Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Thanksgiving feast
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: November 10, 2009 02:25PM

Hi folks,
With Thanksgiving fast approaching whats on every body's menu,and where are you going to eat if anywhere.?
I thought I would ask how that holiday is for the folks on a raw diet.

Thanks!

Vinny

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thanksgiving feast
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 10, 2009 10:06PM

Jonathan, my mate, isn't interested in having a big ole' traditional fattening and indigestable Thanksgiving dinner, so he and I will probably do what we always do: he'll have his usual small cooked meal of ch****n and vegies and a salad, and I'll probably have some kind of vegetable thingie and salad. If I'm feeling especially hungry and deprived I might have steamed vegies on top of my salad instead of raw ones on the side. My parents live 3,000 miles away, so there's no hurt feelings about our not partaking of turkey and stuffing, cranberry relish, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, and all that other stuff. (How did Americans get so unimaginative that we always eat those specific foods on Thanksgiving anyway?!, lol.) My mom, in fact, is cool with my raw diet and says I should do whatever works for me. :-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 11, 2009 01:34AM

Doin' up the regular Thanksgiving(all organic and humane as can be) for the loved ones and gonna try making a big salad for me that I can nurse throughout everyone else's courses. Or I might just get into such a frenzy with the other food that I'll have a serving of vegan sweet potatoes and cranberry relish(I'm not 100% raw) and call it a night. We have such lovely jovial conversations round my house at the holidays, the food really isn't the point--it's gratitude for one's family, friends, and health : )

Date: November 11, 2009 03:44AM

Nice plans smiling smiley
I will be joining family,and try and make a big salad myself,maybe with some quinoa and squash mixed in.Everyone else will stuff themselves with traditional fare,watch the games,and zonk out,while I take a walk around the neighborhood smelling the crisp fall air.
Its all so good.

Vinny

Date: November 11, 2009 01:59PM

Vinny,

Every year, I stare at my Thanksgiving menu for the non-veg people and ponder how to alleviate the proteiny carbohydrateness of it all. It's like, would sir like some more brown to go with his, um, brown? I think a nice walk outside with one's own thoughts in the clean acrid air after dinner is lovely, but how much lovelier if some of one's guests weren't so comatose that they could join one on that walk? Not a 100 meter dash, just, you know, up and about and "oh, the moon looks so bright tonight!" I always start the meal with an untraditional light vegetable consommé(this year it's celery) and try to put extra vegetables into everything, and to serve at least one unsauced, barely cooked green vegetable as a side dish. It even alleviates the burden on the eye; people see green on their plate and it limits the amount of brown they load on there. At least that's what I like to think. Boy, nosy and sneaky, me : )

Date: November 11, 2009 02:57PM

That IS sneaky Tamukha.

Its so funny how we give thanks and then stuff ourselves with wrong food combination's.
Actually my family,except for a few elders,all take a traditional walk after dinner.The idea being is to "make room for pie".

Like I said,I dont judge,cause I have so many fond memories of those times,but I say its all good.

Vinny

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: November 20, 2009 02:11AM

Sorry to change the topic, but is it just me or has this board just gone reaaal quiet ?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 20, 2009 05:13AM

ive noticed it too lightform smiling smiley i thought maybe everyone was out travelling home for the thankgsiving holidays or something .. it has been very quite on the whole forums the last week smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: November 20, 2009 06:05AM

I am quite occupied with talking to many lovely ladies on a dating site right now.
But look forward to a wonderful Thanksgiving.............saladsmiling smiley

Vinny

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: November 20, 2009 06:18AM

I have been quiet because I have alot going on here as well, also because no one had posted anything which I had a burning desire to respond to. Maybe everyone is just too busy to write and are just browsing currently winking smiley ?

Date: November 20, 2009 10:15PM

Lightform,

I was thinking it may be a sort of mental hibernation for us Northern Hemispherians . . .

Vinny,

Good luck with your romancing; nice guys shouldn't finish last : )

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 21, 2009 05:29AM

Hi everybody! Nothing much to contribute to the thread, as I'm juice fasting, but I just had to wave and say hello.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: November 22, 2009 05:11AM

I plan on going to the local market that has a lot of fresh produce and where you can make your own salad for set price per lb. So, while I am not one to make my own salads, I like to have someone else make them..I will have a big one I put together from the market.

I'm also thinking about making a raw pumpkin pie or something on that order..maybe a raw apple pie? I really love the raw key lime pudding/or pie and it's easy..I've made that one several times now.

Cranberries are calling me to juice them..wish I could buy and freeze tons of those for the coming months when you just can't seem to get them. Pineapple and Cranberries, or concord grapes and cranberries..yummmmy!!

I also want to make a raw bar of something..like a raw nut/seed/date/almond butter/coconut or something on that line. Single bars are pricey..I'd rather put my own together. I might try the raw balls first substituting almond butter for peanut butter, honey, raisins, and sunflower seeds..I like that idea. I just bought some Almond butter.

I will also be moving at that time..so I'll meet up with a friend on that day and we'll go get our stuff to eat and go to my new place and eat there or at least just relax, and hang out.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 22, 2009 10:43AM

hi lightform:

it is so quiet

that i can hear the snow falling

can you?

so silent that i can hear a leaf changing colors

and the air molecules changing their trajectory

northward

then southward

then southeast ward

thaen westerly

then northwesterly

yeah... very quiet

very quiet

and i like it like that

sometimes

so quiet

that i can feel the emerald grass growing

from the cool misty soil

as i sleep

in the autumnal winter

dreaming

of

quietude

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 22, 2009 10:44AM

it is so quiet that i can smell the key lime and pumpkin desserts that prism WILL make even before they have been created LOLsmiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables