Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

KWAN!!! you wonderful artist you!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 03, 2009 04:26PM

Sharrhan thank you SO much for the awsome parcel of crafty goodness you sent me! if you have pics you should post them here for all to see. gorgeous!!!
guys, you should just see this wonderful little angel/butterfly/goddess bag i got, filled with the best inspirational quotes from a Book She WROTE! no joke, just awsome. i took the cards over to my friend's place 'cause he's having a bit of a down time right now and he read them ALL and wants to know if you've written songs with them (he's a musician too). you made his day, both of us actually. and my mom too, she loves that butterfly woman. make more! make TONS! you could set up a stand with paintings and jewelry and little bags when you busk, you'd make a killing girl. you could have a tape deck to play your music when you take a break to make sales too so your music is always playing, attracting. do it! btw, greeting cards are an excellent seller, people get to take away a very affordable little copy of your art. your stuff would make terrific cards.

xxoo, JOY!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: KWAN!!! you wonderful artist you!
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 03, 2009 05:42PM

Kwan.....Is your art for sale? I wonder how I'd feel
with an original Sharrhan in my house?....WY

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 03, 2009 09:30PM

I still have the handmade thank-you card that kwan sent me with the CDs of her music that I ordered. I have it propped on a shelf of my bookcase, and I notice something new in the multicolored geometric forms on the face of it every time I look at it. It's like a kaleidoscope. It's so beautiful!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 04, 2009 01:07AM

Oh wow, you guys... I'm feeling so great right now! Came home on a break from working a double shift monitoring the street performers, and found Coco's note... and WY's note... and Tamukha's note! Thanks!!!!

Coco, what folks don't know is that you first sent me an exquisitely beautiful winged goddess, and that was what inspired my butterfly-being. I've got pictures of both, and I'll post them shortly, side-by-side.

Tonight I'm starting on a second butterfly-being to give to my friend who's in the hospital. She loves peach and orange, so I think I'll make another one just like the one for her very similar to the one I sent you.

Love you guys!!!
XOXOXOXOX

(Now back to the Square to finish out my shift.)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 04, 2009 01:12AM

WY--
I do sell my art from time to time, and have even had beadwork and handpainted silk at a couple of galleries, but a lot of the time I just haven't pursued it that much. Maybe now's the time. I do paintings (and I make color xeroxes of them on heavy stock which look really cool; also mount them on art cards sometimes) and I also do beadwork: jewelry and little 'people.' Finally, I write a little, and my latest project involved what I called 'Butterfly Cards.' They're sort of like those 'Angel Cards,' only a little different in orientation--- definitely motivational and spiritually oriented. I'll post some pics soon.

Now if only I was more disciplined and there were more hours in the day! But hey, you guys are convincing me that the little voice in the back of my head that urges me to do more artwork is worth listening to. :-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 04, 2009 04:25AM

Sharrhan you are pretty , talented, smart, funny upside down, inside out, left , right frontwards and backwards smiling smiley

amazing !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: July 04, 2009 04:26AM

[color=navy[Here are those photos:

First, Coco's amazing winged goddess of radiant purple energies; I just love her:

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/soulmatrix/IMG_2335-1.jpg[/IMG]

And here's the butterfly-being embellished bag I sent to Coco:

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/soulmatrix/IMG_2564.jpg[/IMG]

Finally, here are the quotes that I printed on my 'Butterfly Cards,' that were taken from a book I wrote but never published:

TO ELIMINATE WHAT YOU DON’T WANT TO BE
YOU MUST ILLUMINATE WHAT YOU DO WANT TO SEE

IF IT FEELS GOOD, PROCEED WITHOUT FEARS
IF IT FEELS BAD, YOU NEED TO SWITCH GEARS

EVERY THOUGHT HAS A DISTINCT VIBRATION
SO STAY IN THE CURRENT OF LOVE AND ELATION

SHADOWS OF CONTRAST APPEAR REAL IN THE NIGHT
BUT FLEE IN THE MORNING WHEN FLOODED WITH LIGHT

YOU CAN ACCEPT WHAT YOU OBSERVE AND PERCEIVE
OR YOU CAN CREATE WHAT YOU DESIRE AND BELIEVE

THE SECRET IS VISION AND PLANTING THE SEED—
MORE ATTENTION TO FEELING AND LESS TO THE DEED

LOOK AROUND YOU—DO YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?
YOU CAN TRANSFORM YOUR WORLD WITH MIND IMAGER

YOU WIELD IMMENSE POWER AS A POSITIVE ATTRACTOR
BUT LOSE IT BY BEING A MERE PASSVE REACTOR

IDEAS OF ‘KARMA’ AND ‘DESTINY’ HIDE YOUR GREATNESS--
WORN ROBES TO SHED, FOR YOU ARE PURE AND WEIGHTLESS

THE KINGDOM WITHIN IS THE PLACE OF CONCEPTION
OF WHICH THE SENSE WORLD IS A MERE REFLECTION

TO PARTICIPATE FULLY IN DIVINE ENERGY’S DANCE:
VIBRATE UNCONDITIONAL LOVE IN EVERY CIRCUMSTANCE

TODAY IS QUITE SIMPLY THE VERY FIRST DAY
AND YOU CAN WRITE A WONDERFUL NEW PLAY!

WHEN YOU ARE BEING A JOY GENERATOR,
DREAMS COME TRUE SOONER RATHER THAN LATER

DAILY UNIFY WITH THE WORLD OF TRUE FORM
WERE ONLY PERFECT, PURE FREEDOM IS THE NORM

FEEL YOUR GOALS AS A PRESENT REALITY
AS YOU FALL ASLEEP AND SOON THEY WILL BE

IGNORE THE APPEARNCE WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU COAL,
CREATING DIAMONDS AS YOU PRESS ON TO YOUR GOAL

ABANDON THE MISTS OF FORM WITHOUT A BACKWARD GLANCE
AND SOAR ABOVE THE ILLUSION THAT IT’S ALL A GAME OF CHANCE

THERE IS NO BATTLE—YOU’RE TOTALLY FREE!
AND EVERY CHALLENGE IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY

LIVING BY GRACE, YOU MAY DO WHAT YOU PLEASE
AND WATCH ALL THAT IS GOOD FLOW TO YOU WITH EASE

LET THE DIVINE CURRENT WITHIN EVERY CELL
SING CONTINUALLY, ‘AH! ALL IS WELL!’

SHE WHO HAS TRUE POWER ALWAYS IMPERSONALIZES
EACH AND EVERY NEGATIVE ELEMENT AS IT ARISES

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW IS DEEP WITHIN YOU
AND ALL YOU NEED TO HAVE IS ALREADY WITHIN VIEW

YOU CAN SIFT THE MIRE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POND
OR TURN YOUR GAZE TO THE STARS AND BEYOND

TO HEAL SELF AND OTHERS, LET THE CAUSE HAVE NO NAME,
ATTACHING NO ERROR AND ASSIGNING NO BLAME

YOUR LIFE’S TRUE MISSION IS TO SIMPLY BEHOLD
YOUR INFINITE NATURE AND GENTLY LET IT UNFOLD

THOUGH VOICES ABOUND THAT SAY IT’S NOT SO,
YOUR TRUE STATE OF BEING IS AN EFFORTLESS FLOW.

DON’T SWEAT THE DETAILS IN YOUR ACTS OF CREATION:
ALIGN YOURSELF INSTEAD WITH THE MATCHING VIBRATION

COME SOAR ABOVE THE ENDLESS PAIRS OF OPPOSITES,
HIGH ABOVE DUALITY’S BLISS AND DOOM PROPHETS

PLUMB THE DEPTHS WITHIN; YOU ARE TRULY FREE,
FOR IN THE INNER SILENCE YOU’RE IN ETERNITY.

THE EASIEST WAY TO FEEL REALLY GREAT:
APPRECIATE, APPRECIATE, AND APPRECIATE!

AS YOU LEARN THE ART OF PRE-SCRIPTING YOUR LIFE
YOU’LL OVERCOME OLD BELIEFS IN FATE AND STRIFE

EXTERNAL REALITY IS ALWAYS SECONDARY TO THE DIVINE
ITS MOTHER, THE FORMLESS WOMB OF SPACE/TIME

YOU’RE HERE TO CREATE A SPLENDID MASTERPIECE,
A LIFE FILLED WITH LOVE, JOY AND INFINITE INCREASE

AS YOU PLY THIS FLOWING RIVER OF TIME AND SPACE
KEEP THE PRESENT MOMENT EVER BEFORE YOUR FACE

TO REALIZE YOUR GOAL AND INTENSIFY ITS FIRE
NOURISH IT LONG WITH YOUR LOVE AND DESIRE

RECOGNIZE THE INFLUENCE OF THE COLLECTIVE MASS MIND,
EVER VIGILANT TO NULLIFY ITS EFFECT ON HUMANKIND[/color]

Date: July 04, 2009 04:47AM

P.S.: THis one has a typo:

WERE ONLY PERFECT, PURE FREEDOM IS THE NORM

should read:

WHERE ONLY PERFECT, PURE FREEDOM IS THE NORM

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 04, 2009 11:43AM

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

love it lOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beautiful splendid make me smilesmiling smiley
thanking The Kwan for moments of freedom as i look at her artwork and read her poem

coco: woww... cool angel!!

Date: July 04, 2009 01:21PM

Thank you, LaV!

Just noticed another typo:

LOOK AROUND YOU—DO YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?
YOU CAN TRANSFORM YOUR WORLD WITH MIND IMAGER

should read:

LOOK AROUND YOU—- DO YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?
YOU CAN TRANSFORM YOUR WORLD WITH MIND IMAGERY

The quotes are typed onto colored stock, and then glued onto the middle of clear plastic cards that I cut out of the kind of plastic that's used for doing shrink art-- I forget what it's called. I had some around and had never used it for its intended purpose, and it was perfect; I put my paper cutter to good use making all the cards.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 04, 2009 03:17PM

kwan,

These are wonderful axioms! This one's my favorite:
SHADOWS OF CONTRAST APPEAR REAL IN THE NIGHT
BUT FLEE IN THE MORNING WHEN FLOODED WITH LIGHT

I may make that my new mantra, when meditating on that " . . . darkling plain swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight . . . "

Thank you.

Date: July 04, 2009 05:04PM

any time ver, any time you want that joylet sent to you it's in the making... i would be honoured.

those cards w the inspirational qoutes are so great, i have angel cards that i like but these are 10 times better at least! just reach in and grab one every day for a mantra to keep you in the light. nice.

Date: July 06, 2009 09:24AM

it seems like just yesterday when i climbed on this beautiful ship of a site and started sending out my little joylets

that was when jose was around a lot more

and that danish girl

me, jose and that danish girl used to make a bunch of stories about polar bears and micronesia LOLsmiling smiley

then there was that guy ... was his name piotrek, or something? help me out coco... u know who he is... he was a cool guy too!

he was into blending and eating stinging nettles in his smoothies

he had such great energy

wish he were back here

then there was singinraw who would write stories about magic beanstalks

then there was that Mark guy ( forget his last name he wrote)

and he was really into his cool natural shampoos

hmmmmmm..... seems like a blink of an eye

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 06, 2009 07:37PM

Oh you guys, you had me balling.

I was all a flutter reading the wonderful compliments and then I started reading Kwan's quotes and I just started balling.

My mother had a heart attack Wednesday night. I had to go to her in Houston. I had an old friend find me after 15 years on facebook that I hooked up with when I was there and reconnected in a big way with him and my husband moved to an apartment yesterday.

I am a mess, yet feel so great. I can't explain it. When I read this thread I was so filled with love and happiness and feel more sure about myself than I ever have. I feel so lucky to know all of you wonderful souls. I love you all!

With lots of love,
Kise'

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 06, 2009 10:05PM

Kise if i could reach out and give you a great big hug right now i would !

sorry to hear about your mom , is she going to be allright .. i mean as allright as can be expected?

thats cool about the old friend , ya ive met a few from the past too and its really neat .. probably my fave thing about facebook smiling smiley its funny to talk about where are lives went when most of us parted ways from school

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: July 06, 2009 10:27PM

hey Jodi,

thanks for the virtual hug. It is exactly what is needed.

I don't know how my mom is. My sister says there is something big she hasn't told the rest of us and to be prepared. She is stable and seems good now. They started lots of tests today. She is in one of the best places in the world to be sick (St. Luke's in the Houston Medical Center), so that is good. She has been drinking hard for nearly fifty years and has been a heavy smoker for just as long. It is amazing she has lasted this long. There are lots of changes in store for her now and that is scary. She will have to go to a special care facility at least for a little while. This may seem silly, but our biggest concern is her poodles. She needs her dogs with her and that can't happen.

Seeing my old friend was really great. Facebook is amazing. We were good friends for ten years, all through high school and then after. It had been 15 years since seeing each other and it is crazy how you can just pick up with the friendship, remembering all the things you had in common that made you friends in the first place.

Sorry to take the thread away. I was just so moved by those quotes and they felt so relevant for my life right now.

You are an amazing person Kwan. I feel so lucky to know you, albeit cyber world.

Date: July 06, 2009 11:54PM

Kise,

Love you too, you sweetheart! I'm glad the quotes resonated with a few people-- I wrote that 'book' over 10 years ago, even had a few copies printed up, and then kind of forgot about it and put the manuscript away in a folder on the shelf.

I'm so sorry about your mom. My mom had a fairly bad heart attack a few years back, and I know how bad it feels not to know what's going on. I hope your mom's situation turns out like my mother's: she had a near death experience of some sort that seemed to completely change her emotional circuitry (but left her intelligence and logic systems, motor corrdination, etc. intact), and almost overnight she turned into a gloriously happy and radiantly loving individual who practically bubbles over with enthusiasm and kindness.

You and I are kindred spirits, for sure, Kise. I was reading 'Autobiography of a Yogi' (again, for probably the 10th time in my life) Saturday night, and I was sobbing like a little kid; especially reading the stories about Babaji. That book always has a powerful impact on me: it always fills me with a kind of joyous ecstasy and at the same time inspires me to change my life considerably for the better.

Date: July 07, 2009 12:18AM

Hi Kwan,

Thanks for the well wishes. Whatever happens with my mom I can take comfort in the fact that our relationship turned around about 10 years ago.
We are in a good place together. I am trying to help my sister get there with her too.

What a great story about your mom. Something wonderful can come out of something scary. I hope that happens in our situation.

I don't know that book. Maybe I should try to find it at the library. It sounds like something I could use right now.

Date: July 07, 2009 02:50AM

range">Here's the book cover of Autobiography of a Yogi:

and here's a picture of Babaji:

I got my latest edition of the book for $1 at Goodwill.

Coco, sorry, we stole your thread and ran with it!

Date: July 07, 2009 02:54AM

My favorite kinds of threads are the ones like this. They feel more like conversations and I learn things I didn't expect to.

Date: July 07, 2009 03:08AM

I love them too-- it feels like a bunch of friends getting together at someone's back fence and having a good gab session. (My, I'm feeling colorful tonight.)

Actually, I'm using the bright colors to divert myself from remembering stressful stuff that happened this weekend. (It's working!) Saturday I had the flu for several hours (fever, chills, tummy trouble...). Then last night I had to give 3 sets of tickets ($150) to one band last night that was 'the band from Hell' who thought they were the masters of the universe, and in complete control of Harvard Square and me-- I showed them otherwise, har har, even though they will contest the tickets and I'll have to face them in court. (I'll prevail.) Then tonight I played at a jam, and there was a LOT of tension on stage, and I couldn't see the music in the dark, and I was picking up on everybody's tension and bad vibes and freaked (I'm an empath), so I left the stage mid-song and went home. Whew! LONG weekend. But I'm fine now. It really helps to just divert and have a pleasant thought or conversation.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Date: July 07, 2009 12:57PM

Thanks for sharing, Kwan. You know hearing that I am not the only one in the Universe going through stressful times is good for me. It's only life, after all!

I am glad you are decompressed and colorful now.smiling smiley

Date: July 07, 2009 03:30PM

pakd4fun,

Hope your mom gets better, and more "well" soon, and hope that she and her doggies can cope during their separation.

kwan,

Remember[I'm sure I need not remind you] that you have a big purple force field of magnificence around you at all times--travel without doubt!

Date: July 07, 2009 05:30PM

>Remember[I'm sure I need not remind you] that you have a big purple force field of magnificence around you at all times--travel without doubt!<

Powered Up with my magnificent
PURPLE SHIELD!!!!

(Last night I was a little apprehensive too, because I used a swear word for the first time in 5 years of monitoring, in dealing with these irritating musicians Sunday night-- totally not in character for me-- and I was afraid my boss would be pissed. However, she hugged me today and told me she probably would have done the same thing. Hee hee!)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 07, 2009 06:37PM

ooh, it's just a big ole love fest in here! see the magic that craftiness creates? it's not about the craft, it's about the inspiration...

healthy wishes for the mamas, all of yous. wish everyone knew the secret that we know here, eh? the magical power of eating and living well. i'm glad we have discovered it at least.

marcos of the soap and whipped shea butter, yes i surely do remember him. contentious fella, full of good stuff too though.
piotrek is a proud papa, we keep in touch. i love that sweet dude, he's wonderful.
sure wish i knew where river fraggle was though, she's lost with brems. ppl come and go here, just like in life. bitter sweet, the knowing.

Date: July 07, 2009 07:54PM

Thanks for the well wishes Tamukha and coco.

I love the love fest and I hope someday everyone will know the secret we know in here. The magic power within us all.

Kwan, your boss sounds cool. Sounds like you did a good job too. I know how it feels to second guess yourself and be disappointed that you might have been able to handle something better, but maybe you couldn't have.

Date: July 09, 2009 11:20AM

hey coco

wow

piotrek is a proud papa? he'll probably feed his baby green smoothies and the kid will grow up to be able to fly ( without a planesmiling smiley

yeah, marcos... shea butter and shampoo... he was cool ... wonder where he is
where are ya marcos???

brems... yeah. she was great too ... yoga and photography divasmiling smiley

miss them all

hope they come visit again soon

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables