Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

help a raw foodie in salt lake city
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: June 04, 2009 08:55PM

This is kind of long but read and pray for this person who lost a family member and if you are in salt lake city perhaps you can help as well.
This is a letter from Dr Flora VanOrdin.

Pam, I am here in Salt Lake City, Utah on a family emergency. My son Rod, 6'5", red hair and beard, USMC written on his forearm, who is a diabetic, has disappeared. He was sleeping in a park on a lovely day after a drum circle ceremony and when he woke up, someone stole his wheelchair. His feet are compromised and I have to find him and give him the Energy Soup to heal him. I'm staying at the Avenues Hostel, 107 F Street, in Salt Lake City, UT 84103, telephone number 801-359-3855. With this COPD, I'm having problems because I am surrounded by smokers, who are being careful, but even being in the same room with them, or if they pass by while I'm on the computer, I find that my ability to think and compose mentally is compromised. I feel mentally handicapped. The windex ammonia has affected me too, as the people working out their stay do their jobs. This is a really clean place.

My wonderful boss in Florida has given me an emergency leave. After a phone call from my youngest son, I got on the plane with only your clothes and a dress and jacket on top of it. No suitcase. No coat even, and here I am, looking for him.

I have been walking the streets for 3 days and nights, talking with the homeless people and postering the poles and light switches with messages for Rod to call his mom! When I left, I had $10 in the bank.I activated a credit card and let them know I would be making unusual purchases. I've not used it for 2 years, having paid off all of my debts, trying to 'gear down', and I am walking in total knowledge that all of this is God willed so I had no fear of getting on that plane with no money.

I knew that sometime in the first week of the month, my social security ($458) will come in and I have my son, Brent, who will make the payments on the card because he has authorized me since he couldn't get away from his job to make this trip and he would pay for it. I've paid ahead on my rent, so I don't have to worry about time away from home.

I just finished a class with Dr. Campbell's eCornell called "Certificae in Plant Based Nutrition" so I feel qualified professionally to teach Rod or his doctors how to reverse his diabetes without medication like Dr. Cousens does with his RAWfor30 DVD, (they have now condensed the 90 minute video to a 5 minute thing on utube and I am hoping they get enemas and colonics involved so the people won't have to go through those unnecessary negative withdrawal symptoms. One man got off 17 meds in 5 days in the program and is now studying to be an N.D. The wave of the future = self healing!

My other unpaid boss, Dr. Neal Barnard, President of Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and author of "Reverse and Prevent Diabetes" (on vegan food) has taught me in all of the classes I've taken from him, from the "Nutrition in Clinical Practice" to the two Holistic Holiday at Sea's lectures, and his computer live interactive show each Thursday night from www.PCRM.com's link, and much more, so I feel I can call on them to provide medical backup and support if I need to work with his doctors. He was unable to make his appointment with his doctor Tuesday.

I have a very strong feeling that perhaps he is remembering Dr. Wigmore's experience healing her gangrenous feet when the docors were going to amputate them, and how she stopped eating the hospital food and only ate weeds and healed herself.

He perhaps is remembering also how the doctor in Dumfries, VA was going to amputate my right foot when I got gangrene and blood poisoning (cause that's what he did with his diabetic patients when their feet looked like mine, all purple and swollen and toes grey) and how he didn't even want to learn how I had saved my foot with wheat grass juice, boiled comfrey and hot water for 7 seconds and ice cold water for 3 seconds, and wheat grass juice implants (that's when I got rid of the worms I had been carrying around since I had eaten the raw sushi in Japan in 1979: when in Rome, do what the Roman's do has never been a saying that I use since then! I digress.) and soaks and poultices and nothing but the Energy Soup to eat.

Anyway, if I were Rod, I would go someplace with some people who would help me get well without drugs, someplace safe where they would help him do the same thing I and Dr. Wigmore did: Do fresh wheatgrass soaks, enemas and poultices, soak his feet in boiled comfrey water and eat nothing but Energy Soup: watermelon, baby greens (spring dandelion, lambsquarter and purslane or other super weeds), soaked for 10 minutes flax seed, tablespoon of dulse leaf, and after blending that, put in 1/4th diced avocado in the am and chew every mouthful 30 times before you swallow it and in the p.m. without the avocado, add 12 soaked overnight and rinsed organic (or prayed over) almonds and blend and 6 organic figs. I will get the ingredients and keep them here for when we find him. I will continue to eat only the richly mineralized liquids like the Energy Soup and pineapple juice so that I can focus and keep my energy up because my body is exhausted now from all of the chemical assaults from the valley.

If you are at the Raw Spirit Festival, please tell everyone that I am on a mission of mercy. Family is the most important thing to me. Family comes first. I met the Raw Spirit videographer in SLC and he was going to film me to present to the Festival in absencia in case I couldn't make it, but I didn't even stop to call him or let him know by email that I wouldn't make it.

I had an appointment with a lady who is a professional speaker (graduate from Toastmasters who started her own professional speaking company and organizing company in Miami who has been helping me on my presentation, and I thought briefly about contacting her to cancel our appointment. I never had the time to act on the thought. She sent me an email with an outline of my speech that I can develop and use in the DC area's and Arizona's Raw Spirit Festivals later on this Summer and Fall. (I both of them at a meeting off 125th N Miami at the Eco Center Sunday night.

Being a mother never ends. From birth to death we are connected. If I keep the lines open (and I mean the invisible love energy lines between Rod and I (or me?), what I radiate will attract him or at least someone who knows him will let me know that he is safe and that perhaps I can go to him or he can come to me.

Today, I am going to go out again, after getting some free shoes from a place which gives clothes to people. I got some bagged salad from them yesterday, which I will mix with some dandelions out in front. With a banana, and an apple, it will turn out to be a rudimentary Energy Soup. Later on today, I'll buy some dulse, flax seed, and figs at Whole Foods and then have the complete fixings for the Soup. I've been fasing and praying since I've been here on water from the airplane! I am going to get some well water from the free spigots and fill up a bottle for use. I will keep you posted. If anyone has any contacts here or sources of people with extra fruit or green leafies, please have them contact me because I don't want to buy any more than I absoutely need to to be able to be raw. There are so many, many homeless here, and so many, many places they can go to get free food, but no one downtown is giving out anything but meat and cheese sandwiches except for that one place I found after being here for 3 days!

The man Loftin who helped me walk the streets, who so graciously spent one whole day taking me to places he felt would have been dangerous for me to go alone (and if I had not been me, I would have agreed with him!) is going out again with me again today, armed with his girl friend and her little son, Niko. I will babysit Niko in the car while they poster the City from South Temple to 21st South with the fliers that I will make at Kinkos.

I am here on a family emergency. My son Rod, who is a diabetic, has disappeared. He was sleeping in a park on a lovely day after a drum circle ceremony and when he woke up, someone stole his wheelchair. His feet are compromised and I have to find him and give him the Energy Soup to heal him. I'm staying at the Avenues Hostel, 107 F Street, in Salt Lake City, UT 84103, telephone number 801-359-3855. With this COPD, I'm having problems because I am surrounded by smokers, who are being careful, but even being in the same room with them, or if they pass by while I'm on the computer, I find that my ability to think and compose mentally is compromised. I feel mentally handicapped. The windex ammonia has affected me too, as the people working out their stay do their jobs. This is a really clean place.

My wonderful boss in Florida has given me an emergency leave. After a phone call from my youngest son, I got on the plane with only your clothes and a dress and jacket on top of it. No suitcase. No coat even, and here I am, looking for him.

I have been walking the streets for 3 days and nights, talking with the homeless people and postering the poles and light switches with messages for Rod to call his mom! When I left, I had $10 in the bank.I activated a credit card and let them know I would be making unusual purchases. I've not used it for 2 years, having paid off all of my debts, trying to 'gear down', and I am walking in total knowledge that all of this is God willed so I had no fear of getting on that plane with no money.

I knew that sometime in the first week of the month, my social security ($458) will come in and I have my son, Brent, who will make the payments on the card because he has authorized me since he couldn't get away from his job to make this trip and he would pay for it. I've paid ahead on my rent, so I don't have to worry about time away from home.

I just finished a class with Dr. Campbell's eCornell called "Certificae in Plant Based Nutrition" so I feel qualified professionally to teach Rod or his doctors how to reverse his diabetes without medication like Dr. Cousens does with his RAWfor30 DVD, (they have now condensed the 90 minute video to a 5 minute thing on utube and I am hoping they get enemas and colonics involved so the people won't have to go through those unnecessary negative withdrawal symptoms. One man got off 17 meds in 5 days in the program and is now studying to be an N.D. The wave of the future = self healing!

My other unpaid boss, Dr. Neal Barnard, President of Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and author of "Reverse and Prevent Diabetes" (on vegan food) has taught me in all of the classes I've taken from him, from the "Nutrition in Clinical Practice" to the two Holistic Holiday at Sea's lectures, and his computer live interactive show each Thursday night from www.PCRM.com's link, and much more, so I feel I can call on them to provide medical backup and support if I need to work with his doctors. He was unable to make his appointment with his doctor Tuesday.

I have a very strong feeling that perhaps he is remembering Dr. Wigmore's experience healing her gangrenous feet when the docors were going to amputate them, and how she stopped eating the hospital food and only ate weeds and healed herself.

He perhaps is remembering also how the doctor in Dumfries, VA was going to amputate my right foot when I got gangrene and blood poisoning (cause that's what he did with his diabetic patients when their feet looked like mine, all purple and swollen and toes grey) and how he didn't even want to learn how I had saved my foot with wheat grass juice, boiled comfrey and hot water for 7 seconds and ice cold water for 3 seconds, and wheat grass juice implants (that's when I got rid of the worms I had been carrying around since I had eaten the raw sushi in Japan in 1979: when in Rome, do what the Roman's do has never been a saying that I use since then! I digress.) and soaks and poultices and nothing but the Energy Soup to eat.

Anyway, if I were Rod, I would go someplace with some people who would help me get well without drugs, someplace safe where they would help him do the same thing I and Dr. Wigmore did: Do fresh wheatgrass soaks, enemas and poultices, soak his feet in boiled comfrey water and eat nothing but Energy Soup: watermelon, baby greens (spring dandelion, lambsquarter and purslane or other super weeds), soaked for 10 minutes flax seed, tablespoon of dulse leaf, and after blending that, put in 1/4th diced avocado in the am and chew every mouthful 30 times before you swallow it and in the p.m. without the avocado, add 12 soaked overnight and rinsed organic (or prayed over) almonds and blend and 6 organic figs. I will get the ingredients and keep them here for when we find him. I will continue to eat only the richly mineralized liquids like the Energy Soup and pineapple juice so that I can focus and keep my energy up because my body is exhausted now from all of the chemical assaults from the valley.

If you are at the Raw Spirit Festival, please tell everyone that I am on a mission of mercy. Family is the most important thing to me. Family comes first. I met the Raw Spirit videographer in SLC and he was going to film me to present to the Festival in absencia in case I couldn't make it, but I didn't even stop to call him or let him know by email that I wouldn't make it.

I had an appointment with a lady who is a professional speaker (graduate from Toastmasters who started her own professional speaking company and organizing company in Miami who has been helping me on my presentation, and I thought briefly about contacting her to cancel our appointment. I never had the time to act on the thought. She sent me an email with an outline of my speech that I can develop and use in the DC area's and Arizona's Raw Spirit Festivals later on this Summer and Fall. (I both of them at a meeting off 125th N Miami at the Eco Center Sunday night.

Being a mother never ends. From birth to death we are connected. If I keep the lines open (and I mean the invisible love energy lines between Rod and I (or me?), what I radiate will attract him or at least someone who knows him will let me know that he is safe and that perhaps I can go to him or he can come to me.

Today, I am going to go out again, after getting some free shoes from a place which gives clothes to people. I got some bagged salad from them yesterday, which I will mix with some dandelions out in front. With a banana, and an apple, it will turn out to be a rudimentary Energy Soup. Later on today, I'll buy some dulse, flax seed, and figs at Whole Foods and then have the complete fixings for the Soup. I've been fasing and praying since I've been here on water from the airplane! I am going to get some well water from the free spigots and fill up a bottle for use. I will keep you posted. If anyone has any contacts here or sources of people with extra fruit or green leafies, please have them contact me because I don't want to buy any more than I absoutely need to to be able to be raw. There are so many, many homeless here, and so many, many places they can go to get free food, but no one downtown is giving out anything but meat and cheese sandwiches except for that one place I found after being here for 3 days!

The man Loftin who helped me walk the streets, who so graciously spent one whole day taking me to places he felt would have been dangerous for me to go alone (and if I had not been me, I would have agreed with him!) is going out again with me again today, armed with his girl friend and her little son, Niko. I will babysit Niko in the car while they poster the City from South Temple to 21st South with the fliers that I will make at Kinkos

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help a raw foodie in salt lake city
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 04, 2009 11:55PM

pam,

Do you know this woman personally? I am having trouble understanding why she hasn't notified the police. This is a medical emergency, and would be given priority. Salt Lake City is big, pam--she needs the authorities to get on this pronto.

Date: June 05, 2009 05:24AM

I don't know her personally, I was a bit surprised to hear this story about her son. At first I was thinking it was some sort of scam but after reading it I realize it is a real situation. I have never been to salt lake city. I wonder if she has talked with the authorities or the hospital. It sounds frightening. Flora VanOrdin is a old raw foodist who worked with Ann Wigmore.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 05, 2009 07:37AM

I cant find any info at all on Flora VanOrdin ...nothing on the internet google radar at all .. how do you knwo she associated with ann wigmore ? was she mentioned in anns books?

the whole letter above strikes me as weird .. she flits and floats between raving about health education than back to the plight of her son than recipie ..than back about her son ...

the whole letter strikes me as odd honestly Pam

maybe im reading too much between the lines tho smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 05, 2009 01:57PM

I had the same feelings Jodi.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 05, 2009 02:27PM

Pam,

[rawlivingfoods.typepad.com]

Four articles from the top. Oddly, her name is spelled "VanOrden." There's an e-mail address at the bottom of the article; is this the one from which the e-mail was sent?

Date: June 05, 2009 02:34PM

She does ramble on but when I googled her name it comes up and I have been reading her letters for a while. she has been a raw foodist for a long time and is in her 70's I believe. She lives in Florida and was helping the young couple who had court issues concerning their children being feed raw foods.
It would'nt hurt to pray for this person and the situation, she is not asking for money she is just asking for help.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 05, 2009 03:47PM

Yes, Flora has been around the raw scene for many years. She's who she says she is. She always rambles a bit when she writes-- just her style. I hope she finds her son!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 05, 2009 04:20PM

ok sorry the spelling mistake threw me off smiling smiley

sometimes its good to be wrong !

Tam is right she really should contact the police i hope shes done that by now !

I hope she finds her son too!!

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 05, 2009 06:24PM

Oh...how I feel for her. I can only imagine.

My positive thoughts and energy are with her.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables