Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

so any winter projects on the horizon? smiling smiley
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 03, 2010 10:10PM

ive been thinking about expanding/altering my aquariums to feeding an indoor hydroponics system and try and grow some easy greens indoors this winter.

not exactly sure how im gonna adapt this but im furiously reading website after website getting ideas smiling smiley

im also gonna paint my dreary boring beige bedroom this awesome RED i found and sew up some new bedding to accent it smiling smiley

so how bout you folks any projects for winter? craft stuff? renovations?smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: so any winter projects on the horizon? smiling smiley
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: October 03, 2010 10:56PM

Interesting topicsmiling smiley
I am going to finish painting my house.
Lots of little details left to do like closets,woodwork,etc...
Vinny

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 04, 2010 12:25AM

I'm moving house, woot! Big project.
The studio space there is very tiny but I am unbelievable grateful to even have it at all so will make good use of it. I plan to finish making some assembly line products for selling, fabric bags, tissue cosies, cutlery rolls, monsters and dollies, etc. I've got a big box full of the pockets of pants I cut up for other projects that I'm finally going to sew those into a quilt for my little man. And I've got a large collection of interesting fabrics to make into a quilt for the small girl too. Those seem like good winter projects to me.
Oh, and I'm taking a computer upgrading course as well, a little something just for me.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: October 04, 2010 01:37AM

Like Vinny...

Need to finish painting trim - man, I hate painting trim work. And then there is the kitchen upgrade that we never got around to doing...

Getting into my electronics work; I have a few effects pedals that I want to build for a blind musician I am friends with. I have been putting it off but that is something I want to get to work on for his b-day, which is in January.

Date: October 04, 2010 02:49AM

cool vinny , woodwork you mean like furniture or interior details? smiling smiley

awesome on the move coco , studios can be very effecient and fun to set up to make space work for you, i hope the move goes smooth and seamless for you ! smiling smiley

juicerkatz that is very nifty thing to do for your friend smiling smiley

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: October 04, 2010 07:33PM

jodi,
Wood work as in the trim around doors and baseboards.

Everyone seems to have some good stuff lined up for the snow days ahead.

vinny

Date: October 04, 2010 08:01PM

cool vinny , im gonna do decorative chair rail around the perimiter of the bedroom then do wainscotting (spelling) do it all white and the upper part of the walls this red color i found. im hoping its gonna look really great smiling smiley

if not i can always repaint lol

sorta kinda like [www.handyman-pro.net]

Posted by: CoeyCoey ()
Date: October 04, 2010 10:17PM

Find a new job! Actually, I am going to try and change careers.

Date: October 04, 2010 11:04PM

cool CoeyCoey, what do you do now what do you want to do? im dont know how old you are, im 40 now and just finished school not taht long ago to do massage therapy , was a 3 year course i stretched over 5 years. i did accounting for 20 years smiling smiley im sure glad for the change of scenery ...

from papers to people grinning smiley

i say do it, dont hesitate find out what you want to do an go for it ! smiling smiley

Posted by: CoeyCoey ()
Date: October 04, 2010 11:09PM

I am a corporate pilot at present. However, I would like to be a personal trainer/nutritional consultant. I am studying the personal trainer stuff now. I am 37 and have been flying a long time. Tired of working for rich people who don't pay well. If I am not going to get paid well, I would rather help people.

Date: October 04, 2010 11:24PM

up here (canada) personal trainers take a course in kineseology ..is it the same down there?

and yea ..i got pretty sick of dealing with pissed off people having to pay taxes and then try an stiff me for doing the work ..(like its somehow my fault they have to pay taxes lol)

now people love to come to me and be helped ..its a much more satisfying line of work smiling smiley and peeps are happy to pay at the end smiling smiley

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: October 05, 2010 12:49AM

I'm going OUTSIDE!!!! It has been an unusually rainy and yucky winter here and finally today was a beautiful spring day. Sunny and gorgeous. Yipee!!!

Our barn needs to be restained. Now I won't mind doing it.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 05, 2010 10:37PM

Oh, that's right, Trive, it's Spring where you are! Neat to hear about your barn painting--makes me look waaaay forward to the other side of our approaching winter season here smiling smiley

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 05, 2010 11:09PM

Jgunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> cool CoeyCoey, what do you do now what do you want
> to do? im dont know how old you are, im 40 now and
> just finished school not taht long ago to do
> massage therapy , was a 3 year course i stretched
> over 5 years. i did accounting for 20 years smiling smiley
> im sure glad for the change of scenery ...
>
> from papers to people grinning smiley
>
> i say do it, dont hesitate find out what you want
> to do an go for it ! smiling smiley

Hi there! Would you be so kind as to PM me (or answer on here) about your experiences with massage therapy? I am planning on doing the training beginning in January! smiling smiley

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 06, 2010 03:23PM

I have got a couple of massive knitting projects on the go. Kaffe Fassett type designs in rowan wool - quite challenging!!!!!!

[www.knitrowan.com]

hopefully this will show you one of the designs I am making - a woollen dress

if you look at the scarf on the model - that is the design for the dress.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2010 03:24PM by flipperjan.

Date: October 12, 2010 02:41AM

banana who, i am loving doing massage, iu used to do accounting for near 20 years and love now working with opeople instead of paper. my old work people didnt want to pay me cuz they are mad they owe taxes, now people love to pay me cuz imake them feel good ...its amazing and right on smiling smiley

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 12, 2010 04:10PM

Oooo, thanks Jodi!smiling smiley I am being a little indecisive because I didn't know if the job market for massage was as lucrative as they claim. Have you found that to be true (if you live in the States)?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables