances and it WOWS us. The more I consciously pay attention to these things, the more I find around me. The experiences follow my focus, not the other way around.

Date: April 16, 2009 07:06AM

Lightform says:

<<Seeing a symetry or patern of harmony of any form within my life makes me smile. An artwork which I recognise the grace of passion within, or a piece of music containing the same thing. Perhaps a game of sport where someone performs beyond the standard level of accepted achievement within it.

Seeing a nuance of skill in any applied and devoted action, such as the work of a master woodworker, a calligraphers perfected flourish, even a rubish collectors perfected throws which accomodate the motions of both bag and truck can make me smile...
Expressions of the same within nature such as the shining bubbles splashing from a waterfall ( which I marvled at the other day ), or a beautifull patern of growth from a plant which one can see the unlimited symetry in... these things make me SMILE !!!>>

What lightform said just made me smile. very beautiful description
truly

Date: April 16, 2009 01:44PM

Nice post lightform.

"I actually don't think it is a case of certain things making us smile... rather that we allow ourselves to connect with what is truely there in these instances and it WOWS us. The more I consciously pay attention to these things, the more I find around me. The experiences follow my focus, not the other way around."

That is precisely what my nephew and I have been noticing a lot lately. Perception and relativity mean everything in every situation.

I put my boy in time out yesterday for some little thing he had done. I told my nephew, "watch this." My son was whining and crying, wanting out of time out, and he looked over at me and I smiled at him and immediately he smiled really big back at me. Then he started playing around with his shoe and every few seconds he would look up at me and I would smile and he would smile really big at me. All of a sudden he was happy and had forgotten about why he was upset.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: April 16, 2009 03:14PM

My little daughter, and all the things she comes up with -- like insisting on giving my friend who happened by for a minute on the way to a meeting while I was gone and wanted to peek at the greenhouses. My daughter, who's 4, insisted on giving her a tour, pointing out each type of seedling (she knows them all) -- "this is the kale, and these are the baby pea shoots. Oh -- and this is rosemary (breaking some off) -- here, take some to smell at your meeting. It smells really good!" I've got to do another video of her for youtube.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables