Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: This is SO funny!
Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: June 16, 2009 08:40AM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There IS only one Jim Carrey. And there IS only
> one Jim Carey. For the purposes of this thread,
> anyway.

Ahh... but that makes two smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 16, 2009 03:12PM

Lightform,

AAAGGGHHH!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2009 03:13PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 18, 2009 04:43AM

HA HA!!! there are also eight of me

i am one of octuplets

heee heeeeeee smiling smiley

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 18, 2009 12:29PM

I wonder how many there are of me. I can feel many.

Date: June 18, 2009 01:44PM

Currently, the me that lives two dimensional membranes to the left is spreading a slice of salri-weed bread with trundat-berry jam for her six catanoid(half human half cat) children for tea. The sky is deep green outside the mullioned windows, and that bodes nickle speck showers. Good day to stay indoors with the little ones building model teseracts. It's a nice place to visit, ya'll, but we wouldn't want to live there. Their Jim Carrey is insufferable!

Date: June 18, 2009 04:51PM

teseracts
hmmmmm.... what is a teseract?

Date: June 19, 2009 01:06AM

la_veronique,

A teseract[or tesseract] is hard to explain; one must see it:
[en.wikipedia.org]

It's what initiates the children's paranormal physics adventure in the plot of Madeleine L'Engle's novel, A Wrinkle in Time.

Date: June 19, 2009 09:25AM

This seems like the appropriate thread for funny stuff... so here is some more.

Real Newspaper Ads

FREE YORKSHIRE TERRIER.
8 years old. Hateful little dog. Bites.

FREE PUPPIES:
1/2 @#$%& Spaniel, 1/2 sneaky neighbor's dog.

FREE PUPPIES...
Mother, AKC German Shepherd.
Father, Super Dog ... able to leap tall fences in a single bound.

FOUND DIRTY WHITE DOG.
Looks like a rat ... been out a while.
Better be a reward.

COWS, CALVES: NEVER BRED.
Also 1 gay bull for sale.

NORDIC TRACK
$300 Hardly used, call Chubby.

GEORGIA PEACHES
California grown - 89 cents lb.

JOINING NUDIST COLONY!
Must sell washer and dryer $300.

WEDDING DRESS FOR SALE.
WORN ONCE BY MISTAKE.
Call Stephanie.

AND THE BEST ONE:

FOR SALE BY OWNER:
Complete set of Encyclopedia Britannica, 45 volumes
Excellent condition
$1,000 or best offer
No longer needed, got married last month.
Wife knows everything.

Date: June 19, 2009 10:33AM

Hey Tamukha

Cool. I liked watching the 4-D moving version of the teseract. Thanks. I read "Wrinkle In Time" but I guess I wasn't paying attention when I read it cuz I don't remember the teseract. I DO remember the cover of the book though and the hyacinth and the centaur with wings. Maybe that picture is skewing things and I am "remembering" that they went through a time portal via the help of the pegasus creature. I do remember the little boy talking about mitochondria ... and I remember other stuff ... mostly how I felt... but I don't remember teseracts. This means that I would be overjoyed reading the book again.

LIghtform

HA HA HA HA HA HAA!!!!! I LOVED those quotes. Thanks for making me laugh.
Laughter is always good smiling smiley

Date: June 19, 2009 03:49PM

Lightform,

Thanks; these gave me a chuckle, especially the first one.

la_veronique,

Yep, those L'Engle books are really dense and that you remember anything from them means you deserve a big gold star in the middle of your forehead : ) I am thinking of dragging them out from the dim back wall of the bookcase(I have books stacked three-deep in there) and re-reading them myself. Good for humid stormy summer days, when the weather seems otherworldly itself . . .

Date: June 26, 2009 08:42AM

Tamukha:

<<Yep, those L'Engle books are really dense and that you remember anything from them means you deserve a big gold star in the middle of your forehead : ) I am thinking of dragging them out from the dim back wall of the bookcase(I have books stacked three-deep in there) and re-reading them myself. Good for humid stormy summer days, when the weather seems otherworldly itself . . .>>

big SMILEsmiling smiley
There was another book she wrote to A wrinkle In Time. I read that one too but a long time ago and now I don't remember what it was cuz i read so many books. Something about a wind i think... anyhow. L'Engle rawcks! Any other great book recommendations? I'm open.

Date: June 28, 2009 11:33PM

If your interested LaV... my favorite book of all time is The Initiate Brother by Sean Russell. It is very oriental flavoured, featuring a culture of feudal Japanese lifestyle. Diplomacy, warfare, profound spiritualism, empires and adventure... awesome stuff grinning smiley.

Date: June 29, 2009 12:27AM

la_veronique,

The other books were, "A Swiftly Tilting Planet" and "A Wind in the Door." I read those books when I was about 11, in the fall, when the shadows come quickly and the air smells acrid from rotting fruit and desiccating leaves--my favorite time of year! I remember how otherworldy those books made me feel in my earthly little girl's bedroom. That's the hallmark of a great book, that it can transport you and grip you for decades afterward. My favorite novel is like that: "Fathers and Sons," by Ivan Turgenev.

The last books I read that made me feel that way were Kazuo Ishiguro's "Never Let Me Go," a profoundly sad but philosphically probing book, and Cormac McCarthy's "The Crossing," which can be described the same way, though the books are thematically and narratively dissimilar.

Lightform,

I've never heard of that book, but now I'm going to have to do something about that, 'cos I hate feeling dumb, dontcha know : )

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables