Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

hey all and local backyard market garden
Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: February 20, 2010 01:20AM

hey all just wanted to say hi and let you know whats been up lately smiling smiley

I been working on starting a backyard market garden growing and selling foods grown with ocean grown and rock dust to help provide good natural fruits and veggies for our community.

I owe more than any of it all to my closest friend I talked about a few years ago that had some problems they all worked out in the end though and we been doing really well with all this since. Shes been really good with me liking my ideas and putting in some of her own. We both really wanna make this really work well we unfortunately we ran into a horrible problem

A new neighbour moved in thats a biker and she hates us and wants it all stopped says we should only have a small garden and made us cut down alot of vegetables we were growing cause they didn't like them where they were and at first it was just a headache of dealing with town bylaw officials and eventually the police then it got worse.

She started to really hate my friend and would harass her then call the cops saying it was other way around well the other night she blocked us in our driveway wouldn't let us leave then my friend went to door and said what the well you know and they responded with a fist and another girl kicked her right in the face breaking her glasses to pieces and knocking her down started kicking and then started screaming when she tried to fight back!! then my friend got away and I told her to get out of here call when she home safe.

I talked to her then next day went to see her and we were out and cops stopped us and arrested her!!! these bikers said they were afraid of her and she was attacking them!!! we do have witness that says otherwise still they won't allow her within 150 feet of this neighbour so she can't even come visit or help me at all anymore. She was the one building everything for me and we were doing this together I never built even a cardboard box let alone a greenhouse yet she so good at all of that and I love her she my closest friend and told me the same today too and we both started to cry together she cant be here no more.

Its a pretty messed up world is all I can say specially when it comes to the ones that run everything ya know!!! There ain't nothing anyone here can do about our situation other than offer sympathy and we would both be glad for that just don't let this happen to more people we need to all stand up for the right for in town "mini farming"

the world does need food and why should a girl face prison time for trying to help me build greenhouses yes this is extreme case not everyone gets a biker gang with american connections moving next door still though.

Just remember all of you fight for your rights for health and good things thats what we're doing right now and we really need to win this. We gotta change the system

I really learned alot from you all here on this site and I hope you know it really means alot to me smiling smiley please wish us best of luck with this we really need it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: hey all and local backyard market garden
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 20, 2010 03:56AM

I'm sorry this has happened to you and your friend, but I am confused: are you farming on the biker chick's property? Also, how is it possible that someone like this has no priors and that you guys have no recourse with the local law enforcement? I hope that you can resolve this in a way that is fair to you. Good luck.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 20, 2010 07:07AM

Hmm, seems like things still haven't changed much for you over the many, many years you've been posting here. Hope you find a way to attract something positive into your life some day. Good luck to you.

Date: February 22, 2010 02:38AM

hey tamukha,
sorry its taken me so long to reply I've been really busy lately thanks for your support though smiling smiley

no we haven't gardened on her property at all. She hasn't lived here long actually and I was told recently this isn't the first time she's made really bad trouble with her neighbours. We started building our greenhouses and cold frames before she even moved in. We don't plan to take this lying down.

Apparently reason for no priors is cause she's very well lets just say she always gets her own way in every single situation and can manipulate her way through things pretty easy I hate to admit when she first moved in she showed a very different side and slyly tried to get me to do as she wished and then pulled the full throttle open. At first she tried playing the nice friendly neighbour thing then tried to nicely tell me you can't turn your yard into a garden we don't live in the country if I wanna grow vegetables move to the country don't do it here in town she said you can't grow more than a small garden in town and called the authorities.

Well they said yes we can grow all the food we can in town and supported my plans so she lost that one and then went on to something else then eventually this now. We have been threatened like one of her biker friends said I was good person and shouldn't take such chances the wood looks very dry and would hate to see it catch fire and if we don't take structure down it could any time now the way the wind was blowing its sure to happen and that would be too bad we should take it down before something like that happens.

We put alot of work into all this and have a market of seniors ready to buy our produce already. Its not too strong yet strong enough and we do have a local farmers market as well. Also we have given free samples of our lettuce and several other greens for them to try(the seniors housing across street) and they loved it and would love to see this more available to them.

alot of people our on our side so that much is good. unfortunately this girl we're dealing with has alot of people that will say anything they can for her cause of who she is they push people around wherever they go. Our people are honest and truthful and don't have "conections" like that.

We plan to win this somehow though we really have to we won't let them win easily thats for sure!!!

thanks so much for your support smiling smiley I'll keep you posted.

and hey for everyone who ever has problems with city mini farming and market gardening don't back down we sure won't!!! people need access to good naturally grown local food and we all need to win this people need to have the right to produce food for their community.

Date: February 22, 2010 03:26AM

hey coco,
I always liked you and still love reading your posts your awesome and you've given me alot of really good advice smiling smiley Im really supprised you would see it this way its ok though any support from you really does mean alot to me you've given me alot of advice in the past my best friend read alot of it with me and did point out how I was pretty whiney and well as my friend said from reading a real suck that needed to pull myself together and stop looking at the negative side of things and well talking like I did back then and yes she reminds me of that alot!!! and shes right I've learned alot from her I'm really glad I got her support its really changed me alot in a good way.

Alot has changed in my life since the old days. I've been really trying very hard to do positive things for myself and my friend and our community. I was so close to being the first in town supplier of close fresh local produce and had alot of support from the seniors across the street. We almost had it too.

I don't understand what I've done wrong or how I attracted negative into my life everything was going so amazingly well and the county officials said it was a good thing too. They said we need things like this in our community.

This new neighbour just showed up out of the blue and started making accumulating problems. Our old neighbours were not thrilled with everything no they did accept it though and didn't make any major problems just fussed a little and were civil about it and we worked it out they moved to a bigger more expencive place though.

I have attracted something positive in my life a have a really special friend that really wants the best for me and really cares and its meant the world to me and made a real positive difference in my life. I can't help whats happened and I'm doing my best to deal with this for both of us and somehow we will win this in the end its really hard right now though and I need to stay strong for both my best friend and my own sake.

Please wish me luck. I'm trying to stay and think positive and know inside of me we will win this thing we have too. I really appreciate any support you give me. We're trying really hard and I won't give up. Thats one thing for sure I'm trying to stay as strong as I can and I won't break down at all I can't I need to stay strong.

Thanks so much for all the good advice you given me over the years it really has been helpful to me smiling smiley

I'll keep you posted smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2010 03:30AM by singinraw.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 22, 2010 03:08PM

singinraw,

Three things:

-First, as long as the local cops are aware that you are having problems with this person, and that you aren't violating any laws or ordinances, then at least this neighbor will be on their radar.

-Second, if regular people in the community appreciate what you are doing, milk it: tell everyone you meet about the garden you are starting, especially seniors and their relatives. Sell yourself as a good-hearted citizen trying to improve things. Meet with local city government representatives and tell them about your project and how it's going to help people in the community--councilpersons LOVE that kind of thing, because it reflects well on them and brings good publicity to their government. Pretty soon, all public opinion will swing in your favor, and there will be less and less that you neighbor will be able to get away with as a result.

-Third, get acquainted with a fair, reasonably priced lawyer who has experience with property disputes, especially private vs government ones. Someone experienced with that is likely to have ties to community activism associations and to know how to handle legal disputes in which their client does not have the best odds to begin with and how to turn those odds around--a lawyer like that is a good fighter.

Good luck, kiddo : )

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 24, 2010 12:14PM

hey singinraw

proud of u for going out of your way to make all those gorgeous vegetables
soooooo cooooolsmiling smiley

yeah, unfortunately, neighbors can get kind of snippety ( don't ask me why anyone wouldn't want to see beautiful vegetables adjacent to them... i don't know)

but seems like you are doing your best to turn it around

i wish you spectacular success!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables