Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Positive vibes please
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 17, 2010 11:07PM

Hi everyone,
I need some positive vibes. I just allowed myself to get sucked into some other webpage with some negative ones. Don't ask, really. Its my mistake, I realize now its just such a waste of time. Why would I want to waste my time? I don't know, don't care, but its time to move on!

Just to provide some of my own positive vibes. (as really its my job) I just got back a test with a score of 89.5%! Well, at first I thought I had gotten as low as 50%, but I was surprised and pleased that it was what it was. Its in my ant & physio class, which is about 2/3 of the way done. So far this is my lowest grade! Which is pretty good, because the instructor drops the lowest. I hope the remaining three will be higher. So, I am pumped, its going well.

My compost bin is progressing, and I am looking forward to getting some great veggies and fruit this coming summer. I added some high nitrogen stuff to it today, in the hopes that it will help it decompose faster. I have plenty of leaves, actually way, way too much. But I wish I could use them all for the garden, but it looks like my partner will insist that I toss a lot of them, because my partner thinks I won't be able to use them all, or that they will be ready for this spring.

So, if there are any perpetual optimists out there, please teach me how to do that!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Positive vibes please
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: November 18, 2010 12:00AM

Winter solstice in a little over a month! smiling smiley

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: November 18, 2010 12:38AM

Congrats on recognizing that it's time to move on and get away from negative vibes! There's only shame in continuing after you know it's wrong.

In general, when things aren't going as well as I want them to, I make it a point to remember that having a positive attitude is a choice. (Two different people in the same situation can have very different perceptions. Both positive and negative attitudes are a choice. e.g., Some people can see misfortune as an opportunity to do something differently.)

Good luck!

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: November 18, 2010 12:46AM

Hey, Mislu. It sounds like you're already looking on the bright side. Your compost may rest until the spring and then suddenly pick up quickly. The pile compacts as it decomposes, so don't be afraid to put too much in.

I'm not an eternal optimist, but my mother is. How does she do it? She's incredibly forgetful, lol. She metaphorically smacks into a brick wall, picks herself up and smacks into it again and keeps going totally unaware she's been there before. I'm not sure that's the way to go either!

Sending you much joy and happiness.

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: November 18, 2010 02:14AM

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 18, 2010 04:09PM

Ah, swimmer, so lovely smiling smiley

Mislu,

You strike me a pretty put-together person on these boards. Re read your first post in this thread--you've got goals and you're making them happen. So, maybe you need to have more confidence about your scholastic abilities. I suggest you go back to your earlier posts on the subject of school: [www.rawfoodsupport.com] to see how motivated and confident you can be. Optimism, not incautious, reckless heedlessness, which is frequently mistaken for optimism, is a part of your way of seeing the world already. ODE Magazine had a fascinating article about this in September:
[www.odemagazine.com]

In the meantime, to tide you over, sending positive energies your way--enjoy the autumn and the compost pile and your partner and fresh fruits and veggies and be confident that all that all things will go your way!

Date: November 19, 2010 04:15PM

Thanks, Tamukha!

I hope it helps Mislu!

Creating something always helps me generate positive vibes.

Date: November 19, 2010 06:41PM

Tamukha,
Wow, thank you for the insights. You are absolutely right when I really need to be put together I am generally. When it doesn't matter so much, or if I don't care about something, I am very lax. Which sometimes confuses people, as I don't always take the same things seriously as other people. Something to think about and remember.

Swimmer,
You created that 'fruit burst' or sun burst, or red and blue snowflake? Thats wonderful, whatever it is. It reminds me of childhood when tie dye shirts were so popular. I miss the 60's and early 70's. Everyone was complaining about certain aspects of life during that time, but actually that period was so carefree in so many ways. Well, there is no time like the present, so I will have to think about something to enjoy now...let me think, feel. I have a test on tuesday, so I will have to enjoy something after that.

Date: November 19, 2010 07:39PM

Mislu,

Yup, I made that for you. Fruitbusrt is a good name for it. I guess it does look a little like a tie dye. I should confess that it was just a few minutes playing with a new program, while taking a "break" from studying. I'm glad you like it! I think might save it and use it as a virtual moving light in a 3d scene (like a gobo light in theater).

Life really is more complicated now, but there is always good to be found whenever, and wherever you are. It's really all in the eye that you look with.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 19, 2010 09:03PM

Mislu: Was this a political Web site, by any chance? There is one I view that sometimes really gets me going because the people there claim to be so open-minded yet they put out negativity all over the place! And then I realized something: it's on me. No one forces me to go there but ME. And I must be attracted to all the drama somewhere inside of me...So I still look at the threads, but I am more and more detached. And that's a good thingsmiling smiley

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: November 19, 2010 10:07PM

Leaves decompose quickly, so heap them up all you want!

We all get sucked into things sometimes..it's nice to recognize when we do so we can extricate ourselves quickly. I also just amended my ways recently with regard to my big mouth!

Love,
Prism

Date: November 20, 2010 05:13PM

banana who,
Not politics, but its kissing cousin religion. And yes, its all on me, I didn't have to go there, I don't have to contribute my 2 cents. I shouldn't expect anyone to think or change positions. thats the poison, expecting something which isn't likely to happen. Food and diet, is probably another topic, but probably 3rd or 4th behind politics and religion. But quite often is intertwinned between religion, politics, philosophy etc...something which is often emotional topics.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: November 21, 2010 02:54PM

Here's a profession where you need a little optimism - astronaut. The latest Soyuz space capsule landing is on YouTube! It was always so secret during The Cold War -

[www.youtube.com]

They were up at the International Space Station for 176 days. The day they left they put on their space suits, climbed into this little capsule, finally got the hatch sealed - there was a piece of the closing mechanism floating around when they checked it - and landed in a plowed field (a parachute and rockets fired in the last seconds break their fall). I'd like to hear a recording of their voices in the last moments.

At 0:33 the capsule is shown just after landing and still smoking hot. The closeups of the capsule show the scorch pattern from re-entry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2010 03:04PM by loeve.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 27, 2010 05:50AM

horrible joke :

what do u call a person who lives?

a liver

yeah, this is a brilliant joke i made up because it is so bad
that you have no choice but to laugh in abject horror and sincere disdain

and then it tends to make me lighten up

bad jokes are almost as good as good ones

hope this helps to enliven your vibes in a positive fashion

sorry but this is the best i could do for now

and also, for the record a 89% on an anat/physiology class is not bad at all whatsoever ( those who disagree will be shot)

and if that is your LOWest

well, just shoot me, somebuddy LOLsmiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables