Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Something Happy/positive/uplifting.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 17, 2010 12:28AM

YIKES!
Good thing you're ok.
Be more careful next time.

The fun thing about that link is the magazine though, the flier was good but the whole concept of the found object is so great.

There was an edible flying spaghetti on craftster a while ago. People craft versions of that thing often, always gets a chuckle out of me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: July 17, 2010 12:30AM

hehehe, yeah... I learned a valuable lesson today, hit neutral as your coasting towards garage, or else braking to fast can make you hit the accelerator, and you kill your shop table and dent your fender...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 17, 2010 01:50AM

Curator,

Glad you're OK, kiddo smiling smiley

Coco,

A while back, I saw a car with one of those magnetic aluminum bumper stickers that originally were the Jesus fish, only this one was a silhouette of the Flying Spaghetti Monster--funeee!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: July 17, 2010 02:12AM

My good news is that I found something related to my volunteer job that I thought I lost. Pretty freaky since it involved a project that my supervisor worked very hard on. Turns out I left it on my desk.

I got to my car and turned on the radio. The song was, "I can see clearly now the rain is gone!"

Lesson in humility.

Date: July 17, 2010 02:31AM

awesomegrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 17, 2010 10:13PM

You want happy? Well, check this out!

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 17, 2010 10:25PM

Coco: I was looking at your Flicker page (I take it those are all yours?): very crisp pics and nice color. What kind of camera did you use for those? I have never had a digital camera and it is important to me to have very sharp pics. But I know next to nothing about models, etc.

Date: July 17, 2010 10:41PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ^_^ looks like fungrinning smiley lol

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 17, 2010 11:23PM

Bananaville, I have an old crap camera my sister gave me. It's been good to me, taken a real beating and kept on providing nice shots. Thanks for the compliment but it might surprise you to know that I don't actually know anything much about photography either. Digital cameras are VERY easy so long as you learn how to use the flash on/off and the macro functions (both consist of pushing one button each, kind of idiot proof), that's the trick to clear, unfuzzy images. That and good lighting, the sun is your friend (especially indirect sunlight).

This is a Canon powershot A610. It's only 5.0 megapixels because it's old, the new ones even cheapy models come with like 7.5 now or something ridiculous like that. Mine is finally starting to have some issues with the shutter getting stuck over the lens so I might have to buy a new one. Can be had for around $100 bucks but like all things manufactured these days will have a lifespan of about a year if you're lucky and treat it really, really well. Everything seems designed to wear out likkety split so you'll throw more money at a new one. Sad really. I liked this camera a lot.

And yes, those are all my shots. Thanks for taking a look! Did you see crafts or just us kids having fun?

Here's a happy thing, I'm partway through making a rainbow flannel doggy for a friend's little one. It's cute too winking smiley.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 18, 2010 12:39AM

Wow...You can get 11-14 mp for just over $100. Those pictures were wonderful! I see how creative you are. It looks great. So does your backyard. It looks like it backs up to a national forest or something. Do you live in a rural or suburban area?

Date: July 18, 2010 02:48AM

Rural but that's just the neighbour's backyard and the next neighbour beside them. My yard is pretty small compared to theirs but I love having it for the kids to play in.
If I couldn't take pics of my crafts I'd be in sorry shape. I think back to all the things I made and sold or gave away before I started taking pics and I nearly cry, I can hardly remember what it all was. It's super fun to see the progression and to capture the kid's work too. I have more of their things to photograph and scan, I love their art the best of everything.

11-14mp now eh? That's fantastic. I can't even imagine the detail you'd get! Every wrinkle of my face would show up too, how lovely. tongue sticking out smiley grinning smiley

Date: July 20, 2010 12:40AM

I shaved my head todaygrinning smiley my head feels so much lighter,lol...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 25, 2010 01:19AM

Ok, this is worth a laugh at least. I won't tell you much since it's all written in the post I'm directing you too but it involves pink fun fur and inadvertent inappropriateness.

[www.craftster.org]

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: July 25, 2010 08:43AM

Hee hee.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: July 25, 2010 10:59PM

I went for a wonderful walk in the woods yesterday. I didn't know there were any beautiful locations left in New Jersey! Two days before that I saw a sister I hadn't seen in 14 years, Plus her three children. Had a wonderful day at a museum, her children were absolutely attentive and interested in everything in the museum and what I had to say. It changed my some of my perception of what having children means.
I hope this is all uplifting!

Date: July 25, 2010 11:11PM

here is a sample image of where I went for a walk.
[www.google.com]

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: July 25, 2010 11:59PM

Lovely, Mislu! Ahhhhh, nature. And a pleasant family time. Nice.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: July 26, 2010 04:38PM

Ahhhhhh, I can almost hear the brook babbling, as brooks do smiling smiley Thanks for posting, Mislu.

Date: July 27, 2010 12:49PM

Yes, the sound of the brook was so soothing. There were also fish in it. Pretty large for how shallow the water was, and they swam so fast. I wondered how they were able to dodge all the rocks while swimming. They reminded me of my goldfish who died recently. I had her for 7 years, and she just died one morning. I miss her, I am thinking of getting another fish soon, but will find a good resting place for her before I do that.

Date: July 27, 2010 01:40PM

My condolences on the loss of your goldfish sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2010 01:40PM by Tamukha.

Date: July 27, 2010 11:56PM

Thank you Tam, she was a special fish. She really changed the way I look at fish.

Date: July 28, 2010 01:55AM

I was at a big box store the other day looking for a filter for a family friend's goldfish aquarium. They had these Beta fish in individual pint-volume plastic containers in about 3 inches' depth of water. Two of them were barely moving or breathing. As I stood there, waiting for someone to come over to the pet section to advise me on the filters, I got angrier and angrier at the condition of those poor fish, at how humans exploit all living things, and at the casualness with which it is done; I am sure the Beta fish were so neglected because, hey, it's just fish. When a woman finally came into the pet section, I told her to see to the fish immediately, trying very hard to not lose my temper, because it wasn't her department and she wasn't at fault. That's my fish tale for the week, and a bummer of a one it is. Glad your fish had you--lucky fish.

Date: July 28, 2010 03:25AM

The way those fish are mishandled makes me FURIOUS! They are sold in stores in little more than a shallow cup where they are suffocating in ammonia from their own waste, it's a frikken CRIME against nature, that it. And then people are told they can keep them in a tiny container that they don't have to clean very often, GAH! Those gorgeous creatures belong in nature, not a thimble full of water on some selfish twats counter. Grr.

Anyhow, something positive... I got paid for a Day of the Dead sock monkey a friend wanted me to make for her to give away as a Bday gift. Kinda nice to actually earn some money for crafting. And I hear her friend Loved it so that's kinda nice too winking smiley.

The kids and I went to the beach with other kiddie friends today, my mom came and had a little swim with my girl. Then we came home for back yard mini pool fun, water squirters and water melon. It was a watery kind of day... nice.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: July 28, 2010 06:22AM

I realy like seeing that people care. I love animals as well, but at the same time I think it pays to keep it in perspective. It can be disturbing to see them in distress, but I think that relatively speaking the neglect of some imprissoned fish is a small offence on the scale of things.

Date: July 28, 2010 08:46AM

some awesome postsgrinning smiley oh, and my beta has a big 10 gallon tank complete with two sponge filters, each meant for a 10 gallon aquarium, and 3 cherry crystal red shrimp,1 of which is gonna have babies soon:, and numerous plants and fun places for him to swim through and play in,those little bowls are nothing better than death traps for a poor betasad smiley... In another 10 gallon I have a beautiful Pseudotropheus Socolofi, no plants in the water though, as he eats anything I put in there, even duckweed cant survive his onslaught!!!, but my spider plant has its roots in it, and is loving it allot it seems...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 28, 2010 12:49PM

Tam,
Yes, she was fortunate. I maintained her water and gave her fresh plants on a regular basis, the way one is supposed to. My partners relatives were amaze that she was alive for so long. Actually, I have heard of goldfish living longer. But, they mostly heard of goldish dying a month or even a day after they are taken home from the pet store.

I also have had to have patience with them, as one said we should get a real pet, like a dog or a cat. I let that pass, because it was surely in jest, as she had a dog which I also loved. Still, it made me think, this wonderful living thing doesn't qualify as a pet? I sort of felt like that when I first got her, until I discovered how immediately responsive she was to me. I once saw her sitting still, watching me. Just to make sure I did a little hand wave to say hello. To my surprise she started swimming like she was getting excited I noticed her.

On another occation, I came home very upset and started crying. She came to the very edge of the tank, with such a sincere look, like she wanted to hold me. That was totally amazing.

Date: July 28, 2010 03:12PM

Lightform Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I realy like seeing that people care. I love
> animals as well, but at the same time I think it
> pays to keep it in perspective. It can be
> disturbing to see them in distress, but I think
> that relatively speaking the neglect of some
> imprissoned fish is a small offence on the scale
> of things.

Why, because it's small? How about the neglect of one imprisoned dog, or horse, or elephant, or man? I guess we all draw the line in different places but I feel guilt, sorrow and regret if I squash an ant on purpose.

Date: July 28, 2010 07:23PM

I am assuming Lightform is not implying that animals don't matter as much as people and their problems, because that just isn't in character; sure, isn't he always reminding us that all living things are connected? So, let's just chalk it up to "the Internet loses a lot in text." smiling smiley

Date: July 28, 2010 10:51PM

Coco,
There are many different places where people draw a line for behavior. I made me think of the jain teaching about leshya. [www.jainworld.com]
I am not a jain, but its something interesting to ponder. I like the fact that its an observation about ethical development. I don't know how the story would reflect in people you meet. I imagine that one probably wouldn't meet too many people in either extremes, but most towards the middle.

In any case, I miss my goldfish.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: July 30, 2010 06:53AM

Well, Tam and Coco,
I feel something like this about it... All life is valuable but there is a natural hierarchy within it ( yeah I do place peoples needs over animals ) winking smiley. I wouldn't save a pig at the expence of having a person starve. This is my own personal line. I also feel that there is a higher order than life in morality which is love. As long as love is considered then I think it creates its own balance. You might ask how you could harm an animal in love ?

I think this could only happen when the natural order of lifes demands it ( such as a wolf needing food etc ), and when a life must be taken, the love would be in blessing or respecting it for its essence and sacrifice. Also, IMO there would be less and less reason for the nessecity of harm, the more in tune with love that one becomes.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables