Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Frustrated with Worms
Posted by: tropical ()
Date: February 13, 2010 09:44AM

I bet only I could have this problem, but you know how when it rains heavily the worms come out of the ground. Well, in the city they will then crawl out on to the pavement and are stuck, especially if they crawl over the edge of the curb and get onto the road where there is no way back up to the dirt.

So I pick them up by slipping a small stiff leaf or something under them and dropping them back into the grass, but sometimes this is just so overwhelming. I mean when I see dozens of worms I tend to regretfully give up and keep going.

It seems like worms lack a sense of self-preservation and wish the birds would come down and at least put them out of their misery.

Now I was reading a hippy book, I'm pretty sure that it was Spiritual Midwifery by ? Gaskin and there was a tiny mention in it about willing the flies to go out of the house. Some concentration trick that would tell the flies to leave.

The exact story was that two people were talking and they stopped and willed the flies to leave and this comunicated to the flies that they had to go.

Anybody know anything about this and how to do it and apply it to worms?

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2010 09:45AM by tropical.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Frustrated with Worms
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 13, 2010 03:00PM

tropical,

Give it a try. Beginning when I was a toddler, I'd always gently rebury or place out-of-the-birdie-way any worms I'd find; it was instinctive and I guess my weird cross to bear . . . I'll try willing them back underground in the Springtime, too : )

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: February 14, 2010 02:08AM

I can't help with worms but I am great at getting flies to leave. I have a knack for it. Here's the scene. An irritating fly is buzzing about. I wave my hands and move it toward the door, (often having a conversation with it). Then, I'll open the door to outside and announce that it is time to go and it'll fly out. My husband just shakes his head. My secret? Flies are attracted to the bright light of sunshine when the door is first opened. You have to close it quickly, though, or they'll wander back in.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: February 15, 2010 05:40PM

Thanks for all the responses everyone.

Tamuka, it's nice to know that I'm not the only worm rescuer (I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy).

I've tried that trick too Trive, but maybe my house is still too light because it never seems to work. What I have to do, since the flies tend to gather at the windows, is to loosen an upper corner of the screen (just one corner) so that it sticks out a half inch and then the flies land on the screen and crawl out the window.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2010 05:43PM by tropical.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 15, 2010 06:55PM

My only bit of advice is to forgo the leaf and just pick them up with your fingers. That will save a whole lot of time and energy, plus you get to communicate with nature directly with your body.
They come out onto the sidewalk to avoid being drowned and then get disoriented and can't find their way back. It's sad that we've covered so much of the earth with concrete, it messes us all up.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 19, 2010 02:47AM

well if it is near where you live or in front of where you live
you could pick up all the worms just ONCE

then you could lay some sort of translucent plastic on top of the pavement

then when they aggregate again

you could put the plastic out on the lawn

and then use a hose

and let the water gently glide them back to the grass

smiling smiley

then put the plastic back on the sidewalk

and repeat

i never had to do this

but i dunno

maybe it will work

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 19, 2010 03:00AM

bet those worms are darn frustrated too smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 19, 2010 04:06PM

Hey jaygun

if i were a WORM and stepped upon and.. as you know.. humanoids and their ginormous feet are far more heftier and weightier than wormanoids...

i would probably stop being frustrated

cuz i would end up in some other realm of the holographic universe

if i had been stepped upon by a 210 pound quarterback

i'd

probably end up as a butterfly
or a falcon

or maybe even a rock or a paper clip or who knows what else?

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: February 19, 2010 11:32PM

This thread makes me laugh. So considerate. I think that it is worth doing if you have the mind to do it, but if it feels like a hassle then it is not.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables