Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Living a "raw" life?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 25, 2009 07:23PM

As we all know, when we do artificial things to our food... terrible things happen.

But what about our lives? What artificial things are we doing in them and what effect are they having?

Unlike with food, I think some "artificial" things in life can be useful. After all, most of us only discovered raw foods after using something artificial to educate or give ourselves knowledge about them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Living a "raw" life?
Date: August 25, 2009 09:10PM

cars, computers, houses, makeup, uncomfortable clothes and shoes, hair colour, a mulitude of casual chemicals used around the house and on the body... this and dozens of other details of daily living get discussed here all the time, we are one clean living bunch i think.
it's a pretty natural evolution to go from seeking a clean and healthy diet to seeking the same thing all over your life.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: August 25, 2009 09:36PM

This is all true, but I long for a "simpler" life a lot of the time. Some of the aspects of Amish living for example. Kind of like "homesteading", I guess.

SuperInfinity, empty your message inbox...I tried to send you a pm but it says your inbox is full. :-)

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 25, 2009 10:25PM

For starters, none of us should be on the 'pooter : )

I have only good, edifying conversations with people. I try to behave in an authentic way. I try not to do things for money or approval that are anathema to me.

I have switched to natural beauty care, house-cleaning, and other cleaning products. I buy organic everything. I feed my dog and guests natural food and drink. I walk in nature instead of on a treadmill whenever possible. I don't do or think anything uncharacteristic of me, because this is falsehood.

I'd love to live by sunlight hours, with candles as a backup, and to fill my hours with only useful, streamlined activity, but it's just not practicable: I am up against a wall with trying to find a non-toxic heating duct cleaner; I know the service is going to use something that may give me lymphoma. My dentist is puzzled by my not using plastic dental floss. I cannot bike or walk everywhere I need to go. I read books printed mechanically on paper.

You can make yourself crazy trying to be "real." Unfortunately.

Date: August 26, 2009 12:27AM

Okay sorry Juicerkatz, I'll empty out my inbox right now.

Thanks for the replies so far, really interesting. smiling smiley Personally I don't think computers are bad so long as they're used in the right way, even tiny cells communicate with each other so I don't see why this communication (or offline communication such as books) is inherently bad.

I try to only have meaningful conversations and do meaningful things as well, but I also use how I feel as a guide. I wish I could be totally self-sufficient as well, like get solar power to use my laptop and stuff.

Date: August 26, 2009 02:15AM

i did tell you my story about going bananas trying to naturalify everything, right? i was figuring out how to make all my stuff out of coconuts since they are naturally left over when you eat them and would be wasted anyhow. it was the only thing i'd consider at the time, i was getting rid of everything else. even fabric was out since it is manufactured in a factory. thread too, buttons and zips. i got rid of all my jewelry, anything metal i didn't want to wear, natural stones and shells are taken from the earth, those were out (only coconut shell jewelry, utensils, belt buckles). candles are made of wax stolen from bees, no go. i was ready to go live naked in the tropics somewhere, i kid you not. taking it to the extreme.
i've found some balance now though i long for a simpler life still in so many, many ways.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: August 26, 2009 08:05PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i did tell you my story about going bananas trying
> to naturalify everything, right? i was figuring
> out how to make all my stuff out of coconuts since
> they are naturally left over when you eat them and
> would be wasted anyhow. it was the only thing i'd
> consider at the time, i was getting rid of
> everything else. even fabric was out since it is
> manufactured in a factory. thread too, buttons and
> zips. i got rid of all my jewelry, anything metal
> i didn't want to wear, natural stones and shells
> are taken from the earth, those were out (only
> coconut shell jewelry, utensils, belt buckles).
> candles are made of wax stolen from bees, no go. i
> was ready to go live naked in the tropics
> somewhere, i kid you not. taking it to the
> extreme.
> i've found some balance now though i long for a
> simpler life still in so many, many ways.

lol, coco

I am moving in this direction as well; I find that it would help if you were working with a "like-minded" individual. If one person is not as "on-board" with the idea as much as you are, it would definantly be a difficult time...

The "creature comforts" of the convenient life are too appealing for most, since we have already experienced them. If I found the right "cave-woman", I suppose I would pursue this idea further! LOL

Date: August 29, 2009 11:49PM

Coco-cave-woman! Just don't nobody go dragging me off by my hair ok?

Really, I'm so darn tired of struggling on my own. People, where are our intentional communties?! I need some more members in my tribe... Every day is full of easy options that suck, plastic plastic and more plastic. UGH! We have to move off to a convenience store free environment so our kids grow up with some Real reality.

Date: August 31, 2009 01:25AM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Coco-cave-woman! Just don't nobody go dragging me
> off by my hair ok?
>
> Really, I'm so darn tired of struggling on my own.
> People, where are our intentional communties?! I
> need some more members in my tribe... Every day is
> full of easy options that suck, plastic plastic
> and more plastic. UGH! We have to move off to a
> convenience store free environment so our kids
> grow up with some Real reality.

I feel you more than you can imagine mama!

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: September 14, 2009 07:38PM

My Dear Hubby and I are very interested in living in an intentional community. We'd prefer people who are pagan or pagan-friendly, vegan and raw-friendly, and who are pretty serious about living lightly on the earth.

Other than that, I'd like to move to Ecuador - fresh fruit all year 'round, 12-hours of sunlight a day, all year 'round, slower, relaxed lifestyle, clean air and water, much,much, MUCH less crime, etc.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
We are all in this together!
Namasté

Date: September 14, 2009 08:28PM

RaeVynn, where are the rest of us sister? Love the earth, love the self, step lightly and go with G_d... Amen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables