Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I am concerned about the young children I see today
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 03, 2010 08:41PM

A few weeks ago, The Daily Show mocked the DSS here in the States for declining to allow a totally qualified woman to become a foster parent because she refused to agree to serve hypothetical foster kids pork. She is Muslim. Stop the world, I want to get off!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: September 16, 2010 05:55AM

The children are toxic. TOXIC. You can point fingers at the parents all you like for how they try to cope, but that won't change toxicity. It is like trying to talk a schizophrenic or bipolar type out of their behaviour.

Biology is the mother of psychology. Fix up the children's bodies and it will became much easier for the parents to cope with parenthood.

If I had a child who was acting crazy, the first thing I would do is find a Dr. who would put him or her on intravenous vitamins and minerals. That is just for starters. Then I would get the same treatment for myself, as I would probably need it.

Date: September 16, 2010 02:44PM

Horsea,

[sigh]You are a voice in the wilderness. The typical parent of an out-of-control child doesn't even consider for a fraction of a nanosecond that the crap diet they're feeding them might be the cause. There is an entire population in this country that is insensate, and I bleed distress over it every day.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 16, 2010 07:44PM

A ray of hope? I have friends with a severely adhd child who they are desperate not to medicate so have been seeing a naturopath and following an elimination diet. They are meat and dairy eaters and this diet takes a long time to have an affect but they are sticking to it month after month and keeping him off the drugs (they are all eating this way, mom dad and 5 year old sister but NOT the baby, sigh). It's not all parents who refuse to try a back to health approach. Most of them but not all...

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 17, 2010 12:19AM

hi coco

they eat meat and dairy and they religiously follow an "elimination" diet?

well, the thing they might consider eliminating first is probably staring at them on their plate during every meal

but baby?
didn't even know baby could eat half the things the adults can

i know nothing about babies
except that they gurgle and giggle and smile and laugh and cry in preponderant amountssmiling smiley

when do they have teeth?

i thought they needed everything all mashed up

see?

me sillly

i know nothing about babies

Date: September 17, 2010 12:29AM

Small ray of hope, yes, coconuts. Unless you mean the baby is hopped up on the drugs the rest of the family is eschewing . . .

Date: September 17, 2010 01:23AM

No, the baby (2 ish is still a baby, crappin' in diapers and falling asleep mid-day and all that) still got to eat dairy and meat and wheat etc but the rest of them were strict for months and are only now adding some things back in. They did see marked improvement in behavior in the oldest and middle kids and even though the oldest is still seriously interesting in his behavior they aren't giving him drugs. That woman impresses the heck out of me, at this point with 3 kids under 10 and a home office plus a difficult husband I'd have lost my sh!t way before now.

Date: September 17, 2010 02:39AM

Tamukha, don't be so distressed all the time. It is not good for you. I used to open my yap, by the way, to people about children behaving crazy but I got slapped down to size.

Date: September 17, 2010 02:36PM

Horsea,

smiling smiley

Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: September 17, 2010 07:48PM

As our food supply gets increasingly polluted, demineralized and perverted the physical matrix for spirit breaks down...the temple of being is destroyed from the subquantum level through to the genes and the human is on route to oblivion. In the rural past children spent most of their childhood outside...now with all the antibiogenic EMF waves and nature-energy deprivation our children are becoming increasingly mad. Only a return to full life-supporting living will save humanity from social collapse, war, insanity and global ecocide.

Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: September 17, 2010 07:59PM

To be plugged into the Source is to be plugged into Necessity, originality and satiety. Paolo Lugari the founder of the Gaviotas community in Columbia said that just because some Gaviotans don't have a university degree, doesn't mean they aren't intelligent or creative. Paolo held that if a child is raised to be creative he doesn't need a degree, our goal therefore should be to give them an educacion gaviotera...to teach them the world is one big opportunity. We have a crisis of creativity. However there is no problem that cannot be solved by becoming more alive, awake, loving and cognosentient.

Attending to current hunger is all very well, but it is kinda pointless when humans keep breeding more people within systems that foster scarcity and hunger. The greed of the capitalist system generates scarcity to increase demand and ensure wage slavery. Whereas a sane socioeconomic system would grow so much food and resources permaculturally that it can be bartered rather than paid for and no one need go hungry. The universities to a degree are part of the problem as they are largely funded by the neg-power money from the industrial agriculture, chemical, petroleum and military companies. The system of cultural decay is thus tied up in a big feedback loop which is heading for the ecological cliff.

"It is so important to get the universities to teach "uncertainties" as opposed to theories of certainty." Paolo Lugari

The materialist view reality that is now dominating the show sees only the material, that is matter and energy. The doctrine of historical materialism espouses the idea that understanding the human mind relies not only on inward reflection but also on the historical and social context in which a person lives. Each of us is a reflection of the culture in which we live. To break out of the automatic, mechanical programs that constitute the Borg, we must transcend the given culture. Maintaining business as usual, or at least the façade of it, appears to be the main preoccupation of our politicians with the support of the mainstream media. So the people themselves need to create a pragmatic alternative to the present unsustainable political/economic cosmically delinquent system. To build a coherent center, and recover from the fractionation, rejection, abandonment born of materialism’s commoditization and exploitation, we must awaken to a continuous reaffirmation that the world is malleable to our desire and will, should we grow in our powers of our collective manifestation. To promote psychosocial creative development we must invite and inspire change with infectious enthusiasm and become true to the deep human, with new forms of social cohesion and contribution.

Date: September 17, 2010 08:08PM

Wow Jana, that place sounds AmAzing!
[www.worldchanging.com]

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: September 18, 2010 07:36AM

I have been tutoring grade school children, its been the best job but it is eye opening to see problems with the children these days. They eat top ramin and watch way to much t.v.there concentration is lacking and most cannot retain the information. some have learning disorders. The older children don't have a base knowedge. a very frightening situation for our society. I was talking with my Koren friend and learning is very strict in Korea. Is it just american children? The water has floride and other things in it, the food is lacking in nutrients, the additives and sugars are killing our children yet the f.d.a. continues to pass these deadly ingredients to the people.
Great points but even though you are not wanting to teach I honestly cannot think of any other profession that is more honerable. Every profession has its drawbacks.

Date: September 18, 2010 02:05PM

Article in the paper today about how a rise in the common use of profanities in popular culture (hello, b!tch and sh!t on daytime tv) and by adults is resulting in a rise in profanity use by children as young as kindergarteners.

No, really? Children learn what they live? OMG, who knew?!

This was written the year I was born but still it's news. Le SIGH!
[www.empowermentresources.com]

Children Learn What They Live
By Dorothy Law Nolte, Ph.D.

If children live with criticism, they learn to condemn.
If children live with hostility, they learn to fight.
If children live with fear, they learn to be apprehensive.
If children live with pity, they learn to feel sorry for themselves.
If children live with ridicule, they learn to feel shy.
If children live with jealousy, they learn to feel envy.
If children live with shame, they learn to feel guilty.
If children live with encouragement, they learn confidence.
If children live with tolerance, they learn patience.
If children live with praise, they learn appreciation.
If children live with acceptance, they learn to love.
If children live with approval, they learn to like themselves.
If children live with recognition, they learn it is good to have a goal.
If children live with sharing, they learn generosity.
If children live with honesty, they learn truthfulness.
If children live with fairness, they learn justice.
If children live with kindness and consideration, they learn respect.
If children live with security, they learn to have faith in themselves and in those about them.
If children live with friendliness, they learn the world is a nice place in which to live.

Copyright © 1972 by Dorothy Law Nolte

Date: September 18, 2010 05:42PM

I love that, coco, and, yep, still spot-on.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 18, 2010 11:00PM

I heard an ungodly noise outside the other day and ran to the window. A mother was pushing her toddler-age child in a stroller and the kid was like from central casting for "The Exorcist." My partner came over and we both remarked at how many small children are like wild animals. Not because they are brats, not because the parents are abusive jerks or weenies, but because of toxicity of some sort. I felt SO BAD for this poor mother! She looked like she was doing everything she could. We live in a suburb where a fair number of moms seem to be stay-at-homes and seem responsible: loving, yet not too lax. Yet still there are a number of meltdowns, anyway...

Date: September 19, 2010 03:01AM

Oh guys, that's just how kids are at a certain age. They don't have the mental capacity to understand lots of what's going on, they don't have the ability to reason, they have very little impulse control, so many areas of the brain are just not developed yet. Toddlers are little demons a lot of the time, that's just the way it goes. Mostly they are sweet and cute and lovely but I don't know ANY kid who isn't a hellion now and then.

Date: September 19, 2010 03:43AM

Coco, I have seen plenty of melt-downs in my life. Honestly, this seems different. It's not even the typical red-in-the-face hissy fit. In the past, it would be precipitated by an event like the kid not getting his or her way. But I have just seen meltdowns for pretty much no reason and that is why I started this thread. Just as we have seen a sky-rocketing for ADHD, autism, and other disorders, I think this kind of freakout is unpresidented and due to toxins and not just typical toddler frustration. As I said, I don't think it's the fault of either the child or the parent, beyond food issues. There's also the whole indigo/crystal child theory of this new Millenium group incarnation having sensitivities not seen in past generations. That would make sense. If they are more psychic, perhaps they are more sensitive to gross matter?

Date: September 19, 2010 04:43PM

banana who,

Totally get what you are saying, and believe that it is beyond the typical often violent autonomy testing that toddlers have gone through since Australopithecus afarensis. That's what coco is referring to. What I think you refer to is: at the drop of a hat, instantaneous blood curdling screeching, venom, and spasms, frequently accompanied by a fiendishly transformed facial appearance. Kiddie apoplexy. The natural tantrum builds, very quickly sometimes, but it still builds, reaches a crescendo, then subsides. The other kind is aberrant. It's like someone said the action word and instead of the sleeper agent pulling out a gun and shooting the prime minister, the sleeper agent turns instantly into a spazzing demonic entity. Terrifying, and certainly not the result of lax discipline, although I think in many cases, that's a contributor.

As for Indigo Children, I don't get what you mean. Unless it is that a commensurate rise in mutism could be attributed to Indigo Children's witnessing of these demonic fugues in their peers and retreating inward for defense. I do not believe that the children exhibiting erratic violent irrational rages are psychic sensitives; quite the contrary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2010 04:44PM by Tamukha.

Date: September 19, 2010 06:48PM

Coco, that is a very nice poem about children learning what they live. We should definitely try avoid the first 7 behaviours just because they are wrong, and carry out the rest of the behaviours on the list because they are inherently right.

However, there's no guarantees, as you know. And if our children have some awful behaviours, we might be made to feel guilty if we take the above poem too seriously.

To get right down to business, it's more Nature than Nurture, so let the debate begin!

Genes, Prenatal Jing, Postnatal Jing, [Chinese medicine concepts easily translatable into western science],parenting, & social experiences, in that descending order, is what I see as determinants of children's behaviour, always keeping in mind that it's ultimately the way these factors interact with each other that matters. And that is not knowable. That is where the Hand of God comes in.

Date: September 19, 2010 07:06PM

Tamukha: LOL!!!! That was a funny description but so apt. I couldn't have found better words...The thing is Indigos (and later versions called Crystals) may be so sensitive that they become exactly the opposite of what they are when faced with the density of these earthly vibrations. I don't know; I will have to read more about them but I was intrigued when I read about how all these disabilities are related to their particular consciousness not being linear and able to learn in the traditional ways. So it gibes with what I have observed take place in society and I thought that this could be an extension of it.

Date: September 19, 2010 08:37PM

I can say from my own experience that my kids were born with elements of their personality quite firmly in place, certainly there is a balance between nature and nuture. I've read that what a mother experiences when pregnant as well as diet, of course, have an enormous impact on the developing child. Physically, mentally, hormonally, food plays a role way before a kid is even eating it themself.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables