Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

PARTY!!!
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: August 17, 2010 11:25PM

yeah I told some friends & acquaintances I was throwing a party today at 1 pm, they found it an odd time, but most showed up, unfortunately for them it was not the party they expected, I never stated anything about alcohol or anything... I juiced like mad, and had multiple raw dishes available, including a ginormous bowl of my south american slaw, the foods where liked by everyone, the juice was well received by at least half, loved by a few, and hated by a few... The whole fruit sorbet was of course the most popular, I made multiple types, Strawberry banana, blueberry banana with pineapple, peach strawberry & pineapple, then strawberry banana pineapple peach pineapple and blueberry, used a melon baller to place individual bites on banana chips, then there was one more type which was basically cinnamon, banana, and a bit of brown sugar & vanilla, processed, then frozen a gain in ice cube trays, then put through the juicer again, and portions placed on small circles I made out of 90% cacao dark chocolate, some with almonds and some cashews, these where the most popular by far...almond was the favored, I preferred the cashew, I bet macadamia would have been awesome, but that wasn't what was on such a super awesome sale... all in all it was pretty fun, and as crazy as they seem to think i am, they loved all of the food...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PARTY!!!
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 18, 2010 02:36AM

Maybe you could start a raw catering company smiling smiley

Date: August 18, 2010 02:49AM

that would be fun! although to be even slightly successful in my area im fairly certain id have to provide more than raw dishes... If i am able to move to santa cruz, it may be more likely I could get by off of just raw food business.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 18, 2010 03:12PM

holy COW!

that sounds incredible!

wow

what a gorgeous event

lucky for the guests

who were treated to such delights smiling smiley

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: August 19, 2010 01:29AM

How come you didn't invite all of us?

Just kidding.... kinda

sounds super wonderfull!

Glad the food was recieved well.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: August 19, 2010 07:13PM

Did anyone help you with all that work? Just curious! Sounds like a veritable feast fit for royalty.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: August 19, 2010 08:35PM

That is a prety cool story Curator smiling smiley
How many people were there ? It does sound like a whole bunch of work. It makes me laugh to think you kept them in the dark about it... man they must be prety good friends. Have you tried using date in place of sugar in those desert crackers yet ? I reckon that would just top it. Well done all round man !

Date: August 20, 2010 04:02AM

there where 9 people, I did all the work myself, but I did most of the prep the day before, And no I haven't used any dates, to expensive for me, let alone to feed to other people, hahaha... but I didnt use any sugar other than the very small amount that was already in the 90% cacao dark chocolate... the sweetness of the other ingredients did most of the sweetening, probably why the almond was so popular, as it tastes a tad bit sweeter than the other nuts... was the last of my raw almonds from last visit to my grandpas though, I guess a visit is in order,LOL...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 21, 2010 08:19AM

hey man

post some pics
of the delicious yummies

Date: August 23, 2010 12:29PM

no camera:/... come to think of it, I really should have asked one of my friends if they had a camera, that would have been awesome... next time I will try to remember to do sogrinning smiley I will also try to remember to post in here first that im gonna have another raw party, then you can remind megrinning smiley hehehe

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables