Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

And Now---- HIGHlarious Video!
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 17, 2009 03:01AM

OMG,my friend who sent me pictures from my past musical adventures has now sent me the videos to go with them, and they're posted on YouTube! I watched all 5 of them and laughed till I cried. I actually remember the music I played in 'Star Spangled Beanery.' We were a wild and crazy group, playing VERY outside, avant garde jazz, but we were really just innocent, sweet, open-minded kids having an adventure. Here are the links to Laughing Moon on YouTube (and also soon on my Facebook page, as soon as I can get them up.) My flute playing is good, but -- fair warning -- I was not a skilled sax player. */*

The Star-Spangled Beanery
[www.youtube.com]

Empathy
[www.youtube.com]

We Are Not Alone
[www.youtube.com]

The Emu Pluckers' Barndance
[www.youtube.com]

No English Subtitles
[www.youtube.com]#

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And Now---- HIGHlarious Video!
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: October 17, 2009 04:03PM

Very unique sound!
I can sense the feeling you all were having at the time.
smiling smiley

Vinny

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 17, 2009 04:11PM

kwan,

It's challenging music, but I much prefer your newer "solo" work ; )
Thanks for sending us on a trip in the Way Back Machine : )

P.S. you have the awesomest hair in those photos!

Date: October 17, 2009 04:39PM

Vinny-- Thanks! We had a blast. We also had some tense moments and did some foolish things, and I even dabbled in psychedelic drugs for a few months, but somehow that's all forgotten and I can only remember the joy of creating with these guys! One of them is a gifted music professor now, and the other went on to become a patent attorney. Ironically, despite playing in a totally different genre now, I probably stayed closest to our original vision of counter-cultural musician/artist.

Tamukha-- Oh I'm with you 110% on that. I'd never play that kind of music again and I can't stand dissonant music now; it was a 'phase.' In fact, shortly thereafter I horrified the other two band members by completely switching gears and playing flute with a folk singer, and spending time in an ashram, lol! Within about 6-7 years of playing in Laughing Moon I was creating and recording my own ambient meditation music.I probably released a lot of psychological baggage when I did the Laughing Moon stuff, though; it was cathartic. ;-p

But I'm enjoying the memories immensely. I was sheltered and intensely shy and reclusive until I met Warren and Scott, and they opened a whole new world to me that were a sort of shock therapy for my system, helping me to find my voice and start living more authentically.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: October 17, 2009 08:01PM

This reminds me that life is a journey,and you went from being one way to another,with the people you met and your music kwan.
Thanks.

Vinny

Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: October 17, 2009 09:31PM

Loved 'Empathy' and 'We Are Not Alone', but especially had a blast listening to 'No English Subtitles'; I wish that piece was much longer as there were some really intriguing moments and transitions in there! VERY nice - thanks for sharing, Kwan.

Date: October 17, 2009 11:27PM

>P.S. you have the awesomest hair in those photos!<
Thanks, Tamukha. I was kind of shocked; I didn't remember having long straight hair. I thought it was shorter and more choppy. It was kind of a shock also because I've been wearing my hair EXACTLY the same way for about 6 months, so that now I look like an older carbon copy of my younger self.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables