Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Secret to Good Luck: Desres and Thoughts Aimed at the Common Good
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 26, 2009 01:38PM

A Lesson For Everyone Who Has Bad Luck
Posted on May 26th, 2009 at 7:16 am

Egoism has reached its maximum development on the individual level, and the individual egoisms have started to bond. This is why people have begun to reveal their interconnection and interdependence. Here is a lesson for everyone who has bad luck: if your desires and thoughts are aimed at the common good, then you will succeed at everything you do.

The recipe for success is to do everything you can to bestow upon others. This means that you only keep what’s necessary for you to have a normal life. For a business, “working to bestow” means that the only revenue it makes is the amount necessary to cover its expenses This is how people should set the retail price of goods and services. No one should make a profit that just “sits there” in their bank account.

This approach is completely opposite to what is happening today. However, by the end of the crisis, everyone will shift to this system. Not a single business will be able to operate differently.

This is because everything that one receives in excess of what is necessary for him, is a violation of his balance with nature. In order to be in balance, a person should consume as much as he needs in order to exist, the same as any other animal. The suffering people feel and Kabbalah’s explanation of the cause of the suffering will help people to understand that best way to exist is to serve others, in the same way as cells, organs, and body parts do.

One way or another, Nature (the Creator) will prevail. This can either happen forcefully - through suffering on our part, or voluntarily, with understanding, because people will realize that they have to obey Nature and its law of harmony.

As soon as we begin to cooperate with Nature, It will begin to treat us differently and our condition will change. We will suddenly have enough water, food and all the other things that everyone needs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Secret to Good Luck: Desres and Thoughts Aimed at the Common Good
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: May 27, 2009 05:56PM

Thanks kwan,

This is a good reminder (to me) to be more generous to others.

This also reminds me of Jodi planting all those fruit trees, and then being treated well by the cop and the property owner!

I just read about "diffusion" in my biology book this morning. "During 'simple diffusion', particles move by chance from a region where their concentration is high to a region where their concentration is low."

Thus Nature's "law of harmony" is an essential function, operating even at the cellular level! smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 29, 2009 06:37AM

yeah and cells do their best to try to get rid of things that are unnecessary

when they are unsuccessful at doing so, disease arise

thus there is a lot to this post than what is at the surface

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 29, 2009 04:53PM

very cool sharrhan smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 30, 2009 07:58AM

if your desires and thoughts are aimed at the common good, then you will succeed at everything you do.
So if you're not "succeeding at everything you do" (all the time apparently) it's because you're not "pure" enough?

As soon as we begin to cooperate with Nature, It will begin to treat us differently and our condition will change. We will suddenly have enough water, food and all the other things that everyone needs.
Ah, so that's what happened to the dinosaurs! They lacked faith.

Date: May 30, 2009 05:09PM

>So if you're not "succeeding at everything you do" (all the time apparently) it's because you're not "pure" enough?<

I think he's simply saying that real success is based on thinking of the welfare of others, as well as one's self; not just greed and the bottom line. We are seeing right now the results of unchecked greed. Also, his definition of success is probably not the business school definition. Is he talking about 'purity' or just overcoming the temptation to be selfish to the point of pathology? :-)

>As soon as we begin to cooperate with Nature, It will begin to treat us differently and our condition will change. We will suddenly have enough water, food and all the other things that everyone needs.
Ah, so that's what happened to the dinosaurs! They lacked faith.<

Good point, Narz. I'm not sure I can totally go along, either, with his theory that even nature will cooperate with us totally if we live selflessly and in cooperation with one another. It's a bit of a stretch, because there are always going to be natural disasters we have no control over. I can agree with him, though, that were we living according to the principle of not gathering more than we need, we wouldn't be facing global warming, pollution, water shortages, etc.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 31, 2009 03:07AM

I think he's simply saying that real success is based on thinking of the welfare of others, as well as one's self; not just greed and the bottom line. We are seeing right now the results of unchecked greed. Also, his definition of success is probably not the business school definition. Is he talking about 'purity' or just overcoming the temptation to be selfish to the point of pathology? :-)
Well I agree with placing importance on more than just one's own selfish desires (often not even "real" desires but desires implanted in us from a materialistic culture that satisfy for about 30 seconds).

Good point, Narz. I'm not sure I can totally go along, either, with his theory that even nature will cooperate with us totally if we live selflessly and in cooperation with one another. It's a bit of a stretch, because there are always going to be natural disasters we have no control over. I can agree with him, though, that were we living according to the principle of not gathering more than we need, we wouldn't be facing global warming, pollution, water shortages, etc.
IMO, there are simply too many monkeys in the zoo & even if we were all vegan Prius drivers we'd still be on Earth's "too cleanse" list.

Saying our internal attitude controls everything from the weather to the acidity of the oceans is ridiculous though. It gives people a false feeling of control and when things go wrong a false feeling of responsibility. A child born into this world is not responsible for the levels of lead & mercury in their system, nor global warming, nor the fact that zooplankton (the base of the food chain in the ocean) have been dying off & life on the Earth may not last the century.

Putting on a happy face to solve these problems is not going to cut it. The quotation "Two hands working is better than a thousand hands praying" comes to mind. Sure we need dreamers but we need doers more.

Date: May 31, 2009 04:14AM

>IMO, there are simply too many monkeys in the zoo & even if we were all vegan Prius drivers we'd still be on Earth's "too cleanse" list.<

hahahaha!! agreed. indeed!!

>Saying our internal attitude controls everything from the weather to the acidity of the oceans is ridiculous though. It gives people a false feeling of control and when things go wrong a false feeling of responsibility. A child born into this world is not responsible for the levels of lead & mercury in their system, nor global warming, nor the fact that zooplankton (the base of the food chain in the ocean) have been dying off & life on the Earth may not last the century.<

Again, i have to agree. The various governments that have fashioned this enormous colossus of corporate fascism (which is simply the convenient marriage of corporate interests and government) deserve the lion's share of the credit for the mess we're in, and we need more than new age blame to save us. I think law of attraction gets blamed for all kinds of things that most common folk never dreamed of attracting.

So let's see... what's left in the article that's of value? I think my original attraction to it (acccck!-- law of attraction again?, oh no!) was the premise that greed and avarice and ostentatious wealth and all the rest of has really negative consequences, and if we want to be happy and truly successful, we need to live simply. However, I glossed over some of the more onerous logical fallacies in the article; I have an irritating habit of doing that! I think I was so excited to see a spiritual teaching with a 'new thought' kind of ring to it that DIDN'T go along with the greed principles taught by Wayne ('Get anything you want in just 30 days"winking smiley Dyer and The Secret and Abraham-Hicks and Joe Vitale and all the rest of them, that I just kind of suspended analytical thinking.

Wouldn't be the first time. ;-) Won't be the last either. I'm sure of that.

Narz, glad you're on the board to keep things straight. Otherwise, omg, we'd turn into a bunch of glittery little twinkletoes, lost in our own inner space somewhere between Oz and Planet X.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: May 31, 2009 08:39AM

Heh... well I for one,do not consider it to be a suspention of analytical thinking to believe that there is more to reality than what is currently percieved, and that spirit ( gasp !!! ) may actually factor in to what we are, and what transpires on earth.

I have my own reasons for agreeing with most of what is expressed in this post. Everyone will experience reality through their own lense, so there is no way to prove to someone our innate connection with everything, but it is very real to me.

Date: May 31, 2009 09:21AM

Oh.. and also
I think that the concept of faith as a set of irrational hopes which are used in the absense of assurance in lifes providence, is a perversion held by those who do not understand it correctly, or who have based it on just such a version which is the modern archetype of it. I believe that in essence, it is a peace and equanimity born from the consciousness of God, and succeeds it rather than preceeds it. I say this totaly without any religious connotations.

Posted by: dhsredhead ()
Date: June 25, 2009 03:03AM

To me advice like this only serves to convince those in poverty that they should continue to strive for the common good while those in power are completely ignore this advice. This is also just bad advice for people with bad luck. I am a good person but I'm not good at everything and I've had many bad things happen to me. The real trick is finding the so called silver lining in everything.

Date: June 25, 2009 04:53PM

dhsredhead--

Yes, I see exactly what you mean. I, too, don't believe everybody can have good luck, because not all of us grow up in an environment that is conducive to learning even basic survival and coping skills. I was lucky that my parents gave me an environment that provided me with these things-- and I don't take one bit of credit for my luck. I do see, every day, all around me, instances in which people have come through life damaged and unable to cope or understand, through no fault whatsoeveer, of their own. So I apply the information in the article to myself, but I refuse to judge anyone else by it. (Does that make any sense?) That's the way I've always felt about this subject, that we can't judge another person's life, because there are so many mitigating factors involved.

What you say about those in power ignoring this advice is absolutely true; yet I still feel, for myself, not for anyone else, the advice rings true, and when I follow it, I feel I'm in the flow, and when I don't, my life gets out of harmony. I also agree with you that 'good luck' is a badly chosen catch phrase. Perhaps it would have been better so say that if we live for the common good, s**t still happens, but the good prevails and there is a sense of what I often call 'divine order' that minimizes or softens the effects of the existential suffering that is a natural part of living-- suffering that is especially and undeniably prevalent in times such as these, where government is extremely corrupt and unresponsive to the needs and concerns of the masses.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 25, 2009 05:29PM

kwan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Otherwise, omg, we'd turn into a bunch
> of glittery little twinkletoes, lost in our own
> inner space somewhere between Oz and Planet X.

this line just cracks me up tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: June 25, 2009 06:36PM

This is my opinion, because everyone has their own truth.

This statement has nothing to do with justifying the actions of anyone, let alone those who dhsred is attributing good luck to by the fact that they happen to control alot of resorces. This is far from real good luck in my books. I believe that the good luck that this statement refers to, is actually inner contentment, or the physical reflections that are derived from it.

Kwan

I don't believe in bad luck, and I don't believe in accidents. I am certainly not blaming those who are experiencing harsh times for their own predicament, but I do acknowledge a personal responsibility within all things. There are people/heroes in the world who have experienced the worst that life has to offer and have still found peace.

I accept that I am speaking without a current experience in this regard, but these people are usually the first to tell us that peace comes from within, not through some set of external living conditions that happen to match our ideas of what "good" is. Everything I have said is intended with respect, so please don't think I have anything less than this for people who suffer, but I do feel that the devine balance is one of love, not suffering.

Date: June 25, 2009 09:34PM

Hi Lightform,
Not to worry; I'd never be offended by anything you say, because I know that even if we don't agree 100% on something (and who does?!), we're both coming from a place of love. :-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables