Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
God is the all-time greatest nutritionist
Posted by: Omega ()
Date: January 19, 2010 08:47PM

"Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: God is the all-time greatest nutritionist
Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: January 19, 2010 11:33PM

who?

david

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: January 20, 2010 12:10AM

The centuries old Douay-Rheims version is pretty cool, too--

"29 And God said: Behold I have given you every herb bearing seed upon the earth, and all trees that have in themselves seed of their own kind, to be your meat: 30 And to all beasts of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to all that move upon the earth, and wherein there is life, that they may have to feed upon."

Herbs, (fruits) and seeds are to be our "meat". I love the way all the beasts are given the same foods as us in this version...

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 20, 2010 02:53AM

what ever it takes to eat fruits, nuts,seeds and a small amount of vegetables.

Date: January 20, 2010 01:07PM

God never said, "eat your vegetables", though the story of Daniel thriving on veggies only made a statement.

Put a chicken or a head of lettuce in front of a hungry wolf and you know what will usually happen... though there will be exceptions.

The passage repeatedly says "seeds" and in one version could be interpreted as saying, these rich foods (seeds, nuts) are given to us for "meat". The animals, too, are not really supposed to be eating each other but they have free will like us.

God gave us these things but never said we were going to thrive on them alone. Later in Genesis the people said they were still hungry and so there were concessions made.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: January 20, 2010 06:50PM

I think a man wrote the book&quotes, but yes, we as men should be able to figure out what the best food to eat is!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 20, 2010 07:37PM

dvdai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> who?

Some megalomaniac.

Date: January 21, 2010 08:57PM

Loeve,
"The animals, too, are not really supposed to be eating each other but they have free will like us."

I have a lot of reservations philosophically to the term 'free will'. As far as animals having it, I would say that it depends on the animal. Jellyfish probably just respond to stimulus without much forethought, I would probably put clams, earthworms, and microscopic animals in there as well.

Posted by: Raw Seeker ()
Date: January 22, 2010 12:13AM

Since Man created god I guess it follows that Man is the all-time greatest nutritionist.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 22, 2010 12:45AM

Or perhaps since god is everything, including man (and woman), that man and woman are the all time greatest nutritionist. That being said, perhaps what has happened in our pursuit of knowledge that we have lost touch with that wisdom that made us the greatest all time nutritionists.

Date: January 22, 2010 12:44PM

Or maybe the Galapagos land tortoise is the greatest nutritionist, and God the greatest giver, the herbivorous turtle following thru on God's gift of plant foods and living in the paradise of the Galapagos Islands with a life span approaching 200 years.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: January 22, 2010 06:49PM

I think we raw foodists are the best nutritionists.
I see many folks that are "into" nutrition,and yet still eat many packaged and processed foods just because they are low sugar or low fat.
Ugh.

Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: January 22, 2010 07:33PM

God is our Creator, we must talk about Him with the utmost respect.
If you do not believe in God, then it will still be good manners to respect others who do.

I am constantly amazed at the complexity of our bodies and metabolisms, no human can copy this, we only get a glimpse of what is going on in our bodies. Only an almighty God can do this, and I admire His creations.

I am asking the moderator to remove this thread.

Greenpower

Date: January 22, 2010 08:17PM

Greenpower,
The OP's subject matter was presented with the utmost respect, and un-referenced, as it was, allows for some latitude, in my opinion. I hope it stays...

Date: January 23, 2010 03:23AM

Bryan Wrote:
> Or perhaps since god is everything, including man
> (and woman), that man and woman are the all time
> greatest nutritionist. That being said, perhaps
> what has happened in our pursuit of knowledge that
> we have lost touch with that wisdom that made us
> the greatest all time nutritionists.

My opinion: I think we are meant to join with the creator of Nature as the greatest nutritionists.

And some people (like you) already have.

I think John Kohler sums it up quite well towards the end of this video, as the "secret of raw foods": [www.youtube.com]

Date: January 23, 2010 05:11AM

Greenpower,
Its actually kind of off topic, maybe it should go to the off topic section. Maybe not completely removed. Some tolerance maybe warranted for the topic as some people do incorporate raw foodism into their personal spiritual belief. I respect those that do that more than people who do not. I don't think my observations on this topic are not appropriate at this time.

Trust in raw foods however can be accomplished without any particular spiritual ideals or traditions, atheists can be rawfoodists.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2010 05:19AM by Mislu.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: January 23, 2010 09:57PM

'God is our Creator, we must talk about Him with the utmost respect.
If you do not believe in God, then it will still be good manners to respect others who do. '

I think we should tolerate people that believe in God but I do not see why we should respect them. I do respect other people's right to believe what they want but I would rather not have it preached here.

We are asked to avoid politics - could we avoid religion too please?

Date: January 24, 2010 12:15AM

"God said eat your fruits and vegetables."

OMG, someone's preaching religion!!

Hahahahaha.

Date: January 24, 2010 12:27AM

god said, "be a smart ass". And it was good.

david

Date: January 24, 2010 02:11AM

"The light lightens itself and the darkness, but the darkness knows only itself, and knows not the light."

-Essene Gospel of Peace

Date: January 24, 2010 02:36AM

i brought my own lamp

david

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 24, 2010 03:27AM

Omega Wrote:
> "The light lightens itself and the darkness, but
> the darkness knows only itself, and knows not the
> light."
>
> -Essene Gospel of Peace

For a gospel of peace it's pretty inflammatory.

Instead of cursing the darkness how 'bout learning to see in the dark & recognize the beauty of the dark?

Any teaching that tries to get it's followers to deny or suppress a part of themselves (the "dark side" in this case) is suspect.

Date: January 24, 2010 10:27PM

The bible has many verses authorizing people to eat meat.

Date: January 25, 2010 02:16AM

Raw Seeker,
Where does it do that specifically?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 25, 2010 02:42AM

Raw Seeker: Did man create the intricate human body, too? Is it possible to believe in an Intelligence and not in an organized, manmade system? Sometimes I think that atheists are too puffed up with their own intellect to allow the thought of something beyond the five senses. But we have bodies which are temporary, do we not? And if I were to believe that this life is just a bunch of random, chaotic happenings, I think it would be a tragedy. I don't "believe" in something in order not to feel the pain of not knowing the Mystery. It just makes logical sense. A random, chaotic universe is nonsensical to me. There is too much Order: the seasons, for example. Life is so precise and yet so miraculous, too!

Date: January 25, 2010 02:46AM

Flipperjan: I did not take that post you quoted as someone being an evangelist. I think some atheists are so quick to freak out by anyone even mentioning G-- that they overreact. Did you get abused by religion? I see this all the time and I totally get why being raised that way would turn someone off totally to anything spiritual, but any time you perceive something as threatening that is really not, you are overdoing it. Plus, it doesn't allow for any possible change of heart/mind because you have completely closed yourself off to any/all ideas related to spirituality.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: January 25, 2010 12:02PM

Banana who

I am far from freaking out as you put it and no I have never been abused by religion.

Please don't assume that because I am not religious that I am not spiritual - i do not have any difficulty in telling the two apart.

I do not find the religious quotes that I find on these boards threatening just irritating.

I am not closed off as you put it - one of my best friends is a practising christian and we do have very interesting chats occasionally.

I think that if you look at what I actually said it is you who are wildly over reacting - trying to constue all kinds of theories about me (abused by religion)

I actually said that I was tolerant of other people believing what ever they like - hardly over doing it really. But surely you must be able to understand that certain religious quotes are just a nonsense to people who don't believe it and therefore can be very irritating in the post.

I also understand that this will bring a storm down on my head by those who believe every line in the bible and want to use them to make their points and so I will bow out of this discussuin now. The last thing I want to do is upset anybody.

In peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2010 12:03PM by flipperjan.

Date: January 25, 2010 11:36PM

Mislu wrote, "Raw Seeker, Where does it do that specifically?" in reply to my saying that "The bible has many verses authorizing people to eat meat".

Here are a couple from the King James Version-

Romans 14:
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

Genesis 9:3
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Luke 24:
42 And they gave him(Jesus) a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

1 Timothy 4:
1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

4For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving.

And here are some more-

Genesis 25:28 And Isaac loved Esau, because he did eat of his venison.

Genesis 43:16 - Bring these men home, and slay, and make ready; for these men shall dine with me at noon.

1 Kings 19:21 -And he(Elisha) returned back from him, and took a yoke of oxen, and slew them, and boiled their flesh with the instruments of the oxen, and gave unto the people, and they did eat. Then he arose, and went after Elijah, and ministered unto him.

1 Chronicles 12:
39 And there they were with David three days, eating and drinking: for their brethren had prepared for them.

40 Moreover they that were nigh them, even unto Issachar and Zebulun and Naphtali, brought bread on asses, and on camels, and on mules, and on oxen, and meat, meal, cakes of figs, and bunches of raisins, and wine, and oil, and oxen, and sheep abundantly: for there was joy in Israel.

Nehemiah 5:18 - 18Now that which was prepared for me(Nehemiah) daily was one ox and six choice sheep; also fowls were prepared for me, and once in ten days store of all sorts of wine: yet for all this required not I the bread of the governor, because the bondage was heavy upon this people.

Matthew 3:4 And the same John(the Baptist) had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.

Acts 10: 11-14 God commands Peter to eat animals.

1 Corinthians 8:8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

Luke 11: 11,12

John 21:13 Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them, and fish likewise.

Please note that I, unlike the bible, am not telling anyone to eat meat

Date: January 26, 2010 12:38AM

Raw Seeker,
The OP's opening quote was from the Biblical period in the Garden of Eden before "the fall". No one suggested the Bible did not authorise the eating of meat.

Your Acts 10:11-14 passage is paraphrased, isn't it?

Here's the King James Version in context--

10And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,

11And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:

12Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

13And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

14But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

15And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

[www.biblegateway.com]

The passage recounts the authorization by God for man to eat all manner of beasts and crawlly things, formerly considered unclean, now allowed out of compassion for the hungry.

By the way, the OP's quote was not presented as a Christian quote. It could also be Jewish, Mormon, Essene, Nazarene, possibly others...

Thanks for the quotes
Peace

Date: January 26, 2010 01:06AM

Flipperjan: As someone who goes on other boards, as well, I have often wondered why atheists feel drawn to threads related to God if they find it silly. If it's irritating, then simply stop reading it! But as someone who believes in That, it appears that non-believers go on threads which irritate them to try and change minds. I have no interest in defending organized religion whatsoever. I rarely open the Bible, but I am open to things which seem to resonate within. Obviously, after Genesis, it gets kind of rough in Leviticus, LOL. But who knows the real story of it all? I just look at the passages individually and respond accordingly. Namaste!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2010 01:07AM by banana who.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables