Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Today is national log off Facebook day!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 31, 2010 01:00PM

I heard this on the radio this AM, in response to how facecrack deals with personal info many are planning to log off today to send them a message. It's not enough to just stay away all day, you have to actually go into My Account and log out.

Pass it along?

Cheers!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Today is national log off Facebook day!
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 31, 2010 07:38PM

I quit Facebook almost as soon as I'd joined. Who is this person and why are they trying to get into my life? I found it creepy, and not at all scintillating. And look, I didn't become a shut-in after all!

Date: May 31, 2010 08:30PM

I hate every little thing about it except that I can touch base with such a lot of friends all at once, hear what they're up to, see their pics and remember their bdays. Lots of old friends and people who don't keep in touch otherwise have found me there. I kind of love that part a lot <3. It's like email taken to a whole 'nuther group level. The rest of that junk is annoying crapzilla though, what a crock of useless garbage. Bleh tongue sticking out smiley.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: May 31, 2010 09:14PM

I don't want to premote FB here, but to keep it all in perspective I think that it is an incredibly usefull tool like many of our technologies today. Take cell phones for instance, they almost rival the internet in their power of communication and synchronisation ( I still don't want one for health reasons though ).

I reckon that your negative sentiments are most probably motivated by an awareness of the inherent corruption that is prevalent today, due to our individualism and economic concern over social welbeing. The actual technology, and even specifically FB is amazingly awesome. Tt's just a shame that the motivation for it is as usual to make money, which always erodes the respect for an individuals rights and wishes.

I'll log off FB today.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: May 31, 2010 10:43PM

hmmm, interesting, im confused, do people Normally stay logged into facebook? I log in, check messages, say hi to a few people, then im gone for the rest of the day usually... facebooks privacy policy is currently one of the most user friendly one on the net, its just getting more attention at the moment because its so big... im already logged out though, with no reason to go back and check my stuff again today,lol, so I guess i'll stay logged out...

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 01, 2010 12:12AM

i like facebook , ive connected with old friends and ive connected with new friends , i dont publish anything on there i dont want EVERYONE to know

it can be as harmfull or harmless as you make it smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: June 01, 2010 12:32AM

Its just too much for me.
I had to draw the line as to how many sites/forums/boards/things I looked at online.

Remember folks..........................
There was a time,not long ago,when NONE of this existed.
Creepy huh?

Vinny

Date: June 01, 2010 03:50AM

I visit this site, raw freedom community (uber friendly and OMG the recipes!), a feminist website, the crafty one, and facecrack. But I don't email anymore unless they aren't on facebook, it's just easier to have everyone in one place. I don't make friends with people I don't actually know in real life with very few exceptions so those are actually all my real life known-them-for-a-long-time people and far away relatives. I love being able to check in with them so easily, hear what they're up to, see pics, check out new babies. Busy people don't have time to update everyone they know every time something happens but it's easy to "group message" them all by just posting things on your own wall. I think conceptually it's fabulous. I just don't love the privacy issues thing and all the ads and stupid brain wasting games. Like get a real farm already! I realize that's how they keep the site "free" but all that crap is bunk.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 05, 2010 11:50PM

Coco: I totally agree with you. I just don't get the imaginary stuff like the "gifts" and all the rest. How is that satisfying? And it's just a huge time suck. I am not working at the moment and when I'm online I like to learn new stuff and this site and a few others really do that for mesmiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables