Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What is the meaning of your screen name?
Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: July 26, 2009 03:24AM

Ok, I'll be the first to go, though it's probably mostly obvious. "Music" is because I am a musician and love music, and "bebe" is sort of like "baby" but cooler. What is the meaning of, and why did you choose your screen name?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2009 03:25AM by musicbebe.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is the meaning of your screen name?
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 26, 2009 06:36PM

I am Sundancer because I love the sun, and I love to dance. I am from California and live in New England where the sun visits once in a while lately, and lemme tell you I miss it!!! I'm one of those people who always has a tan (even here) because I am outside a lot, playing in my yard or going for a walk. I also love to go to festivals and dance all day. If I go to a wedding and no one is dancing, I'll be the lone one. Or I'll dance at home just for fun. Two of my favorite things -- the sun and dancing!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 26, 2009 06:49PM

coco, short for coco-mama which got eaten in the tragic site and archives catastrophe of years gone by. these name are so straightforward so far... mama because i am one and coco because when i was "insane" raw (you know, where you obsess about every teeny weeny little detail?) i was trying to figure out how to replace everything in the house/in my life that was made of metal, plastic, clay, glass, etc with something totally non-wasteful and i hit on coconut shells as my miracle answer to everything. they make great bowls, cups, cutlery and other utensils, jewlrey, candle holders, soap dishes, fridge storage containers, bulk food containers, etc etc etc, and they were just going into the trash anyhow. unfortunately i never did figure out how to get all the coconut out of the shells and there is NOTHING quite so rancidly stinky as rotting coco flesh, lemme tell ya! and fortunately i got over myself and learned to loosen up a but. whew.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 26, 2009 08:02PM

J for Jodi
Gunn for my family name smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 27, 2009 04:35AM

I'm 'kwan' because I needed a name that hadn't been taken yet (all those cute rawfoodist fruity names are generally already taken, and anyway, I'm not sure I could pull off 'blueberrybliss' or 'peacefulkumquat'), so I had to make up a simple one syllable name that had a nice subty mystical but modern ring to it... perhaps only in my mind!, lol.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 27, 2009 05:55AM

Actually, her name is The Kwan

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 27, 2009 11:36AM

coco -

I guess one could say you went "cuckoo" for coconuts! hahahaha winking smiley

juicer - katz

well, the first part is obvious enough; In my quest for better health, juicing was the first step I took.

katz - that is a reference to a character in the cartoon "Courage the cowardly dog". One of my son's fav. cartoons, so we just put the two together.

Corny maybe, but it works...

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: July 27, 2009 11:55AM

Im riverhousebill because in the rual community I live we have Two dollar Bill, four conners bill, mayor Bill, and Barnicle Bill. I live on the river
and used to have a music production co called riverhouse productions
yes its Billville here

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 27, 2009 03:09PM

>used to have a music production co called riverhouse productions<

Wow! Didn't know that, Bill-- cool!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 27, 2009 04:46PM

Love the thread!

I am PAKD, an anogram from the names in my family, and I like having fun smiling smiley. I created it before my son came along, so I want to change it. This is the only place I use it anymore. Any suggestions?

It is fun reading your posts and learning new things about you guys.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 27, 2009 06:54PM

Oh yeah, coco, I dehydrated the crap out of a coconut shell and use it as a bowl. It worked well.

Date: July 27, 2009 08:11PM

see hun i always thought it was "Packed for Fun" ..like you an yourfamily are always ready to hit the road an go have a good time lol smiling smiley

funny how we interprete things all differently tongue sticking out smiley

Date: July 27, 2009 08:26PM

first of all 'peacefulkumquat' *snort* too funny!

then "cuckoo" for coconuts! hahahaha winking smiley

ah, you guys are killin' me.

pakd4fun i thought that was packed for fun too! like you were always ready to hit the road on an adventure of good times.

my question to you then is how did you get the coco flesh OUT of the coconut before you dehydrated it? this is the issue. for me i smash that sucker into bits and pry the meat off of them. i can't cut a coco in half and get that stuff out effectively at all. it's impossible!

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 27, 2009 09:54PM

Eaglefly.
I am in major transition in my life and what could be freer than an eagle in flight.

Vinny

Posted by: cy ()
Date: July 28, 2009 01:41PM

cy is a nickname that my mother gave me and calls me .it pronunces "see" and it is a family name and i gave it because this site is my raw family site. my name is lucyane,

Date: July 30, 2009 10:14AM

pakd4fun

I thought the same thing too like you were just all geared up for funsmiling smiley
packing goji berries, cacao and cashew nuts in little containers and maybe a frisbee too (hee hee)

hey coco

i wanna know too how to get into a coconut without lopping my limbs off cuz usinga a cleaver cuz those things are super hard to get into and i just kinda gave up and i use the other young coconuts cuz they are softer and easier and i just shave the top off and put a straw and then sip the liquid and then cut into the white flesh later

but the other brown hairy coconut is , though not impossible, kinda gets on my nerves

eaglefly

super duper awesome visual of an eagle flying

cy

I SEE the light

smiling smiley

Date: July 30, 2009 04:59PM

you can get into a young coco pretty easy with a screw driver and a hammer, just bash off a small circle on top by wedging the driver in and giving it a good thump.
old coco though, she's a tough old bird.

Date: July 30, 2009 05:05PM

i have reverted to drilling a large hole in the coconut with a drill bit (i save just for my coconuts lol)

and then hack-sawing them in half once drained (with a hacksaw i save just for coconuts lol) to get the meat out smiling smiley

i find this makes less mess and coconut chips flying around the room smiling smiley

Date: July 30, 2009 06:20PM

There are youtube vids showing how to use the back edge of a cleaver blade to whack the coconut held in your hand, & it will separate into halves or close to it.

I don't use coconuts that often, but over the years I have been able to "halve" a coconut maybe 3 times. I suppose I could bet better w/ regular practice.

Date: July 30, 2009 06:59PM

Jodi, how do u get the meat out then? the old dig & pry or something easier?

Date: July 30, 2009 07:23PM

yea just dig and pry smiling smiley havent found a better way yet unfortunately smiling smiley althought to give you an idea how to really clean up the coco shells to use as bowls etc after i do use a small wire brush you put on the end of the drill and just grind out whats left and it seems to do the job perfecto smiling smiley

crap i think we (i) just hijacked this thread down a different road tongue sticking out smiley my bad ! so sorry musicbebe ~! lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2009 07:24PM by Jgunn.

Date: July 30, 2009 09:08PM

"clean up the coco shells to use as bowls etc after i do use a small wire brush you put on the end of the drill and just grind out whats left and it seems to do the job perfecto smiling smiley
"

jgunn - Are you the "handywoman" of the house, lol? If so, I have some work that needs done around mine! winking smiley

Date: July 30, 2009 09:20PM

lol juicerkatz yes i am in alot of ways ..i seem to have this knack of looking at something and being able to fix it, or change it , or modify it and make it work somehow someway tongue sticking out smiley

now if i could translate that ability to make some $$$ if be laughing tongue sticking out smiley

oh an coco if you trythe wirebrush drill thing make sure ya got the coconut shell locked down in a vice cuz you can quite easily spin it out of your hand and goddess help the person or pet in the line of that fire tongue sticking out smiley i have a dent in my wall to prove it tongue sticking out smiley

Date: July 31, 2009 07:47AM

i think i will need one of those chainsaw things small though just for coconuts
and i would probably also need one of those space suit helmets so that the chips don't get stuck in my eyes
and also i would want to put it in some sort of vice grip so it doesn't get out of my hand grip

coconuts seem so dangerous
i wonder if they were meant to be eaten at all

Date: July 31, 2009 02:41PM

hah ! well they fall in the category with me like pomegranates .. tasty but alot of work winking smiley

Date: July 31, 2009 04:19PM

i always wondered about companies that made pomegranate juice

i think of all the thousands of seeds that must be operated on
and not get the seed into the juice

that's a ton of work

though i don't mind the work involved in cracking macadamia nuts
specially if they fall from the tree onto the ground

they are fun to crack and eat

Date: July 31, 2009 06:08PM

la_veronique,

What is the meaning of your screen name? (Did I miss it?)

Date: August 01, 2009 10:53AM

It means " Goddess of the Pomegranate Leaves"

oh... by the way, did I spell goddess correctly?
also.. do pomegranates have leaves?

just wondering smiling smiley

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: August 04, 2009 12:01AM

Brian(first name) C (middle initial) S (last name). Can't remember how the 1 got in there.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: August 04, 2009 12:50AM

La Veronique Goddess of the Pomegranate Leaves, yes,it has leaves.
At home,in Brazil we have a promegranate tree.It is big and luxuous,very beautiful tree.

Thanks to `` see`` the light. In fact, for me you really see the light always.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables