Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anger
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: April 11, 2009 10:34PM

Maybe I will regret this post... because when i talk about this with people and they make suggestions... and i say i have already tried them it makes me angry... i don't really know what i am looking for... I just have so much anger pent up inside of me... i did EFT this morning for it... and ended with a nice meditation as i filled pitchers full with my anger and emptied them into a river... and still i am overflowing with it... it makes me want to cry sometimes... i get so angry that i am angry... yesterday i dropped something and i went into a rage... it makes no sense... i'm so frustrated... i feel like i have had this so much in my life... and i always think yes i can manage it... it will just pass... i'll meditate it away... i'll visualize it away... but it never seems to go... i've even tried to pretend to be happy when i am angry... and still... it comes back... i snap... i snap so quickly... and i can't see that this is very helpful in my healing process... maybe it is the place i need to focus on ... some of the things i do... and i can't thing that i am some peaceful rawfoods spiritual seeking person... how can i be when i have so much anger.... where does it all come from... what is it for??? i'm frustrated... i'm at a loss... suggestions... anyone???

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anger
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 11, 2009 11:48PM

I think anger manifests from frustration

when we are frustrated we tend to lash out, snap, lose it

If there are frustrating aspects of your life , they will cause you to be unhappy (angry) , angry at perhaps being in the wrong situation, or doing something that you know isnt good for you , or refusing yourself to let yourself be happy

ive said this before abouut addressing the other areas in our lives besides food so sorry if i sound like a broken record but ask yourself these questions .. if you answer No to any of them those are probably the areas of your life you should look at trying to change whatever it is thats making you frustrated and angry.

nutrition health - are you eating the best you can at the moment?

financial health - are you doing what you love and lovign what you do?

emotional health - are you a happy person able to give and receive happiness?

physical health - is your body in good condition or healing towards being good?

mental health - do you challenge your mind and think positively and try to learn something new everyday?

spiritual health - do you have faith in something ..anything.. even yourself?

environment health - is your home / work healthy places to be?

relationship health - are ya feeeeeelin the love? If you are not with someone right now are you at least loving yourself?

As soon as you address the areas in your life that arent making you happy the sooner you will be on track to change those things, be honest with yourself when answering, they are simply yes or no .. sure there can be a middleground but i think thats where we all get muddled up and frustrated .. being in that middleground .. not happy not sad just ...

just there

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

letting it go
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 12, 2009 02:06AM

It seems that when I am very angry and I don't know the source, I need to release that anger energy first before I can get to the feelings inside and the source inside of my anger.

So first do what it takes to release that anger energy. Scream. Run. Have a tantrum. Whatever it takes to release the energy.

Then get quiet and go inside and see if you can get any clarity. Perhaps not. It make take years to find it. But don't quit looking. The answer is in the inside.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 12, 2009 02:56AM

hah ! tantrum smiling smiley i was just reading this evening how unfortunate it is that when we were little kids we were so free to express our anger and displeasure but having a good tantrum .. then at some point society made us supress sucha things.

i 2nd Bryan .. throw a fit and then carry on smiling smiley lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: blue_sky ()
Date: April 12, 2009 09:29AM

luvyuu,

Maybe you can just imagine that you were already dead. It doesn't matter anymore what people do to you when you were already dead right? :-)

Just a suggestion.

All the best,
Wong

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: April 12, 2009 08:21PM

yes... once with one of the kids i used to care for... started to get frustrated....cause i said no to someting... he was 2... i said no a lot... and he got mad at me and started to whine ... and so i got down on the floor and started to kick and scream... saying c'mon atleast make it a good one...he started giggling and forgot what he was whining about and didn't whine so much after that... trust me i've thrown some tantrums recently... i just hate this feeling of anger... frustration... it almost hurts inside... and i seem to be snapping at everyone close to me... and that doesn't seem fare... i know it has a lot to do with some decisions i have made and haven't made and wish i could change and know i can't...

You all give me some very nice advice... and i thank you very much for your wisdom...

love laugh and dream

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: April 13, 2009 12:12AM

I like Bryans words smiling smiley

I'd also like to add my own. I believe that all of our life is a learning and a growing, even the anger. I think that if one recognises our freedom to embrace an aspect of our lives which is unpleasant, that the understanding of this can change the choices that we make about it, and the way in which we perceive the experience.

Simply put, I am not religious but I believe that everything is God... even what we experience in an unpleasant way. I think that by accepting these things as a perfect aspect of God and its unfolding creation, that it can change the very nature of what is experienced. Although seeking to change it is not embracing it for what it is, one must first be at peace with EXACTLY what it is.

I think that peace can only be felt by accepting all elements of life as the embodiment of being peacefull, not through removing the parts which are not peacefull, as the embodiment of resistance.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 13, 2009 02:09AM

I agree with Lightform's position on God. If the regret over the decision made or not made is causing pain, perhaps seeing that every decision, thought, and action are also God, and pain comes from disagreeing or fighting with God.

You might try Byron Katie's The Work, and use some of the worksheets she provides with your most painful thoughts. If you play with The Work, you might find that you can free yourself of your pain.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: April 13, 2009 03:51AM

Beat depression by dumping anger, much anger then depression sets in next, got to dump the anger, heavy baggage will wear you down and out.

To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it. ~Confucius

Depression is often said to be caused by angry feelings that people hold and keep inside. One of the best ways to deal with this type of depression is to keep your focus on positive things. You can do this by daily freeing yourself from any bitterness and hatred that you feel.

If you are angry or annoyed with someone, forgive them–either in person or just in your mind–before you go to sleep at night. Don’t give those negative emotions a chance to get a foothold in your mind while you’re sleeping. Find a favorite book that has a positive message and read a few pages every night before you go to bed. After a while, you’ll notice that you start to wake up with a better attitude.
Lapaz to you luvyuu

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: April 13, 2009 08:12AM

Beautifull messages everyone winking smiley. There are awesome people on this board.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 13, 2009 10:52PM

i think that anger is natural too

just like all the other emotions

experience it and respect that there is usually a reason for it

then see what u can do to dissipate the source of the anger

if not, just accept that that is how you are wired

and move on

what else can one do?

good luck though

its tough sometimes

Posted by: cy ()
Date: April 14, 2009 12:44AM

What is helping me is that I'm taking a time out of everything and only thinking on myself now.I'm feeling so good about that.I still a bit depressed about my profession that is not going well,about the secretary from the school that I work that is doing bad things to everyone... well,I am on a state of grace because I am thinking and doing good things for me.I am reading a lot,meditating and talking only with people that I like.People that I don't like I just said goodbye.I do not tal with people that I don't like anymore,including family members,mine and my husbands. After I put some limits my life got much better.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables