Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Does anyone believe in astrology on here?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 08, 2010 08:36PM

I do! I am a little leery of announcing this because there seems to be an anti-spiritual or "woo-woo" vibe here. I don't think that if a person believes in the Divine or thinks there is something to astrology that they are anti-intellectual. I just think there's more to life than the five senses!smiling smiley

(By the way, I'm a Sadgesmiling smiley)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does anyone believe in astrology on here?
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 08, 2010 10:02PM

Well, I dont, but I consider myself both very spiritual, and also a practitioner of the scientific arts as well, and dont consider them to be mutually exclusive... Im also open minded and have nothing against your belief in astrology, just not my cup of tea...mmmmm tea...another reason I could never be 100% raw,LOL... oh, and since its something your interested in, I'm a Gemini, although all of my friends that are into astrology say I dont seem like a gemini...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: June 08, 2010 11:51PM

Curator: Your Sun sign is just one aspect of your whole astrological profile, which is one reason why people tend to be cynical after reading a newspaper horoscope (usually pretty worthless) or a book just dealing with that part of it. Your moon, rising sign (ascendant), etc. all give a more detailed picture and so all Geminis will not be identical but they will tend to have some basic characteristics that set them apart. But since Gemini is an air sign and air signs are known to be rather detached, if you have many planets in water signs you may be quite emotional and differ from what it expected for you. In any case, it helps me understand other personality types and motivations from my own. It doesn't mean I will pigeonhole anyone or limit my expectations of them. I use it as both entertainment as well as information.

Date: June 09, 2010 12:02AM

ah, cool, interestingly enough I am capable of purposely detaching myself from a situation so I can analyze it more accurately, and more impartially, but I've always been extremely empathetic, even as a little kid, my mom said when I was 3 I told her this bum outside of safeway looked really sad, and I went over and gave him a hug, and told him not to be sad cause me and jesus loved him...lol...

Id be curious to know how one determines those other things besides the sun sign, I may not believe, but im a really curious person,lol. And being as I consider myself an Agnostic theist, I don't discount the possibility of anything.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 09, 2010 01:29AM

No. But I'm a capricorn, taurus rising, libra moon so apparently I'm supposed to be too practical for that stuff grinning smiley.

I consider myself very spiritual but I believe that when we die we're dead, no individual consciousness remains. I think that other stuff is fear and ego based to be honest. We get this life, that's it, then we return to the energy of the universe.
So better live it up! And if you want to read the stars? Well, I can think of worse things to spend your time on winking smiley.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 09, 2010 01:01PM

Sorta. I'm a Scorpio, so I take an intellectual interest in reading my horoscope and consulting various charts, because there are frequent occurrences in common between the predictions/assessments and my life, which I believe to be merely coincidental. This is interesting to me.

Yet, occasionally, the occurrences cannot be attributed to coincidence. This is more interesting to me. I have been know to wail, "ughhhh, my horoscope SAID this would happen!!!" That amuses the people that know me to be excruciatingly analytical no end--"Ha-ha, she's not a space alien robot after all, ha-ha!"

Date: June 10, 2010 12:51AM

Curator: Boy, you sound very caring, even as a child! If you go to Alabe.com they have free computer-generated charts. You must know your exact time of birth and where you were born and you just plug in the data. They will show not only all your planet placements, but also your house placements.

Date: June 10, 2010 01:15AM

hmmm, I have no idea what my exact time is, maybe I'll ask my mom, but I doubt she will know either,lol...

As a child I really was, my heart was open to everyone... not so much as an adult... but Ive been trying to cultivate that sort of love in myself again, just more carefully... its hard:/...

Date: June 10, 2010 01:20AM

Don't you have your birth certificate? It's on there. And it has to be exact so they can set up what the rising sign is. If you cannot find your bc, then ask your mother and if she doesn't know exactly, at least get the hour.

Date: June 10, 2010 03:26AM

In what country is the time of your birth on the certificate? Sheesh, ours are hardly that detailed at all.

Date: June 10, 2010 03:44AM

yeah, im pretty sure mine doesnt have the time... as its usually issues, weeks, sometimes months, after birth, mine may be easier to track down though, as being over 2 months premature and with such severe health problems, I was in the hospital for a long time, so theres a pretty big paper trail,lol... and my mom doesnt remember >.<

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: June 10, 2010 02:21PM

I believe in it,but not the little thing you read in the daily paper.Thats for entertainment.
The real stuff is much more involved.My mother is into it.

Vinny

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: June 10, 2010 02:23PM

My two cents...
I think that astrology is another lost knowledge. It is only partially known by some people, and misunderstood by the rest. .The net result is disbelief.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 10, 2010 07:46PM

I'm a Libra, and I lean toward a belief in the (unproven of course) existence of interconnecting forces of reincarnation, astrology, and karma.

But I also acknowledge the traditional philosophy of yoga, that the highest spiritual path leads to an eventual release from the Wheel of Karma, including astrological influences. For instance, I think that if I'm ever able to share an understanding with all people and all beings, I need to gradually move beyond any astrological constraints.

As for predicting events, it seems the best strategy might be to just try and do our best in every circumstance, and attempt to make the wisest decisions - apart from astrological predictions.

I do think astrology is very interesting!

Does any of that make sense?

Date: June 11, 2010 01:07AM

Coco: The USA has the time of birth recorded on the birth certificate, but there are long forms and short forms and it's the official one where you see all kinds of info. Suncloud: You made absolute sense. When astrology just serves to create another form of bondage, it's being abused and not what I am interested in exploring. I do find it fascinating to delve into various aspects of a person and really see the truth behind it and it's also helped me understand why other people act and think the way they do (inside of the "right" way like me, LOL!).

Date: June 11, 2010 02:30AM

Really? Wow, cool. I have the long forms for both my kids, no space to write in the time of birth on either of them. Seems a funny thing to include on your I.D. though, superfluous.

Date: June 11, 2010 11:48AM

well, I have my official birth certificate, and its not on it...sooo...obviously not a normal thing at the hospital I was born at...lol.

Date: June 11, 2010 01:18PM

Your birth certificate card on the long form which is just what it sounds like, a long form full of lots of info? In Canada you have to special order and pay extra for this form.

Date: June 11, 2010 06:52PM

Coco: Apparently they are doing this is America, too, these days because my boyfriend had to get his bc and he bought the shorter one cuz it was cheaper. I was pissed! I have been waiting years to see exactly when he was born but for $40, I can wait...But it has nothing to do with the parents filling it out, unless back in the "olden days" when I was born (LOL- 1965) they did it differently. It was all typed in (literally, before 'puters) and it was probably done by a secretary and included the name of the doctor, my parents' occupations (or maybe back then it was ASSumed that only menfolk worked outside the home), etc.

Date: June 12, 2010 01:18AM

Suncloud : Your comment sounds very balanced to me.

I think that if you are the kind of person who is willing to open up to the inclusion of everything "else" into your perception of self, that this aspect of personality would be able to be recognised within the astrological configurations just the same.

Date: June 13, 2010 09:54PM

Lightform wrote:

"I think that if you are the kind of person who is willing to open up to the inclusion of everything "else" into your perception of self, that this aspect of personality would be able to be recognised within the astrological configurations just the same."

I think you could be right Lightform.

It's possible that as long as we continue to be born, there's an astrological influence. Then, at some point along the way, during some lifetime, each of us may become so spiritually advanced, that our lessons have all been learned and we have no more need to be reborn. Before that ever happens, maybe we will have lived a trillion lifetimes, as a billion different species, on a million different planets. When it finally does happen, we hop off the Wheel of Karma, never to return in physical form.

I see our astrological influences as possibly being one component of nature's school of life. In life, we learn our lessons from the situations we find ourselves in. So it might be possible that someone learns most from the perspective of a Cancer (with an Aries moon, etc.), and then learns most from the perspective of a Leo during the next lifetime. It's our past Karma that determines for us what lessons we still need to learn, and then places us at birth into whatever astrological configuration would help us learn the most. At some far distant point, when we've passed every test with a grade of 100%, we graduate. No more lessons, no more births. Just a connection with all.

Generally speaking, I suppose it's a version of the old "Destiny vs. free will" dilemma.

Date: June 13, 2010 11:06PM

I differ in that I think we come from that connection with all to begin with and that we go back to it when we die. No other lives, no past life karma, none of that.
I find it just as plausable that where the planets and stars where at my birth somehow has something to do with my personality (and that we humans have divined the way to interpret whatever that may be) as being able to tell the sex of a babe in utero by how the mother looks and what kinds of food she is craving. Not very likely in other words.

Date: June 13, 2010 11:37PM

Coco, yeah, I probably lean toward a certain belief because it makes most sense to me. But how the heck could I really know? Anything could be true! I surely don't remember what was happening before I was born, and I can't be certain of anything that will happen to me after I die.

Whatever anybody believes is fine with me. Go for it! (as long as it doesn't involve harming anyone else)

Date: June 14, 2010 12:20AM

The concept of astrology makes sense to me due to many aspects of one reason. This reason is that I have come to understand that everything is connected, and this model inherently conveys a symbiotic relationship between all things.

I have seen the relationship between parenting vs child development, societal, national, cutural and climate influences on personal opportunity and self understanding, and then the more subtle connections of mood vs experiences, or individual demeanor vs arising circumstances.

These are not absolute definitions, but they do have a huge impact on what general experiences will come up for an individual. Therefor it seems natural to me to observe the larger patterns that are present within ones life.. ( i.e non direct ones ) to understand local tendencies.

Date: June 14, 2010 02:50AM

I agree Lightform. To me, astrology kind of ties in there with a compassionate view of why we're all, at least temporarily, somewhat different, and why that may be a good thing. We each have our roles to play, now and forever forward, in the symbiotic relationship of this thing we call life.

Date: June 14, 2010 04:03AM

When my son was very small - 2 or 3 - he told me he couldn't be a vegetarian, because he was already a Sagitarian!

(Being his Mom, I still think that was very funny. He was serious though.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2010 04:03AM by suncloud.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 16, 2010 09:48AM

the question was " does anyone believe in astrology.

to answer the question

uh... yeah

i kinda do, actually

i mean, i've read enough

and it convinces me that something is "up"

if u know what i mean

that's the best way i can answer that

Date: June 16, 2010 04:57PM

The moon? Sure. It draws all the water on the planet and we, watery creatures that we are, are no exception. The stars though? Even if they are doing something to us on a personal and individual level I hardly think we are smart enough to have any idea what that is.

Date: June 17, 2010 12:13AM

suncloud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When my son was very small - 2 or 3 - he told me
> he couldn't be a vegetarian, because he was
> already a Sagitarian!
>
> (Being his Mom, I still think that was very funny.
> He was serious though.)

At 2 or 3 he was talking about his sign? Sounds like a precocious Sadge to me!smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 17, 2010 08:36PM

geeeez when i was age 2 or 3

i think i had a vocabulary range of like.. maybe 2 or 3 words LOLsmiling smiley

and i doubt i was able to articulate anything of any ginormous significance whatsoever

except maybe " gimme this or gimme that"

no... in fact, i probably just grabbed it or just reached and took things out of people's hands ( quicker and saves time instead of the burden of talkingsmiling smiley

forget talking about food choices in accordance with astrology

that was NOT on my list at that age LOLsmiling smiley

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables