Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Something strange
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 10, 2009 03:41PM

My daughter is interested in attending a violin workshop but it is in the historic city hall and every time she goes any where near the building she gets uncomfortably dizzy. What could it be? Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Something strange
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 10, 2009 08:25PM

i used to have this problem when i went into my office at this one job .. i have low blood pressure and the building itself was sealed and airconditioned and the air pressure withen the building was recirculated .. everytime id walk in for about 10 minutes id be dizzy .. since leaving that job ive never had it happen again .. i can only figure it had something to do with the internal air pressure and my blood pressure

it was a very disturbing feeling smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: June 10, 2009 10:03PM

So strange.

The oddest thing is it seems to be psychological because it happens when she gets near the outside of the building. She says it is ghosts.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 11, 2009 12:07AM

pakd4fun,

Talk to her about this. Before my piano recitals[the horror, the horror] I was seized by sudden and uncharacteristic frenzy of nerves. I never let it show, and never succeeded in "talking myself down" about it. In my case, it was strictly performance anxiety, but it wasn't great for my mental well-being. In your daughter's, it could be the same thing. Or it could be an environmental sensitivity to the physical setting, like maybe the floor polish has allergens specifically harmful to her little system. Or maybe she does have The Gift, and this needs to be addressed. In any case, if I were you, I'd reassure her that whatever is going on will be resolved by her and mom together: ) Good luck.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 11, 2009 03:58AM

yeah but pakd's daughter isn't doing recitals
she is just doing a workshop
so it can't be performance anxiety

also, seeing dead people sure ain't no gift
its a curse

hey... every place has a vibration
and one either vibes with a place or doesn't
just like people
you either resonate with them or are discordant with them

Date: June 11, 2009 01:06PM

Thanks for the responses.

Tamukha,

I know what you are talking about. In this case though, she has only been to this building before for exhibits and the farmer's market. This workshop just happens to be there.

Sometimes she can feel it when we drive by.

LaV, Every place has a vibration. That is interesting. That rings true for me.

She saw a ghost when she was five. She described him perfectly as a civil war soldier. We have gone to places that are supposed to be haunted a lot and she hasn't ever felty this way.

She says she wants to go ahead and go to the workshop anyway. I am a little nervous about leaving her there. She had to get out the last time we went and we haven't been back.

Date: June 11, 2009 02:50PM

la_veronique,

I respectfully disagree that seeing dead people is a curse. But I guess it's a matter of perspective.

pakd4fun,

Your little girl seems self-aware and not easily cowed. If she wants to go to this building again, take heart that she thinks she can handle whatever it is that's bothering her. If she can call you to come get her if she feels suddenly that she must leave, that might put your mind at ease. Kids are awesome.

Date: June 11, 2009 11:37PM

Thanks for the good advice Tamukha, and I agree that seeing dead people is not a curse unless you look at it that way.

I took her there today to see how she felt and she was only dizzy in one particular room. She won't even be on the same floor this room is in, so we feel pretty confident in her being able to go. We will be near in case she needs us to pick her up.

thanks for the responses guys!

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: June 20, 2009 05:44AM

Maybe try giving her a grounding stone, something small she can keep in her pocket to ground her, bring her back into her body while she is there?

Date: June 20, 2009 12:50PM

seeing dead people may not be a curse if you see them intact

Date: June 20, 2009 12:59PM

la_veronique,

Um, this is creepily cryptic; what do you mean? Headless phantoms or something more grisly? You needn't spell it out, if it's the latter, and if it is, I guess it's fair to say that's extremely jarring and unpleasant.

pakd4fun,

I hope things are going well with your little girl and that the difficulty has resolved itself naturally.

meganbubbs,

I really like your idea, and will try to remember it for the future.

Date: June 20, 2009 05:54PM

Meganbubbs,

Nice idea. I will always keep that in mind. Thanks.

Thanks to you too Tamukha. My daughter did great during the class.

Something weird happened while I was there though. I was listening to some women who work in the building. Two of them were telling another woman that they were touring the art exhibit on the third floor and they both got so dizzy and sick feeling they had to rush down and out of the building and they were saying there was a ghost in the building. I couldn't believe it!!! I told them about my daughter's experience. My daughter was so sensitive to it that sometimes just driving by made her dizzy. I think she was determined to keep the feeling away so she could take the class. She is usually pretty comfortable around ghosts.

My daughter loved the class and is joining the youth orchestra this year. Yeah!

Date: June 21, 2009 03:40PM

Tamukha

yeah, that's what i meant
remember that ghosts are not known to be at peace
and there are reasons for this
but i rather not dwell on this
i just thought i'd put it out there
there are reasons why some people don't wish to see ghosts
not saying they are ALL like that ( i guess it wouldn't be fair to stereotype ghosts as well) but some are not in a "good" state and are disturbing to others

hey pakd4fun

that is interesting
pay attention

but if your daughter is having fun
hey... what the heck

life is too short
to have ghostly interference impede delightful progress smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables