Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Gratitude List
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 23, 2009 04:30AM

i cut the tip of my finger RIGHT OFF! Oh, so much blood. but it amazingly doesn't hurt and i can still type and sew xmas presents and do all the stuff i need to do even with this giant bandage on so i am Super extra grateful plus for that, lemme tell ya. and it made me slow down a bit too so hurray for self mutilation. kinda.

my kids are healthy and happy and dang smart too, little aced a spelling bee without even trying and he's way ahead of the rest of his class even though (because!) we homeschooled for the first couple of months.

i get to see the love of my life for a moment next week after an entire year apart. i'm so grateful for that, i can't even express how much. my whole being is abuzz and aglow. ~huuummmm~

oh, and i have internet access here at my mama's, and i'm at my mama's, and i am reading a Really, Really good book too.

and for all of you. winking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 23, 2009 05:53AM

dang coco how the heck did ya lose the digit !?!

im gratefull for you all too smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: December 23, 2009 01:16PM

Dunno about the rest of you, but I feel like over the last several months my general level of happiness and gratitude has multiplied amazingly. It feels like it is starting to come together, just when it seems we are heading into some "rough" times.

IMO wellbeing is a state of mind first, thing or place second. Gratitude is where its at !

Date: December 23, 2009 04:55PM

mandoline. always use the safety guard. Always! don't even be a little bit tempted or *snick* before you know it you prove to yourself just how sharp that sucker is...

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 24, 2009 05:14PM

I've got a lot of things to be grateful for this holiday season, (not the least of which is that I've just gotten over the flu, and I'm SO THANKFUL to be up and about again!!), but my biggest debt of gratitude has got to be for the joy of every so often being able to see that "'tis more blessed to give than to receive." I've learned that in having a giving heart, we don't 'give up' anything; our desires are likely purified, though, and we find that we get everything we need in life, without taking too much thought.

I'm also thankful that the human race is learning about balance-- that we cannot take and take and take and not have a negative impact on our planet and our collective well-being.

On a personal level, I'm most thankful for the love of my mate, Jonathan. The more I get to know him, the more I'm convinced he is the embodiment of everything I've ever wished and hoped for in a partner. What extraordinary good fortune it is to have a soulmate; may we never take them for granted!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: December 26, 2009 03:29AM

Awesome Kwan.
What you are saying is very real to me as well. Giving IS receiving ! It is the action that allows ones awareness to understand and perceive abundance.

Date: December 28, 2009 02:56AM

family! visits w long lost friends. a fire in the place and a tree in the room, snowman outside and large fluffy flakes in the air. time off from school! santa hats. kisses. staying up late and wallace and gromit. i'm having a great time!

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: December 28, 2009 02:14PM

I am grateful for what turned out to be a wonderful Christmas with family,and a new love in my life.

Vinny

Date: August 28, 2010 07:58PM

That "love" turned out to be nothing of the kind.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 29, 2010 10:24AM

i'm grateful for my nose
its there

and it can smell things
like fruit and even garlic

and lemon

Date: August 29, 2010 01:22PM

I'm grateful for you Veronique. You make me laugh and brighten up my day smiling smiley.

Date: August 30, 2010 11:23AM

and turnips

did i mention turnips too?

yes, i can even smell the subtle piquancy of the lowly grand turnip that sticks its head in the ground and makes my life better

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 30, 2010 01:43PM

I am grateful for my health, my job that I love, and my kids and my friends that helped me to get my new, better life. So many of you are right here. Thanks guys!!!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 30, 2010 01:54PM

pakd4fun!!! Hi! Glad things are going well smiling smiley

I am grateful for all on these boards, and for everyone else in my life that redirects me toward peace and fortitude, away from dark thinking.

Date: September 02, 2010 05:41AM

i'm grateful for tamukha having gone to a montessori school

grinning smiley

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: September 02, 2010 04:54PM

I am thankful for the people who give emotional support to me in my life. Also who have taken the time write letters of recommendation to achieve scholarships.

Kwan is one such person. Others who aren't on this board, (at least I don't think so) are as follows: Bert, Ann

Also people who have done little things like faxing and copying documents, when they really didn't have to, like Lori. She deserves especial thank you because she works so hard in her office, and has always been there. I don't know what I can do for her to say thank you.

Lori, Larry, Elena have also been very helpful with emotional support, and providing me with great hospitality. Although they say I am also an enormous help to their well being also.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: September 06, 2010 05:48PM

I am thankful for the beautiful weather the last few days, sunny with a light breeze and not so hot!

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: September 06, 2010 11:49PM

Well, it looks like the two Belted Galloways that appeared at our gate are ours - at least for a while. The owner doesn't want them. Their loss - our gain. They have been a great addition. They come bounding across the paddock when called. Who knew cattle could be so playful? They love being scratched. And they nuzzle affectionately. However, now I rough house with them over the fence because as playful as they are, they don't know their size or strength. I can see them from my bedroom window and when I call to them, they answer back. We found out that they are named Wallace and Gromit. So, my gratitude is for connecting with animals.

P. S.: The donkeys don't like Wallace and Gromit and are definitely NOT grateful for their presence.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: September 07, 2010 01:21AM

wow Trive
that's cool that you have cattle in your own backyard

definetely never see that in the city

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 08, 2010 09:45PM

la_veronique,

smiling smiley

Date: September 13, 2010 05:25PM

Grateful I can sit here right now,alive,and sipping fresh veggie juice.

Vinny

Date: September 13, 2010 07:28PM

How odd Trive that you live in a place where if and when you decide you no longer want your COWS you simply let them out the gate to wander off and find a new home on their own. I am amazed at that, I really am. What a story.
Jealous too. Cows are such amazinging creatures. Glad those 2 won't be dinner for anyone, that makes my day.

My mom was giving my sister a ride into the big sh!tty, oops I mean City, city, right. Anyhow, we thought we'd tag along to see the kid's papa and some other friendly folk, drop off a few little things I had collected for kids and moms I know there. It was pretty intense to be there for so short a time with so many things on the agenda but we all enjoyed it.
My mom found us a great 2nd juicer for $50 too so I can finally get rid of the Jack LaLanne one I have and don't use because it sucks tongue sticking out smiley.
And we picked up apples from the orchard down the street from our house and got to meet the apple dude while we were there. We had such a great chat about apples! I ended up with 2 huge sacks of them, I'll have to make juice with our new machine, ha ha.

Date: September 13, 2010 10:20PM

ohhhhh

ummmmmmmmmmm FRESHLY PICKED apples...makes my mouth water

i love apples fresh
organic

taste so yummy, fragrant, gets me giddy just thinking about it

oh yeah, and crispy too

i like them when they are crispy

Date: September 13, 2010 11:16PM

We got Gala and Macintosh, the Gala are ridiculously sweet, like nearly sugary. Those ones are for the kids smiling smiley.

I forgot, we came home to a jar of finished fermented veggies that I had started in the cupboard. Cabbage, carrots, green beans and cauliflower, oooh Yum!

Date: September 19, 2010 12:59PM

hey coco

what do u do to ferment the veggies
so neatsmiling smiley

Date: October 03, 2010 04:06PM

Grateful I can finally be in my current house and feel totally at home.
It was a LONG time coming.

Vinny

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables