Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone noticed the growing movement ?
Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: August 07, 2010 10:44AM

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a steady increase in the amount of health conscious individuals around ?
I just went to another raw food pot luck tonight and after having chatted with the various people there, I have had this notion refreshed again. It does seem from what I have observed, that more and more people are starting to become aware and care about real health principles.

For some it is just a case of realising that sugar and dairy aren't so good for you, but for many it has progressed to an understanding of how organic food is better, or further that raw is better still etc etc. I feel hope when I see this, because I personally think that reclaiming our health will go a loooooong way to actually fixing most problems which we experience in our daily lives.

What are other peoples experience with this... is it growing ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone noticed the growing movement ?
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 08, 2010 04:05AM

heck ya
its growing
and its been like that for a long time
i mean every time i turn around
someone is into raw or at least vegan
its an epidemic
or a pandemic
or a something or other endemic thing

yeah

to answer your question
everyone else is in on the secret grinning smiley

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: August 08, 2010 07:45AM

Menus didn't use to have vegetarian options, but now they often have several.

Even McDonald's now has salads (lousy ones, but at least a token attempt).

When I told my doctor that I have been eating a raw food diet, he didn't freak out.

Many mainstream grocery stores now carry some organic fruit and veges.

Articles on nutrition appear in magazines and newspapers often.

Yahoo and other internet news sources have lots of articles too. (Granted they have a lot of misinformation, but at least they often say to eat fresh fruit and vegetables and often name certain ones to be sure to include.)

Etc.

Yeah... I can give more examples of how things are better (and, sadly, can also give examples of how it is worse). It is great to note the positive changes, though.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 08, 2010 10:45PM

Oh yea.
I have noticed.
It sort of "finds YOU".
Thats how it all happened for me.
The raw life FOUND me.

Vinny

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: August 08, 2010 11:33PM

Glad you're back, Vinny.

I don't think ther new or increased awareness. The focus just changes with fashion. You know, health spas, cod liver oil, constitutional walks, the anti-oxidant revolution, and so on all had there days.

I don't think it can be called an increase in awareness until the statistics start showing diet related disease and dysfunction such as diabetes, obesity, vitamin deficiency, heart disease, etc. start to go down. I'd love to see the statistics of people eating at home or self-prepared meals to go up. I'd love to see a reduction in weight loss clinics and products. I'd love to see gym/health education back in schools, even flawed courses planted the seed of thought that it is as important to be sound of body as sound of mind. What I see is companies trying harder to cash in on a problem they helped to create by claiming to be the solution.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 09, 2010 01:20AM

LOL- I was looking at the best seller book lists for the week and on the non-fiction was a book called "Medium Raw." I thought it was possibly about a high-raw diet. Um, just checked it out:[www.amazon.com]

Date: August 09, 2010 01:26AM

Hmm yeah, I'd like to think it is an escalating awareness as well although I do tend to wonder. Nutrition has been a subject intensely pursued for ever! so I don't know if the signs I see are realy an indication of a greater shift or if they are like veghunter suggests.. just another fad.

I do think that we are all on the verge of a move into a more unifying consciousness, so it would seem appropriate that people would be becoming more health conscious at this time. I certainly hope so.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: August 09, 2010 01:55AM

ROFLMAO, yeah, nothing by bourdain will ever be about raw food,well, maybe raw paleo, but not raw vegan,hehehehehe... I know allot of people dont like him, but I enjoy his personality,lol.

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL- I was looking at the best seller book lists
> for the week and on the non-fiction was a book
> called "Medium Raw." I thought it was possibly
> about a high-raw diet. Um, just checked it
> out:[www.amazon.com]
> ine-People/dp/0061718947

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 09, 2010 03:34AM

I loved Kitchen Confidential. Great writer.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 09, 2010 08:34PM

idon't know either of these writers

and the only book i care to read
are the squiggly hieroglyphics on a kale leaf

just about now

zzzzzzrrrrrooomm
IN the juicer it goes!!

glugglu glugggg ahhhhhhh!

Date: August 12, 2010 03:32PM

Look at #70 on this site:

[www.nursingschoolsearch.com]

smiling smiley

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 12, 2010 05:11PM

What wonderful alternative freaky planet did you get that from Trive?!

Date: August 13, 2010 04:33AM

The internet is wonderful, ain't it?

I find www.stumbleupon.com to be a frightfully interesting time-waster. You can select for certain topics of interest and just see what random (in the true sense of the word) thing pops up. That did and I decided to share it.

(It didn't escape my attention that one of the items on the list was to limit computer time!)

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 13, 2010 02:06PM

What a list, wow! I passed it along.

I do notice a growing trend but I'll tell you something, as my social set ages people are beginning to feel the aches and pains and troubles of and older life and that's the motivation for most of them. So, yes, I see people taking an interest in health but only because they have to. I don't see them changing their lifestyles in a way that will afford their children better future health though so... the balance remains the same? I don't know. I hope awareness is spreading but it's hard to counter-balance a medical establishment that refuses to recognize that We Are What We Eat, never mind one that understands what it is that's healthy to eat in the first place. The doctor is where most people go with health concerns and sadly, they are the most often the least informed about the easiest path to health; via nutrition. Sad sad sad but true.

Date: August 17, 2010 10:02PM

I've observed this grapevine effect from my own involvement with healthy living and it realy gives me a buzz. It's like a bonus reward. An extra reward beyond the initial one of having good health for myself.

It makes me think that if there is this much spread from my own actions, and there are so many other people into raw food now, that it could only be having an exponential effect. An exciting prospect smiling smiley.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables