Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Farrah's Story
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: May 18, 2009 12:15AM

A very moving story about Farrah's fight to live. I was very moved but all the way through the show I kept thinking "what about raw foods ?" As far as I could tell she never stopped eating cooked food. It reinforced my resolve to continue on with the raw food lifestyle. If you saw the show what did you think about it ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Farrah's Story
Posted by: mmmveg ()
Date: May 18, 2009 01:32PM

Her story is so sad. I watched it too. Poor Farrah. But I thought the exact same thing. Here she is going back and forth between Germany and Los Angeles for alternate and invasive treaments and never once did they mention diet being an alternative treatment.
I'm sure she just wasn't aware of how diet can effect cancer. I watched as her dad made her meals..meat was featured. Also she and her friend made pies. All the while I was thinking...dang! she sure doesn't need to eat that garbage.
I've always loved her and am very saddened by her predicament.

Posted by: C. Dove ()
Date: May 18, 2009 01:37PM

I can't tell you how many times I have watched those St. Judes Hospital specials showing all those cancer sticken children having pizza parties.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 18, 2009 02:42PM

So sad. I couldn't watch the show because I knew it would just depress the heck out of me. It really bums me out to watch people going through hospital procedures.

Our culture is so brainwashed and insulated against anything that might actually provide healing or prevention. Sometimes it feels like the medical/pharmaceutical industry has 'won' in the battle for people's minds, but I know there's a huge grassroots movement of people who know that medicine and medical procedures are not the way to optimal health. Now, if we can just get the message about raw food to go MAINSTREAM! That's why I'm always telling people I know about the miraculous healings that have been accomplished with raw food and juice fasting.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: May 18, 2009 02:54PM

I am certain it is the pharmeceuticals that hasten peoples death with cancer. My father died of cancer ( he wasn't raw food but he did eat pretty healthy all his life and was vegan)and was given a year to live but lived 7 more, he didn't take any drug treatment or radiotherapy until the last year of his life when he was in pain and that is when he deteriorated rapidly?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2009 02:55PM by Ariel55.

Date: May 18, 2009 03:04PM

While I was watching the show I almost turned it off at one point because they showed her being so very sick from the treatments. She would get "fixed" and go along for a short time and then WHAM she'd have a relapse over and over again and apparently is still going through that. I kept wondering why she didn't start eating for health ?

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: May 18, 2009 03:09PM

I also passed on watching. I have a father in law with cancer now, and he, as others I have known, will not make changes such as raw diets for a better chance of survival which baffles me. Given the choice and the probable chance death is in the near future, why on earth wouldn't you take the opportunities available?? There must be something I'm missing, cause I see this way to often unfortunately.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 18, 2009 03:13PM

The only way the pharmaceutical industry can win is if we are all dead. I have no doubt healthy eating will win out because of our instinct to survive. I wish it would come very quickly world wide.

I know I am influencing people to eat better because of how healthy I have become. I know so many of you all are too. When other people are sick they look at us and see the answers. You can't buy that kind of advertisement.

I feel so sad for people struggling for answers while they pass up the obvious. I think they must not want to face their addictions. Patrick Swayze is another one that breaks my heart. We all have our life to live and die on our own terms.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: May 18, 2009 08:14PM

I didn't watch it either yet, but it is a sad situation. My dad died because of a "new, wonderful chemo" which shut down all of his vital organs. It was very sad to experience, and had I known about it before he did the chemo instead of while he was dying, I think I would have tried to stop him. Monday will be ten years. He was 61.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: May 19, 2009 04:38AM

tanawana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I also passed on watching. I have a father in law
> with cancer now, and he, as others I have known,
> will not make changes such as raw diets for a
> better chance of survival which baffles me. Given
> the choice and the probable chance death is in the
> near future, why on earth wouldn't you take the
> opportunities available?? There must be something
> I'm missing, cause I see this way to often
> unfortunately.

I think that it is because people have such strong convictions about the "thuths" that they have learned from a lifetime of conditioning, that they simply can't bring themselve to feel hope when presented with something that is contrary. I don't think it realy has to do with motivation.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 25, 2009 03:48PM

Farrah's story becomes the top topic on the largest STD dating site

STDslove. com. I think her story can encourage more than
500,000 members on that site.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 25, 2009 11:36PM

Hello, all,

I just watched the DVD from [www.RaveDiet.com] that the YouTube clip below previews. It is a fascinating/aggravating/enlightening exposé on the cancer "industry" and on how to heal using plant based diets. I urge everyone remotely concerned about this topic to watch:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 25, 2009 05:34PM

Poor Farrah passed away. sad smiley I admire her for fighting as much as she did.

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: June 25, 2009 06:09PM

So sad sad smiley.

Date: June 25, 2009 11:49PM

A brave and beautiful lady.

Today's news story: [news.yahoo.com]

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: June 27, 2009 12:25AM

I too wonder what in the world would happen to cancer patients if doctors would totally cleanse the body,then add ONLY live nutrients back into it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And NOT nuclear fallout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vinny

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2009 12:26AM by eaglefly.

Posted by: mmmveg ()
Date: June 27, 2009 12:27AM

i thought this was interesting (my view as well)
[www.naturalnews.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 28, 2009 08:04AM

interesting article mmveg

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 28, 2009 02:05PM

Sad. My dad died of chemo ten years ago. Not cancer.

Date: June 28, 2009 05:10PM

Hi sundancer,

I am sorry about your dad.

My dad died ten years ago too. He died from getting so anxious, due to his parkinson's medication, that it caused him to have a heart attack. I kept telling the doctor that it was making him worse but he treated me like my concerns were insignificant.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 28, 2009 08:39PM

hmmm so sad

sorry to hear that Sundancer and pakd

life is so short

and precious

Date: June 29, 2009 01:08AM

mmmveg,
I agree with this quote from the article you linked.

"Farrah Fawcett's death was far less sudden than Jackson's, but no less innocent. She was killed by chemotherapy -- a toxic cocktail of chemicals pushed onto patients by oncologists who deceptively call it "treatment."

Sadly it reminds me of the old joke about the operation being a success but the patient died.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables