Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Question : could you help me with this life situation?Thank you so much.
Posted by: cy ()
Date: July 01, 2009 12:54AM

I'd like to ask if anyone of you have the same "esue/situation/problem?" that I have. My husband is the one that helped me see all the problems that I was having with my body and mind. He told me and taught a lot about health. Because of him I stop coffee,meat,dairy, and than I started to go vegetarian,vegan,and raw vegan.
I started to do colonics,liver cleanse,kidney cleanses,everything.So,he started to get a little worried about me.I do understand and know that when I discover something that I love I go all the way and sometimes I get a little bit obsesive about it. I feel like Jonathan Livingston Seagull from Richard Bach's book. Have you read it? I always felt like that seagull. In fact I am that seagull.
So,he in a way pulls me back a little with fear that I'll hurst myself. I undestand him,and I love him,but I feel that I have to follow all that way what my heart desires,and right now I feel that I have to be the best that I am and clean myself compleately,detox myself completely from all the junk that I used to eat before.
Do you have something relate to it in your life?if so,how do you handle that?
Thank you so much guys.For all the support,you are amazing!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question : could you help me with this life situation?Thank you so much.
Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: July 01, 2009 03:10AM

Hmm...
Hi cy smiling smiley

Exactly what did you want help with, it sounds like your on to a good thing ? If you were wondering if you are being a bit compulsive, then I'd say the easy answer is this... do you feel good about what your doing, or are you avoiding a natural tendency by doing it ?

I have discovered for myself that if I ever feel bad about something in my behaviour such as what I choose to eat etc... that this feeling perpetuates the behaviour itself. Conversley to this, my healthy habbits are only ever maintained by their practice being motivated by nothing but desire.

In other words, if I feel good about what I am doing, it is all good. If I feel bad about what I am doing, then I end up doing the things that I feel bad about because I feel bad. In a nutshell its this, if you are feeling good about what you are doing, then I think it can only be good for you.
Hope that helps.

Date: July 01, 2009 04:34AM

Oh,helped a lot Lightform. Thank you.
I really feel good about what I am doing and want more. I want to go all the way,and this,I believe makes his "afraid" of me hurting myself. Maybe he thinks that I am being compulsive,like you said,but I am feeling good. After I found this way of life,I want to live in it and discover more,doing more,getting all the good things.
If I am being compulsive,I don't care because it makes me feel good.You have a good,wonderful point.
Maybe some people go slower,but I don't,I go fast and if I could I would go on the speed of light. Thank you so much.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 01, 2009 06:03AM

well you can over-do things. anything to excess really isnt good for you, and you already said in your first post that you become obsessive about things. Obsession is a state of mind that *can* get out of control.

there is nothign wrong with wanting to be clean and dettox'd but IF that is the ONLY way that will make you happy AND it consumes more of your time then anything else in your life, then i think maybe you can be a bit too obssessive about it .. doing liver, kidney, colon, etc etc cleanses all the time over and over can probly start having a negative affect over time espeecially if they are all sorts of herbal blends

and at one point will you know when you are *COMPLETELY* clean? and will you ever be happy even if you dont reach that point? Do you wish that occasionally you could just eat, and not think about whether it’s good for you? Is it impossible to imagine going through a whole day without paying attention to your diet, and just living and loving? Do you have trouble remembering that love, and joy, and play and creativity are just as and sometimes more important than food?

if you are not sure of some of the answers than you might be a bitt too obsessive about it smiling smiley

im just saying this and asking these out of kindness, even tho its probably not what you want to hear. I have a LONGGGGGGGGGG history of eating disorders and quite frankly some of your initial statements in your first post just jump right out of the page at me smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2009 06:12AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 01, 2009 02:19PM

Hi Cy,

I agree with Jodi's post.

He is your husband and I assume he is telling you this out of love and there could be something to his concerns. Sometimes when people are so focused on a goal, it might be hard to see the big picture. If you are obsessed, you might not notice problems from that until well after you start having negative effects. I think our bodies naturally push out all impurities and when we are replacing those with only pure, healthy foods we eventually are clean and healthy. If you feel like you have to get bad stuff out, why? Your body is already doing that naturally. Eating fiber is the natural cleanse, right?

Funny,I have heard lots of references to Jonathan Livingston Seagull lately. I think I need to read it again.

Date: July 01, 2009 10:34PM

Jodi..
you must look like a female version of your logo picture ? Those are wise words indeed. I totally agree, and I think that a part of the whole picture of health, is definately a freedom from "set form". If one cannot be happy unless they are eating a certain way, ( even when it is healthy ), then one cannot hope to truely attain lasting health.

Date: July 02, 2009 02:16AM

Thanks guys. Maybe I have to think about that. I get so much into the things that I love that I don't see anything else. Maybe he is telling me to slow down and I am hearing something else.

Date: July 02, 2009 07:19AM

Cy
I don't think there is anything wrong with fast smiling smiley. Being passionate about things is the spice of life, and doing things 110% is all good IMO. I am realy refering to the balance, where you don't resist the areas of life that don't fit with the program. If your focus is that specific, then your enthusiasm will inherently convey fanaticism. If your at peace with all of your choices regardless, and are choosing this specific one because you WANT to, then I feel it is a beautifull and healthy thing.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 02, 2009 08:04AM

cy

maybe it is semantics
one could say "obsessive" or one could say " highly focused"

one could assume that being highly focused in one area of one's life is mutually exclusive of having a beautiful life or one could also entertain the idea that having one area of one's life managed beautifully will spill into other areas of one's life in a positive fashion

it all depends on what lense you look through

i tend to assume that cy is having an adventure being her most radiant best health wise and that is something to be proud of rather than "concerned" about

when someone's kidney, liver, heart , spleen and brain is poisoned by SAD and is doing nothing about it, THAT is the time to be "concerned"

Reality Check 101

Date: July 02, 2009 05:09PM

aww thanks lifeform ! *hugs you till you make a squeeky toy noise!* =)

Date: July 02, 2009 06:18PM

Yes La Veronique,I feel that I am having an adventure and being the most radiant healh wise and I feel so good about that!!!! Maybe I am too much excited and happy about that that makes my husband very worried.
Last month I went to my friends house at night and started to play with her 6 year old son.It was about 8 pm and we were playing cars like we were the most amazing and faster car drivers in the world.It was so fun for me and for him,and we were laughing a lot when my friend,his mother ,came and asked me to come down because he had to prepare to go to bad.We had to stop playing and both of us were extremly frustrating and sad. Was just awful and he as so sad to having to go to sleep insteed of having a blasting fun pretending that he was a car driver.
That. I feel that I have to calm down because the majority of people need to "go to sleep,or are in a stage of sleeping". Or maybe I want to be too much awake,or maybe I found out that I was sleeping but now I see the light and don't want to be in that state again. Well,all of you guys are right in a way. Thank you so much.

Date: July 02, 2009 07:46PM

i think your right Cy there is no *RIGHT* answer smiling smiley i think you just have to respect yourself and understand what other people are feeling about it too and then decide from there smiling smiley

i think your husband is coming from a place of love as well, and just showing concern, and perhaps he wants a little bit of your attention maybe? smiling smiley

Date: July 04, 2009 12:31AM

Thank you so much Jodi,you are super wise. Yes,maybe he wants some attention,and sometimes I feel that he feels a little bit behind all this raw-healthy- things.He feels a little gilt because he said "he can't follow me as I go so fast".But I never asked anything from him,I think everyone of us has a path and also a way of doing it,a rhythm. My rhythm is fast and I can't slow down. Sometimes I suffer because I want results as fast as my behavior,but I can't control it. I think I will never,or maybe I will,in the further future,change a little bit. Sometimes I would like to just enjoy the ride,and have fun,but I get so crazy...Do you have any recipe for slowing down? I do meditate every day,and that helps a lot,but ....any other tips from the wise banana eating buddhist?
Thank you so much.

Date: July 04, 2009 01:00AM

hehe see when you say that he says he cant follow you because you go to fast

imagine you are like running on an oval race track and he is walking the same track .. so next lap around walk with him a just a little bit and show him something new before you sprint off for the next lap around the track smiling smiley right now maybe you are running several times around the track without stopping and all he sees is the back of your running shoes lol smiling smiley

i do tai chi or qi gong either one at least once a day , they are very similar but i like to mix them up smiling smiley there is many youtube video instructions on ether one smiling smiley

gardening for me is very calming

a couple of times a month i visit different denominations of churces or temples to quietly sit and absorb other peoples faiths , it usually makes for an interesting 1-2 hours on a weekend here and there

and i also meditate, sometimes in the bath sometimes out, i soak alot in water sometimes cold or hot depending how i feel , i am very drawn to water , water always seems to be a safe and quiet place for me i can go swimming in a lake or ocean and just lose the rest of the world its just me and myself and i hehe smiling smiley

Date: July 04, 2009 11:48AM

cy:

you say you go too fast
and you want to slow down
try this: go even FASTER!! and then it will force you to equillibriate to a more optimal pace

it may take a while though.. its a good way to calibrate the energies by simply shaking off excess energy ( by going even faster... til you hit a wall) so that one can then operate with just the right energy

does this make sense?

try it and let me know what you think

this is not the opposite of what jgunn says

it can work in concert

when you slow down ( after going faster)

then you can perhaps hang out with your buddy/spouse on the oval tracks!!

a lil while longer

its kinda touching that jgunn and you say that he probably wants attention

awwwwwww!!

give him some attention, then... a beautifuul thing to want attention from someone and receiving it toogrinning smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 04, 2009 03:07PM

la_veronique,

I am reading your post and thinking of that passage in "Through the Looking Glass," when Alice and the Red Queen are racing madly across the checkerboard and don't actually get anywhere.

Hmmm, Cy, symbolism. Slow down and be attentive. You won't get there any sooner going fast, but you may tire yourself out. And that's no good.

Date: July 04, 2009 11:33PM

Jodi,thank you so much. Going to churches is a good idea. I'll do that. I did tai-chi many years ago,and I loved it. I'm planting some fruit tree lately,from seeds and I have 5 lemons,2 apples,1 avocado.And I meditate sometimes thinking that I am inside of a thunderstorm.Ah!I love the warm feeling of my thunderstom.

La Veronique,good idea.I'll go fast like Speedy Gonzales (remember him from Buggs Bunny?) I'll tell you how I'm doing.Thank you.

Tamukha,I think that one part of me,the part that is the strongest,is the faster and I go through worm holes every day since a child.Have you have the feeling of a spaceship through a worm hole?That's me inside. Sometimes my energy is so intense that people think I'm 2 year old.It is weird. When I do calm down my mother always think either I'm depressive or sick.
I'll try to slow down after I hit La Veronique's wall (ahiba,ahiba!!speedy Gonzales!!!!) Thanks.

Date: July 05, 2009 11:21AM

speed has its beauty
slowness has its dark side

not all slowness is tai chi like, graceful, beautiful and to be worshipped

sometimes slow can mean being: sluggish, not comprehending things quickly enough, unwilling to make decent progress at an acceptable rate, not sharp, etc.

speed does not always mean to miss details either or to chase one's own tail

it could be attributed to alacrity, clarity, energy, precision, and ability to comprehend something and thus be able to progress at a more accelerated pace

I don't think cy's dilemma has anything to do with her style... I think her dilemma is that she operates to the beat of a different drummer

maybe the rest of the world needs to catch up to her

after all, life is soooooooo short

if the entire world stopped worshipping the zen like turtle

and saw the zen like qualities of the hare

progress could take place

Date: July 05, 2009 11:23AM

some people say that the only way to go fast is to go slow

thus if you want to slow down, go fast

if you haven't experienced this

there is no explanation that will make sense to you

Date: July 06, 2009 01:59AM

La Veronique,I am speechless,thank you so much.

Date: July 06, 2009 08:49AM

cy

there is this passage in a book i read where the student says:

" What do I do if I find that I am lost?"

the master says: stop thinking and just follow your subconscious. it will lead you.

you seem like a person who is lead by her own spirit

brava!!

Date: July 07, 2009 04:06PM

Thanks again and again La Veronique. God/The High Spirit bless you.

Date: July 09, 2009 11:23AM

I feel truly blessed, actually

i honestly have no doubt that i am the luckiest person on planet earth

right now

Date: July 10, 2009 12:28AM

Good for you La Veronique. I'm getting there.

Date: July 10, 2009 06:45AM

grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables