Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Costa Rica , happy and green smiling smiley
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 06, 2009 04:20PM

i like the last line .. costa rica is a peacefull place ..it has no army ... smiling smiley

Costa Rica tops happiness, 'green living' poll
Posted Sat Jul 4, 2009 1:34pm PDT
votes
Buzz up!

Tourists enjoy the "Pineapple Tour" at the "Finca Corsicana" in Sarapiqui, 100 km north from San Jose in 2008. Costa Rica is the happiest place on earth, and one of the most environmentally friendly, according to a new survey by a British non-governmental group.(AFP/File/Mayela Lopez)
SAN JOSE (AFP) - Costa Rica is the happiest place on earth, and one of the most environmentally friendly, according to a new survey by a British non-governmental group.

The New Economics Foundation looked at 143 countries that are home to 99 percent of the world's population and devised an equation that weighed life expectancy and people's happiness against their environmental impact.

By that formula, Costa Rica is the happiest, greenest country in the world, just ahead of the Dominican Republic.

Latin American countries did well in the survey, occupying nine of the top 10 spots.

Australia scored third place, but other major Western nations did poorly, with Britain coming in at 74th place and the United States at 114th.

The New Economics Foundation's measurements found Costa Ricans have a life expectancy of 78.5 years, and 85 percent of the country's residents say they are happy and satisfied with their lives.

Those figures, taken along with the fact that Costa Rica has a small "ecological footprint," combined to push the small nation to the top of the list.

A 2006 New Economics Foundation study designated Vanuatu the world's happiest nation, with Costa Rica at second place.

Sociologist Andrea Fonseca said Costa Rica gives its citizens the "tools" to be happy, but cautioned that happiness cannot be calculated just by looking at life expectancy and environmental practices.

She added that the country's rise to the top of the Happy Planet Index "has a lot to do with social imagination."

Costa Rica has a peaceful reputation because it does not have an army, and is also known for its protected ecological zones and national slogan "pure life," she said.

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Costa Rica , happy and green smiling smiley
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 07, 2009 12:24AM

geeez

maybe i ought to just up and move

either there

or australia

Date: July 07, 2009 12:48AM

i had an aunt and uncle who spent a good part of 50% of their lives between canada and costa rica smiling smiley

bless their resting souls they were two of the most interesting people in my family smiling smiley maybe they were onto something !

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 07, 2009 01:03AM

Makes me want to move for sure.

Date: July 07, 2009 02:09AM

me too hun lol me too tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 07, 2009 02:54AM

I have an American raw food eating friend who lives there, and she loves it and considers it paradise. She thinks we're crazy to stay here in the States. The 3 big complaints I hear from people who have spent some time in C.R. is a) lots of bugs b) lots of strange critters, and c) the culture is apparently quite macho, and some American women find it really intimidating.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 07, 2009 02:57PM

"The 3 big complaints I hear from people who have spent some time in C.R. is a) lots of bugs b) lots of strange critters, and c) the culture is apparently quite macho, and some American women find it really intimidating."

Sounds like Louisiana. LOL!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 07, 2009 05:31PM

hahahahahaha!!!!!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables