Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Moving house.
Posted by: ROIRRAW ()
Date: June 30, 2009 01:30PM

I've decided to move house in the next month.I had been looking for somewhere for an age but didn't really want to move in one sense but live in a town/city and feel the countyside calling me back.Anyway, I found this delightful cottage with all the things I was looking for and basically can't say no.
Moving for some people is so easy,pack there bags...whoosh...and their gone!
Me. um. I 've been in this rental property 5 or 6 years and the thoughts of packing bags/boxs,getting rid of rubbish,cleaning, transfering bills,dealing with auctioneers,signing things etc..is crazzy. And to bring all this on myself!
Am I nuts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2009 01:44PM by ROIRRAW.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Moving house.
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 30, 2009 02:48PM

ROIRRAW,

Congratulations! I have never moved, but it is on my mind lately, and I find the process of moving so daunting as to not consider it seriously! However, if it came to that, I would do things methodically and gradually, so as to not overburden myself, physically or psychologically, and so as to not make any errors. And I would daily focus on all the wonderful things, material and experiential, that await me in my new home. Moving into a new house is really opening a new door into your destiny--anything can happen, and it could be fantastic!

A little cottage in England! I watched too much British television growing up, as I still fantasize about having a plain thatched roof home in the Cotswolds, with wizened little country auntie neighbors that I could invite round for tea and homemade madeleines[for them], and a tragically widowed and handsome local attorney who might take a shine to me[coo!]. But then, the inevitable vicarage murder would happen, you know, and Inspector Morse would be called in with his cynical DSes from London, and everyone would become aloof and suspicious, and the handsome attorney would turn out to be the killer, and it would all get worse from there . . .

I hope your little cottage experience turns out smashingly well, Good Luck!

Date: June 30, 2009 03:33PM

Thanks Tamukha.I love your story but its Ireland! That's some good advice too. I will have to definately take it on board and am going to start tonight! As many Cds,books,clothes that I can bear to part with are all going to a charity shop. I wonder how it will feel to really release some stuff,material things. I reckon they have a bigger hold on us than we think. My mother did a spring clean lately and chucked lots of stuff she normally wouldn't and said she felt a lot freer and lighter after it.

Date: June 30, 2009 09:30PM

ROIRRAW,

Sorry, I thought for some reason you were in England : ) I think it'll be just fine to chuck out material things you don't need--there's a reason why we call old mental wounds "baggage." I know since I started slowly clearing some stuff out of my house that belonged to my deceased mother, I have felt much better, and not just mentally, but physically. You possess things you really need, or which give you pleasure, and I'm sure you can discern them. Everything else is either clutter, or stuff that you have around that serves no purpose other than to impede your personal evolution. Best gotten rid of! And in your case, things are going to charity, so you should feel extra special confident about the change you are making. I wish you a happy journey!

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 02, 2009 11:19PM

Good luck!
Its all worth it.
It took me 12 yrs to finally find a place to call home.
And nothing beats that feeling.

Vinny

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 04, 2009 05:00PM

man, i move So Freaking Much! across the country and back, and with kids too! restless soul who hasn't found the place that feels like home yet either... i thought i had it but it was So far away from all my family that i didn't stay. one day it will come though.

Date: July 31, 2009 04:38AM

Well, I did it! Can't believe it really. This is my first morning in my new place, 5.30 am and just after breakfast. Its was easier than I thought to be honest. Tamhuka's advice to work "methodically and gradually" worked a treat and everything seemed to flow. Going to go back to bed for a few hours and then get up and explore some running trails as there plenty of walks near the house. I'm all excited!!!!!

Date: July 31, 2009 01:35PM

ROIRRAW,

Congrats! You sound very happy! I am excited for you--keep us posted and enjoy the trails smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 31, 2009 02:31PM

yay for you! moving can be a ridiculous stress. i try to stretch it out over the longest time possible, the packing part i mean.
i thought we were going to move so i did tons of sorting and getting rid of and yardsaleing and giving away. but we're not moving so now i've just got a very organized house instead! except for the studio, that's alway a craftastrophe. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 31, 2009 06:09PM

Have fun in your new home, & enjoy exploring your surroundings!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables