Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Big Science
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:22PM

I thought this article was interesting for a couple reasons. I had never heard of "Big Science' previously, only Big Pharma, Big Oil, Big Government, Big Hollywood, Big Labor, Big Military, Big Psychiatry (I made that up) --

The Big Science Promotion Grows Stranger

[www.thedailybell.com]

But the Parallel Universe article is what got my attention --

CERN Scientists Eye Parallel Universe Breakthrough

[www.reuters.com]

I've never been that interested in Science, but I love the notion of Parallel Universes and other dimensions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 02:28PM by KidRaw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big Science
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 24, 2010 04:44PM

Quantum Physics is fascinating, mostly because it's still vastly thoretical. I've been thinking about M Theory a lot lately . . . Thanks for posting the Rueters link. As for the Daily Bell one--I think the Hadron Collider is a fool's errand, but I also don't understand the hive-mind resorting to the "free market argument." It isn't universally applicable.

The author considers the Hadron Collider to be a boondoggle, but fails to consider that, if it results in establishing the possibility of parallel universes, this will be the only way for the staff of the Daily Bell to travel back in time to the pre Namunian natural law governed utopia of Ur!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 04:46PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: October 27, 2010 12:01AM

Omega used to talk of a parallel dimension where the spirit resides, the idea being that when you think about all the information we carry in our heads it just doesn't seem possible, and so our thought life might actually exist in a spiritual realm.

I remember learning about atoms, light and waves, but I'll never forget that forth grade class the day my science teacher taught us the concept of the infinit. If the super collider helps expand on that idea it'll be worth it to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2010 12:03AM by loeve.

Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: October 30, 2010 06:03AM

I don't know why people are fascinated by parallel universes or life after death...I think we got enough going on in this universe to keep us occupied.
Just cause white powder of gold disappears in sunlight, and then can reconstitute itself in this dimension...is because its atoms are "spun" out of 3D...I don't think this is evidence of parallel universes. The atoms may spin or jitter into the plenum with the extra photons of sunlight, then when out of the sun they may loose the extra energy and reconstitute in this domain.
I'll see what Barry Carter says about this.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: October 30, 2010 10:32AM

Parallel universe means different things to different people. Some of the dimensions in string theory happen at a scale so small they can't be measured.

Some believe in a multiverse where "big bangs" have happened elsewhere in infinite space.

I like to believe there are infinite universes like our own. It's like the argument some used in antiquity against the idea of the stars being contained within a dome, that you could always get to the top of it and shoot an arrow into space. Maybe some day a telescope will spot the first "other universe" like the first time one found an other gallaxy, which was really not that long ago.

I love the Star Wars story line, that it's a story that took place in a gallaxy far far away long long ago.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables